Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Just like you should never go out on your two –wheeler without wearing your helmet, similarly you should also not go out biking without insurance. Besides being a legal requirement in India, two-wheeler insurance is also mandatory for every bike owner to ensure their safety and peace of mind while on the drive.
If you are running hard on your finances, you can always go for the minimum insurance required, that is Third party Liability policy. However, this will not cover the damages that may be caused to your own vehicle or the medical expenses that you may have to bear due to an accident. If you own a high-end car, then you might have to shed out a lot of money from your pocket for repair charges, etc or for medical expenses which can go up considerably if the accident is major.
A Fully Comprehensive Two –Wheeler insurance Policy, on the other hand, will provide you with extensive coverage for all kinds of unforeseen events so that you can have a completely hassle-free drive.
What is covered under a Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
Comprehensive Bike Insurance policies not only cover you from third party liabilities and theft case, but also provide coverage for myriad situations, some of which have been mentioned below:
- Loss or Damage due to natural calamities:Loss or damage caused the vehicle due to any of the following natural catastrophe like Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide and rockslide.
- Loss or Damage due to Man-made Calamities:Damages caused due to calamities triggered by human actions like Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, terrorist activity, and any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
- Personal Accident Cover:This is a compulsory coverage of INR 1 lakh provided by all two-wheeler insurance companies for the owner or driver in case of accidental deaths or permanent total disability due to an accident.
- Third Party Legal or Financial Liabilities:provides coverage against legal or financial liabilities like accidental death of a third party or third party property damage.
What are excluded?
There are certain factors that are not covered by any two-wheeler insurance policy. Some of them are:
- General aging or normal wear and tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Loss or damage caused due to riots, war or nuclear risks.
- Wear and tear of consumables liketyres and tubes, unless the vehicle itself is damaged at the same time. For such cases, the liability of the company becomes limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
- If the accident takes place outside the geographical boundary as declared in the policy.
- Damages not covered in case any accident occurs when the two-wheeler is
- being used otherwise than in accordance with the Limitations as to use
- being driven by any other person other than the driver or the person insured
- being driven by any other person who does not possess a valid license or under the influence of alcohol or liquor
What factors decide the premiums for Comprehensive Two-wheeler insurance?
The premium on your Two Wheeler Insurance policy would depend on:
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Place of Registration
- Fuel type