Effortless Claiming Process for Car Insurance India
Are you aware of the reason for buying car insurance India? It is not only because Indian law has made it mandatory.
A car insurance policy is an investment made to protect you financially from the unforeseen emergencies which might cross your way while you are driving. The best car insurancecompany will not only give you great benefits but also settle your claims fast. Online Insuranceclaims are the most important part of insurance as it is this amount that gives you assistance when you land up in an emergency.
Ignorance about the claim process can leave you brooding over the process when you need support on an urgent basis.Hence, as a policy holder, it is very important for you to be well aware of the claim process for car insurance India.
There are a handful of aspects that needs to be remembered to make the claim process for car insurance India a smooth one. The foremost and the most important part of making an online insurance claim are the documents that you require to submit. Whether the claiming is done for car insurance online or offline, these documents are mandatory to be submitted.
- Offline/Online Insurance Claim form duly signed by the insured.
- Car insurance policy, both original and copy.
- Duplicate copy of vehicle registration certificate and photo copy of Driving License of the driver.
- Copy of estimated cost of repair prepared by garage.
- Copy of FIR, in case the car sustained any major damages and/or criminal offence, including damage and injuries to third party.
- Copy of Fire brigade report in case loss if inflicted by fire.
Claim for car insurance India can be for the following reasons:
Third party claim: Claim for physical injury or property damage caused to or by someone else.
- In the event of a collision or an accident, if you are at fault causing damage to another person or his vehicle, it is important to make a police report immediately as well as notify the company which has provided the car insurance policy. On the contrary, if you are the sufferer due to someone else's fault, you must get the insurance details of that car and inform them about your loss.
Personal Damage/Theft claim: Claiming for a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy for personal injuries or damage caused to your car or when your car is stolen.
Follow the given steps to make the process of claiming your car insurance India a smooth one:
- Inform the police and the insurance company at the earliest so that they can send their assessing tem to check the amount of damage caused.
- Never try to shift your vehicle from the accident spot without the permission of the police or the insurer.
- Some of the best car insurance policies provide cashless facility;they pay for the repair charges to the workshop directly.
- For online insurance theft claim, you need to surrender your car key to the insurance company.
Online insurance aggregators like PolicyBachat has not only made the process of car insurance purchase and car insurance renewalsimple and hassle free, but has also rendered great help in the claiming process. A simple form, called the car insurance calculator, helps insurance-seekers to calculate premium and compare the rates of different policies under one roof and buy the best plan.