Iffco Tokio-Individual Medishield Insurance Policy
Iffco Tokio-Individual Medishield Insurance Policy provides for a basic medical
Cover for all illnesses (except for certain exclusions) and an optional cover for
Providing additional Sum Insured for critical illness like heart surgery, kidney
failure, cerebral stroke cancer, major organ transplantation etc. where the treatment
costs are very high.
Why you should choose Iffco Tokio-Individual Medishield Insurance Policy?
- Nursing expenses, including that incurred during pre and post hospitalisation periods
(only if qualified nurse is employed on advice of Medical practitioner ).
- Ambulance charges @ 1.0% of Basic Sum Insured, subject to maximum Rs 1,500.
- Daily Allowance @0.1% of Basic Sum Insured, subject to maximum Rs. 250 per day,
for the duration of hospitalisation.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation expenses for maximum period of 60 days each, beyond
- Cost of health check-up, once at the end of 4 claim free years block @ 1.0% of average
Basic Sum Insured.
- The optional Critical Illness Extension (for doubling of Sum Insured in respect
of 10 listed major diseases) can be taken under the Individual Medishield Insurance
Policy, on payment of extra 30% on the basic premium.
- Room Rent @ 1.0% of Basic Sum Insured daily and ICU/ITU Rent @ 2.5% of Basic Sum
- Registration, Service Charges, Surcharges etc. of hospital at actual, subject to
a maximum of 0.5% of Basic Sum Insured.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation expenses, up to a maximum sub-limit of 20% of Basic
Sum Insured. This relates to expenses for medical treatment for a period of more
than 3 days, which would normally require hospitalisation, but is actually taken
at home for specified reasons, as stated in the Individual Medishield Insurance
- Prescribed package charges of hospital for specific treatments, subject to a maximum
of 80% of Sum Insured.
- For Ayurvedic and Homeopathic hospitalisation treatments, coverage is available
under the Individual Medishield Insurance Policy, but Sum Insured is capped at 10%
of Basic Sum Insured limits, including pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
- Any pre-existing disease, for a period of 3 years of continuous coverage from inception
of Insured’s first Medical Policy.
- An initial 30 day waiting period for newly incurred diseases (not accidents).
- One year exclusion period for few specified diseases only, as listed in the Policy.
- Cost of spectacles, contact lens or hearing aids.
- Dental treatment, unless requiring hospitalisation.
- Convalescence, general debility, congenital diseases/defects, sterility.
- All claims arising from or related to pregnancy, other than ectopic pregnancy.
- Any domiciliary or out-patient treatment.
- Cost of external medical equipments.