IFFCO Tokio-Swasthya Kavach Policy-Base Plan
IFFCO Tokio-Swasthya Kavach Policy-Base Plan covers different members of your family
under one floater Sum Insured, which results in substantial saving of premium, while
ensuring that coverage is available for each member to the extent of the full Sum
Insured under the Policy. There are two Plans available under the Policy – the cheaper
Base Plan and the more comprehensive Wider Plan. The Wider Plan has two further
options – Basic Cover only and Basic Cover with Critical Illness Extension.
Why you should choose ‘IFFCO Tokio-Swasthya Kavach Policy-Base Plan?
- Ambulance charges on actual basis, subject to maximum Rs 750.
- Daily Allowance @ Rs. 150 per day, for the duration of hospitalization
- Hospitalisation expenses of persons donating organs during organ transplantation
of insured person, within the overall and individual limits of Sum Insured specified
under the Policy
- Prescribed package charges of hospital for specific treatments, subject to a maximum
of 80% of Sum Insured or 80% of actual expenses, whichever is less.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation expenses, up to a maximum sub-limit of 20% of Basic
Sum Insured. This relates to expenses for medical treatment for a period of more
than 3 days, which would normally require hospitalisation, but is actually taken
at home for specified reasons, as stated in the Swasthya Kavach Policy.
- No medical checkup is required up to 45 years.
- Room Rent @ 1.0% of Basic Sum Insured daily and ICU/ITU Rent @ 2.0% of Basic Sum
- Registration, Service Charges, Surcharges etc. of hospital at actual, subject to
a maximum of 0.5% of Basic Sum Insured
- Nursing expenses, including that incurred during pre and post hospitalisation periods
-(only if qualified nurse is employed on advice of Medical practitioner).
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation expenses for maximum period of 30 days each, beyond
hospitalisation period. The Post Hospitalisation expenses are limited to 7% of the
hospitalisation expenses (excluding Room Rent), subject to a maximum of Rs. 7,500
- The overall expense limit is capped for certain diseases/treatments, based on the
Sum Insured under the Swasthya Kavach Policy.
- A special premium discount scheme is available under this Policy, if the Insured
has effected his Motor Two Wheeler Insurance Policy with Iffco Tokio, or if he is
covered simultaneously as an employee/member under any Group Medical Policy issued
by Iffco Tokio
- Special provision is available for automatic reinstatement of Sum Insured in the
event of a claim under the Policy, to the extent of the claim amount paid, except
for some specified chronic diseases. The reinstatement premium is computed on short
period basis, from date of hospitalisation till expiry of Policy and deducted from
the claim amount itself. This ensures that the Insured does not have any worries
about getting the benefit of full Sum Insured again, for a subsequent claim in respect
of any family member covered under the Policy, unlike the standard Policies available
in the market, where Sum Insured gets reduced by the claim amount for the balance
period under the Policy.
- Any pre-existing disease, for a period of 4 years of continuous coverage from inception
of Insured’s first Medical Policy.
- An initial 30 day waiting period for newly incurred diseases (not accidents).
- One year and two year exclusion periods for certain specified diseases, as listed
in the Policy.
- Cost of spectacles, contact lens or hearing aids.
- Dental treatment, unless requiring hospitalisation.
- Convalescence, general debility, congenital diseases/defects, sterility.
- All claims arising from or related to pregnancy, other than ectopic pregnancy.
- Any domiciliary or out-patient treatment.
- Cost of external medical equipments.
- Claims arising out of participation in dangerous sports/activities.
- Claims arising from or related to HIV/AIDS.
- War, terrorism and nuclear risks.
- All non medical expenses, including personal comfort and convenience item services.
- Treatment of obesity, hormone replacement therapy, sex change.
- Genetic disorders, stem cell implantation and surgery.
- Expenses on naturopathy, experimental or alternative medicine, acupressure, acupuncture,
magnetic and similar therapies.
- First 10% of any admissible claim, if insured person is suffering from either diabetes
or hypertension and first 25% of claim, if he is suffering from both diabetes and
hypertension. This provision is applicable for claims arising out of diabetes and/or