Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance: Online Renewal, Coverage, Add-ons
About Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz general insurance company is a Joint venture between Allianz SE, the World’s leading insurance company and Bajaj Finserv Limited. Bajaj Allianz is one of the companies to start their general insurance business in India after the privatization of general insurance business in India.
It has received the certificate of registration from IRDA on 2nd May 2001 to carry out general insurance business in India. Bajaj Allianz is the second largest private insurance company in India in terms of GWP underwritten for the financial year 2020-21.
Bajaj Allianz general insurance company offers Bike insurance, Car insurance, Commercial vehicle insurance, Fire insurance, Engineering insurance, Health insurance and many other insurance products to the masses.
The underwriting support is provided by the Allianz SE which has good experience in underwriting business in the new markets. Bajaj Allianz has seen a profit of Rs.1, 330 Cr for the year ending 20-21 with the solvency ratio of 345% for the mentioned period.
What is covered under Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Policy?
Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy is an agreement between the insurance company and the customer in which the insurance company settles the loss or damages incurred due to an accident in return for a nominal premium to be paid by the customer to the insurance company.
Bajaj Allianz two wheeler is designed to ensure that your bike is protected from the damages caused as a result of perils mentioned in the policy document.
Below are the perils covered under Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy:-
- Own Damage Section:
Third Party Section:
- Damage due to Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition or Lightning.
- Burglary or House breaking or Theft.
- Damage due to Riot and Strike.
- Malicious damage
- Earthquake including Fire & Shock
- Damage due to Natural peril of Act of God such as Flood, Storm, Hurricane etc.
- Damage due to accidental external means.
- Damage due to Terrorist activity.
- Damage caused to the bike while in Transit by Rail, Road, and Inland waterway, Lift, Elevator or Air.
- Damage due to Landslide / Rockslide.
Personal Accident Cover:
- Legal liability arising out of bodily injury / death of third parties involved in an accident with the insured bike.
- Property damage of third parties caused due to an accident involving the insured two wheeler bike.
- Personal accident cover compensates in the event of death or disability of the owner/driver due to an unfortunate incident while travelling on the insured two wheeler bike. The compensation under the personal accident cover of Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy would not exceed Rs.15 L.
Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance Add-ons:
Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy offers extra coverage to your bike in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy is mentioned below:
- Depreciation Shield:
Depreciation is the reduction in the value of an item or part over a period of time due to the usage. The wear and tear results in the reduction of an item’s value which is known as depreciation. Depreciation is taken into consideration at the time of claim settlement by the insurance company. As a normal rule each year 10% or more of the bike value would be depreciated depending on the parts which are damaged due to an accident. The depreciation cost is the amount which is deducted from your claim amount due to normal wear and tear caused to your bike over a period of time. This depreciation cost would be given to the customer at the time of claim settlement if the depreciation shield is added to the policy at the time of purchase.
- Engine Protector:
Engine protection add-on covers the damage to the two wheeler bike engine due to leakage of lubricant oil or damage to the engine box due to water ingression. Engine protector provides financial protection to the insured against any repair or loss of the bike’s engine due to the above mentioned reasons. Engine protector is very important add-on if you stay in a low lying area which has a huge probability of floods during the monsoon season and driving in water clogged areas also result in malfunction of the engine. Without this add-on, standalone damage to the engine is not covered under your comprehensive bike insurance policy.
- Consumable Expenses:
There are certain parts in your two wheeler bike such as Engine oil, Gear box oil, Power steering oil, Coolant, AC oil, Brake oil, Air filter etc., which are known as Consumable parts. These parts cannot be repaired in case of damage and had to be replaced at the time of claim. The cost of replacement of these parts, in case of an accident, is generally not covered under your comprehensive two wheeler bike insurance policy. But with the addition of this add-on, all the consumable expenses would be covered by the insurance company at the time of claim settlement.
- 24*7 Spot Assistance:
This is the Pan India cover provided to the two wheeler customers who need assistance while on the road. 24*7 road side assistance provides service for emergencies such as repair of flat tyre, jump start for bike battery, legal advice in case of an accident and many more. The road side assistance cover is available in payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
- PA Cover for unnamed passengers:
The personal accident cover for unnamed passengers covers the death or disability of passengers travelling on the bike at the time of accident. The maximum sum assured for personal accident cover is limited to Rs.2 Lacs per passenger travelling on the bike. The PA cover for unnamed passengers would be charged based on the number of passengers mentioned in the RC copy of the bike.
- Additional fitments:
The cost incurred to repair the additional fitments will also be paid by the insurance company if extra premium is paid and the coverage is opted. Additional fitments are covered under the Insured declared value of the own damage section. Extra fittings such as Stereo, Bike fittings etc., which do not come with the showroom fitting, are covered under this add-on.
- Conveyance Benefit:
A “per day” cash benefit would be paid to the insured customer if the bike is in the workshop for more than a certain number of days as mentioned in the policy document following an accidental damage. The benefit is payable only if the claim is accepted by the insurance company as per the terms & conditions mentioned under the policy.
Key Features of Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Policy:
There are certain key features of Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance policy. They are:
- Motor on the Spot feature is a feature which allows the customer to register the claim via app and the claim would be settled within 20 minutes. Customer can use the claim amount to carry out the repairs at his/her desired workshop. This feature enables to increase the claim settlement time in case of minor repairs.
- The bike insurance policy can be purchased for two wheelers aged up to 15 years online on our portal Two Wheeler Insurance above which the decision would be taken by the insurance company based on the condition of the bike.
- 24*7 Spot Assistance cover is provided to two wheeler bikes up to the age of 15 years which is otherwise not available with other insurance companies.
- Depreciation Shield cover, Engine protection cover and Consumables cover are given for two wheeler aged up to 5 years. The premiums to be paid to avail the drive assure silver cover would be nominal and the coverage would be extended by a large extent.
- Instant policy issuance in case of two wheeler bike. Policy copy would be available immediately after the payment of premium.
- Endorsements such as Name correction, Address correction etc would be done within 24-48 hours of submitting the request.
- Bajaj Allianz bike insurance claim toll free number is 1800-103-5858 which can also be used for assistance in case of bike breakdown.
- Bajaj Allianz insurance wallet is a mobile app which can be used for making insurance related purchases including the renewals. Most of the insurance products can be purchased directly from the mobile app with real time customer support to assist in the insurance purchase.
- Bajaj Allianz general insurance has tied up with more than 6000 garages to facilitate cashless claim settlement service to their customers.
- Motor on the spot feature allows the customers to get the claims settled if the claim amount is up to INR20, 000 in case of two wheeler bikes. The claim amount would be transferred to the account of customer within 20 minutes. This on the spot claim settlement facility increases the number of claims settled thereby maintaining a healthy claim settlement ratio.
- Transfer of no claim bonus from previous policy (up to 50%) and transfer in case of new vehicle purchase.
Types of Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance
Bajaj Allianz bike insurance is of the below types:
- Only Third party bike insurance:
Bajaj Allianz third party bike insurance policy covers the legal liability arising out of bodily injury or death of third parties involved in an accident with the insured vehicle. In addition to this it also covers the third party property damage caused due to an insured two wheeler bike.
The third party bike insurance is mandatory as per the Motor vehicles Act to ply on public roads without which the driver/owner may be fined up to Rs.5000 or imprisonment up to 3 months or both. The third party bike insurance premium of Bajaj Allianz can be calculate online which includes the personal accident cover to owner driver up to INR 15 L.
- Comprehensive bike insurance:
The comprehensive bike insurance from Bajaj Allianz includes the Own damage section as well as the Third party section. Own damage section covers the loss or damage to the two wheeler bike due to an insured peril such as Fire, Theft, Act of God, Malicious damage etc., acting at the time of damage.
Bajaj Allianz comprehensive bike insurance is also known as Full insurance in the market as it covers both the First party as well as the Third party. Bajaj Allianz comprehensive bike insurance policy can be purchased online from Policybachat by entering the basic details such as Make and model of the two wheeler bike, date of registration and RTO.
- Comprehensive with Drive Assure Basic:
Bajaj Allianz has introduced drive assure plans as a part of the own damage section of the policy to provide assurance to the customers regarding the claims. Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Basic includes the Comprehensive package along with the Depreciation shield.
The drive assure basic can be purchased on payment of additional premium and it is like a topping on an ice cream. Depreciation shield covers the cost of depreciation on the repair or replacement parts at the time of claim settlement without which the customer would be liable to pay the depreciation costs.
- Comprehensive with Drive Assure Silver:
Bajaj Allianz has introduced drive assure plans as a part of the own damage section of the policy to provide assurance to the customers regarding the claims. Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Silver includes the Comprehensive package along with the Depreciation shield, Consumable expenses & Engine protector.
The drive assure Silver can be purchased on payment of additional premium and it is like a topping on an ice cream. Depreciation shield covers the cost of depreciation on the repair or replacement parts at the time of claim settlement without which the customer would be liable to pay the depreciation costs.
Consumables such as Engine oils, Air filters, AC oil etc., would be replaced at the time of claim and are paid under this add-on. Engine protector covers the loss or damage to the engine due to leakage of oil or water ingression.
- Comprehensive with 24*7 Spot Assistance:
The last one is the Comprehensive cover with 24*7 spot assistance which includes the road side assistance over the call. Bajaj Allianz 24*7 spot assistance provides assistance to the insured in case of breakdown of the bike on road. This package needs to be purchased by paying additional premium.
Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance premium calculation
Bajaj Allianz bike insurance premium depends on many factors such as IDV, Add-ons, Age of the bike, Make and Model of the bike, year of registration, Manufacturing date, Previous NCB, RTO etc. Bajaj Allianz bike insurance premium can be obtained instantly using the online calculator. It is advisable to use this bike insurance calculator before deciding on setting the budget for the bike insurance.
Below are the factors which need to be input to get the Bajaj Allianz bike insurance premium online:
- Basic details such as Name, E-mail, Mobile number etc.,
- Bike Make and Model which decides the premium of the bike to be paid by the customer.
- Insured declared value which is the maximum liability of the insurance company in case of any claim. Higher the IDV, higher the premium.
- Year of registration of the bike to arrive at the age of the bike. Bajaj Allianz general insurance covers two wheelers up to 15 years of age online. Bikes aged above 15 years would be subject to inspection and approval from the underwriting team before quoting.
- Previous year No claim bonus also decides on the premium to be paid for Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy. Higher the NCB, lower would be the premium to be paid by the customer.
- RTO location decides on the premium to be paid in the online bike insurance calculator. State capitals are classified under Zone A while the rest of cities come under Zone B.
Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Claim process:
Bajaj Allianz has simplified the claim settlement process for their customers. Below is the process of claim settlement with Bajaj Allianz:
Step 1: Claim Registration
The first step in the claim process is to register the claim by calling on the Toll free number 1800-209-5858 and registering the claim by mentioning the basic details such as policy number, date and time of accident, brief description of the accident, approximate claim costs etc.
A claim intimation number would be assigned by the Bajaj Allianz claims team which should be quoted for further communications regarding the claim. Bajaj Allianz team will take you through the entire claim process and would assist you in each and every step of the claim settlement process.
Step 2: Repairs
The next step in the bike claim settlement process is to take the bike to the nearest garage for repairs. Bajaj Allianz has tied up with more than 6000 garages Pan India to provide cashless service to the customers. This Pan India service can be utilised by anyone and get the repairs done at any part of India. In case of minor damages the bike can be driven to the nearest garage for undertaking repairs, if in case the bike is in immovable condition then the towing services can be availed to two the bike to the nearest garage.
Step 3: Claim Settlement
Bajaj Allianz‘s “Motor On The Spot” feature allows the customers to get their minor claims settled within 20 minutes in case of minor claim where the claim amount doesn’t exceed INR20,000. If the claim amount exceeds INR20, 000 a surveyor would be deputed to the garage within 24 hours of claim registration.
Surveyor would conduct the survey and submit the report to the Bajaj Allianz general insurance company within few hours after which the company would decide on the admissibility and the quantum of claim. Once the customer agrees to the claim amount, insurance company will process the claim and settles the amount directly with the garage in case of cashless claim settlement. If the customer wishes to get his repair done at a non cashless garage, the claim amount has to be paid upfront by the customer and later submit the bills to process the claim.
Documents required for Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance Claim Settlement:
There are certain documents required by Bajaj Allianz claims team for bike insurance claim settlement process which are mentioned below:-
Own Damage Claim:
- Original policy copy and Registration copy of the bike in the name of the insured. If the name of insured and name on the RC doesn’t match, claim will be denied by the insurance company.
- Valid driving licence of the driver who was driving the bike at the time of accident. Claim would not be settled if the driver doesn’t have valid licence at the time of accident.
- Claim bills or estimate to be submitted to the insurance company from the garage.
- Bike engine number and chassis number, Odometer reading would be verified before the claim settlement.
- Duly filled and signed claim form to be submitted.
Third Party Claim:
- Copy of FIR in case of theft should be submitted to the insurance company.
- Copy of Non traceable certificate also should be submitted. If the police are not able to recover the bike within 90 days of complaint then a Non traceable certificate would be provided to process the claim.
- Duly filled and signed claim form to be submitted.
- All the other documents such as original policy copy, RC copy should be handed over to the insurance company.
- RC copy should be nullified by intimating the RTO.
- Spare keys of the bike should be submitted to the insurance company.
BAJAJ ALLIANZ “MOTOR ON THE SPOT” Feature allows customers the get the minor claims settled within 20 minutes.
- In case of Third party bodily injury claim, FIR should be submitted and the same needs to be intimated to the insurance company.
- Details of the other vehicle(s) involved in accident with the insured bike should be mentioned in the claim form.
- Duly filled and signed claim form should be submitted.
- In case of property damage claim the details of property damaged should be mentioned in the claim form.
- All other documents such as original policy copy, RC Copy, Driving licence should be submitted to the insurance company.
Documents required for Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance online purchase:
There are certain documents required to purchase bike insurance online from Bajaj Allianz general insurance company. They are mentioned below:-
- Registration certificate of the bike to know the Make & model of the bike, Year of manufacture of the bike, RTO location, Bike registration number etc.
- Previous year policy copy of the bike to understand the No claim bonus available, expiry date of the policy etc.
- Nil claims declaration from customer in case of No known or reported claims in the previous year.
- You can purchase Bajaj Allianz Two wheeler insurance from online portal after entering the basic details such as Bike registration number, Year of registration or manufacture, RTO location, Make and model of the bike and previous year policy details.
Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance FAQ:
Can I purchase Bajaj Allianz Bike insurance online?
Yes, you can purchase Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy online from the online portal by entering the details of your bike such as Make & Model, Year of registration, RTO location etc.
Is claim payable if I purchase insurance online?
Yes. Claim is payable if you purchase your bike insurance online. Online is another mode of purchase just like offline purchase from agent or through bank. The claim process is made mostly online and hence the need to visit an office at the time of claim would be drastically reduced with the Motor on the spot feature of Bajaj Allianz.
Can I renew my existing Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy online?
Yes, you can renew your existing Bajaj Allianz bike insurance online till the vehicle reaches 15 years of age. The renewal process is quite simple which involves the customer to enter the policy details and proceed to payment page.
My bike is more than 15 years old; will Bajaj Allianz insure my bike?
If the age of your bike is more than 15 years of age, please contact the toll free number 1800-123-4003 to get assistance from our bike insurance expert. Two wheelers aged above 15 years would be insured after satisfied inspection report.
How is the claim settlement ratio of Bajaj Allianz?
The claim settlement ratio of Bajaj Allianz is 92%* which is considered as the best claim settlement ratio in the insurance market. The claim settlement ratio would change from time to time and the high settlement ratio indicates the high chance of your claim getting settled.
What are the advantages of Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy if purchased online?
There are many advantages of purchasing bike insurance online from Bajaj Allianz general insurance company such as: Instant policy issuance, Policy purchase from your place of comfort, less paperwork, No need to visit office physically etc. These advantages make it attractive to purchase Bajaj Allianz online using the link bike insurance policy.
Can I get Bumper to bumper cover for my bike?
Yes, you can purchase bumper to bumper cover for your bike from Bajaj Allianz general insurance company for bikes which are aged not more than 5 years. Bumper to bumper is also known as zero depreciation cover which settles the depreciation cost at the time of a claim. Additional premium needs to be paid if you opt for bumper to bumper cover along with the comprehensive bike insurance.
If I renew my bike insurance with Bajaj Allianz, will my NCB stay intact?
No claim bonus is given to the driver/owner of the bike based on the driving behaviour and is eligible to be carried forward at the time of renewal. NCB stays intact if you renew your bike insurance with Bajaj Allianz if your previous bike insurance with a different insurance company. No claim bonus becomes zero if there is any reported claim in the previous year.
Can I purchase only Third party bike insurance?
Yes, only third party bike insurance can be purchased as it is mandatory to have a TP insurance to drive in public places. But it is advisable to have a comprehensive bike insurance policy to safeguard your financial interests. Third party bike insurance premium is decided by the Government of India and is subject to change each year.
What is Comprehensive Bike insurance?
Comprehensive bike insurance from Bajaj Allianz covers the loss or damage to the bike due to any of the insured peril acting at the time of accident. Third party insurance covers only the legal liability arising out of bodily injury or death of third parties due to an accident involving the insured bike. Third party section also covers the property damage of third parties involved in the accident.
Does Bajaj Allianz offer any discount for online purchase?
Bajaj Allianz offers extra 5% discount for online purchase of bike insurance. To avail extra discount on your bike insurance please visit the bajaj-Allianz-bike-insurance-faqs . The extra discount would be offered on the own damage section of the bike insurance whereas the TP premium is pre-fixed based on the cubic capacity of the bike.
What type of bikes/ two wheelers does Bajaj Allianz insure?
Bajaj Allianz insures every make and model two wheeler bikes up to the age of 15 years considering the date of registration. Any model bike insurance can be purchased online from Bajaj Allianz general insurance company. For vehicles more than 15 years of age, please contact our bike insurance expert who will assist you with your bike insurance renewal from Bajaj Allianz general insurance company.