Are you planning to go for an extended holiday or a prolonged business trip to a foreign country? An elongated trip may also increase the risk of falling ill abroad or face other unfortunate situations during the course of the trip which may turn your vacation or business tour into a hassle-prone and frustrating affair. If such trips are on your mind, secure yourself in a foreign land by planning for long-term travel insurance.
Standard long term travel insurance policies give coverage for one to six months. However if you are planning for a year-round trip, you need to consider a “backpacker’s policy” which gives you coverage even if it is a luxury trip. As with normal policies, it covers the standard risks like medical expenses, trip cancellations, stolen luggage and other possessions, etc. Some additional coverage may also be provided depending on the activities that you plan to undertake on the trip.
Things to look for in the Long Term Travel Insurance Policy:
Since the period of the trip you are planning for is long, the risks are also more. Hence, you need to be extremely careful while choosing your policy. You should try and anticipate all the possible incidents that you may encounter while on the trip and check if all or most of them are covered by the insurance policy.
Firstly, check for the countries for which the policy offers coverage so that the country you are visiting is not excluded from it. There are certain long-term travel insurance plans that offer cover for only some specific countries.
Secondly, you should consider the activities that you plan to take part in the extended trip and check how much coverage you are getting for them. You may not get all your plans covered as they keep on changing, especially when the trip is long. However you can make your insurer aware of your general plans and check if you are getting adequate coverage for them. The range of coverage will vary from one insurer to another if you are planning to indulge in high-risk activities like adventure sports. Hence, you should try to find the most useful one among them.
A standard long term travel insurance policy will provide coverage for the basic necessities like medical and hospitalization charges, loss of baggage, flight or trip cancellation and so on, which you must look for while buying a policy.
Standard long-Term Insurance Coverages:
- Medical treatment and hospital costs could be covered if you injure yourself or fall ill abroad
- Emergency transport and your journey home could be covered should you injure yourself during your travels
- Cancellations cover could protect you should you cancel or cut your trip short in an emergency
- Your important travel documents, cash and personal belongings could be covered if you accidentally lose them.
How do Long-Term Travel Insurance Online Protects your Trip?
Would I add Long-term travel insurance to my purchase list? This is a kind of pest question you ask yourself when you are all set for your journey. Long-term travel insurance is not a lavish expense, conversely it is salvages your monetary expenditure by covering all most all the unforeseen damages or losses.
Your perfectly planned and organized tour can be ruined with a single uninvited and unpleasant event. Additionally, these uncontrolled events take a toll on your mental health as well as rises pressure on your budget. But buying long-term travel insurance limit your damages. Figure out your necessity and call our 24x7 certified insurance technicians on 1800-123-4003 for buying a best and suited travel insurance India policy.
Travel insurance India online not only for short vacations but also insures your long journeys and even assists you during your abroad education. A travel insurance India policy plan generally comes in packages with different coverage options that cover your stay in abroad. These coverages include:
- Medical: If your regular health insurance doesn’t provide any overseas health cover, you are advised to choose a small medical cover for emergencies. Travel insurance online saves you from getting evacuated in a foreign land due to your illness. But before buying travel insurance online health coverage, give a deep reading throughout the policy wordings and check whether or not the coverage can be applicable in any of the hospital. Now, find a plan that offers health coverage in any of the hospitals in your destination.
- Emergency Evacuation: Travel insurance India issues this coverage within travel insurance online policy as to cover the damages caused during your expedition in distant and isolated lands.
- Travel Protection: Travel protection coverage in travel insurance online policy offers coverage on prepaid air tickets or delayed flights and also for missing connecting flights.
- Baggage Protection: Travel insurance India under their travel insurance online policy offer coverage on your baggage. If you had lost your luggage or arrival of your luggage has been delayed the insurer will cover your loss. This protection with overseas travel insurance is a dual bonus as you gain the same coverage from the airlines you travel with some limitations.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: This coverage covers any accidental deaths or any serious physical damages caused in a foreign land. Before buying Travel insurance online with this coverage check your destination is open for this type of protection.
What should a Long Term Travel Insurance Plan Include?
Firstly, make sure that the policy gives high health coverage. Medical bills in a foreign land can be really expensive and so you must make sure that your travel insurance policy can cover the high hospital bills.
Secondly, you must also check that the travel insurance policy is providing coverage for emergency evacuation and care, which is excluded from medical coverage. In case you confront a natural disaster on the course of your trip or get injured while on an adventure tool, your policy must be able to cover the cost of evacuation and your transportation to a place where you can be treated.
Every good Travel insurance policy should possess the following features:
- It must cover the medical expenses for as many countries as possible.
- Should provide coverage for your electronics as these are expensive items.
- Must be covering sudden injury and illness while on a trip.
- They should have 24x7 emergency support and services.
- Provide coverage for lost possessions like jewelry, baggage, etc.
- Cover cancellations such as hotel bookings, flight, and other transportation bookings if you have a sudden illness, death in the family, or some other emergency.
- Your travel insurance plan should provide personal accident coverage and any legal incidents.