Star Health Insurance Renewal Process
There are certain things that are to be considered at the time of renewing the Star health insurance policy which is mentioned below
Sum insured is the maximum liability of the insurance company in case of hospitalization for the given policy period. The sum insured should be selected Star fully at the time of purchasing the health insurance policy as the sum insured may dry up if opted inadequately and if opted higher sum insured, you may end up paying more premiums. It is to be noted that the sum insured can only be changed at the time of renewal and no change for sum insured during midterm would be entertained by the insurance company. To provide adequate health insurance coverage to self and family it is important to decide on the coverage amount at the time of purchasing the health insurance policy. Higher the sum insured, higher would be the premium and vice versa.
Features of the plan:
There are more than 15 health insurance plans available from the Star health insurance company which suit the requirements of a different set of people. The plans are designed keeping in mind the requirements of customers which change from time to time. For instance, there are health insurance plans for customers with diabetes, cancer and other pre existing diseases. Only a few insurance companies provide health insurance coverage to customers with these pre existing conditions. The features of the plan should be understood Star fully by the insured customer before renewing the plan and try to analyse if the existing health insurance plan from star health insurance company is satisfying the needs of the customer.
Almost all the health insurance plans from Star Health Insurance Company have a co-payment condition which would be applicable at the time of claim. At least 20% of the bill amount has to be borne by the insured customer at the time of claim. But most of the health insurance plans apply this conditions to insured customer whose entry age is more than or equal to 61 years. Hence it is important to verify the co-payment condition in the existing health insurance plan and decide on the continuity of the plan.
Check for changes in the plan:
There might be some changes in the existing health insurance plan which would have been made by the insurance company and intimated to the policyholder well within advance. These changes would sometimes be effective from the next renewal while some changes would be effective immediately. The changes mostly include discontinuation of product, change in premium, additional coverage. It is important for the policyholders to check the product details at the time of renewal and read all the policy related terms and conditions Star fully before proceeding to the payment section.
Cumulative bonus or Renewal bonus or No claim bonus is the extra sum insured provided to the policyholders at the time of renewal. This bonus needs to be checked by the customer whether the same is reflecting in the policy copy or not. Normally the insurance companies would offer the bonus for each claim free year in the form of increased sum insured to the customer in their health insurance policy. In order to avail the cumulative bonus the policy must be renewed within 30 days of the due date for renewal.
Check for Network hospitals:
Network hospitals provide cashless claim settlement facility to the customers of Star Health Insurance Company. It is important to check the list of network hospitals in and around your area before renewing the health insurance policy. There would be many hospitals which get added each year to the list of network hospitals and few hospitals might be deleted from the list due to certain unavoidable conditions.
Grace period is the time given by the insurance company to the customers who were unable to renew the health insurance policy within the given policy expiry date. The grace period would be 30 days from the policy expiry date and the payment has to be done within the grace period for the customer to enjoy the accumulated benefits under the policy. If the policy renewal is not done within the grace period, the health insurance policy will be lapsed and thereby forcing the customer to purchase a new policy and satisfy all the waiting period before making any claim. Star Health Insurance Company renewal can be made using the online link or dial on our toll free number 1800-123-4003 to get assistance from our health insurance agents.
Star Health Insurance renewal can be done from the customer portal by entering the policy details as well as the Date of Birth details.
Exclusions in Star Health Insurance
There are certain exclusions that are not covered in the Star Health Insurance plans and these are mentioned below.
Most of these exclusions can be seen in all the health insurance plans of Star Health Insurance Company.
- Obesity and weight control treatments are not covered
- Gender change treatments including surgical management, to change characteristics of the body to those of opposite sex.
- Expenses for Cosmetic or plastic surgery or any treatment to change the appearance unless for reconstruction following accidents or burns or cancer or as part of medically necessary treatment to remove a direct and immediate health risk to the insured.
- Expenses related to any treatment necessitated due to participation as a professional in hazardous or adventure sports, including but not limited to Para-jumping, rock climbing, mountaineering, rafting, motor racing, horse racing or scuba diving, hand gliding, sky diving, deep sea-diving.
- Claims resulting from Breach of law
- Treatment for Alcoholism, drug or substance abuse or any addictive condition thereof
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without prescription including but not limited to Vitamins, minerals and organic substances unless prescribed by a medical practitioner s part of hospitalization expense.
- Refractive Error less than 7.5d
- Expenses incurred towards Sterility and Infertility
- Congenital external conditions
- Intentional self injury etc
- War, nuclear, chemical or biological attack or weapon
- Expenses incurred on Investigation & Evaluation primarily for diagnosis. Any diagnostic expenses which are not related or not incidental to the current diagnosis and treatment are excluded.
- Rest Cure, Rehabilitation and respite care: Expenses related to any admission primarily for enforced bed rest and not for receiving treatment which also includes custodial care either at home or in a nursing facility for personal care such as help with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, moving and any services for people who are terminally ill to address physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Expenses for treatments arising directly from or consequent upon any insured person committing a breach of law with criminal intent
- Expenses incurred towards treatment in any hospital or by any medical practitioner or any other service provider specifically excluded by the insurer and disclosed in its website and notified to the policyholders are not admissible.
- Medical or surgical treatment of Endocrine disorders
- Cost of spectacles and contact lens, hearing aids, cochlear implants and procedure related hospitalization expenses, walkers and crutches, wheel chairs etc.