Life Insurance is an important investment, which can save you from financial trouble in the future. Insurance is a way of safeguarding your family's future, especially if you are the sole breadwinner. While purchasing a life insurance policy if you add a cover that is Accidental total and permanent disability rider providing additional financial protection for you and your family in the event of your untimely accidental total and permanent disability.
What is Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider?
Accidental Total and permanent disability is an add-on cover in life insurance that provides a sum assured by the insurance company to the policyholder in case of accidental total and permanent disability. The sum assured to the provided under this additional rider would be separate from that of the base death benefit sum assured. The choice to receive the amount in the form of a lump sum or monthly installments is up to the policyholder.
For instance, if the base sum assured under the policy is Rs.50 Lacs and the accidental total and permanent disability rider sum assured is Rs.50 Lacs, in case of accidental disability of the policyholder he/she would get a total of up to Rs.1 Crore which includes the base sum assured as well as the rider sum assured. To avail of this rider, the policyholder has to pay a certain amount of premium to the insurance company.
Why Buy Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider?
Accidental Total and Permanent Disability riders cover the loss of income if a person is disabled. They can be purchased as an addition to an existing policy or as a standalone policy. Some of the main reasons to buy Accidental Total and Permanent Disability riders are
- It covers the loss of income if you become disabled and unable to work.
- It can be purchased as an addition to your existing policy or as a standalone policy.
- It reduces the risk of outliving your savings because it provides coverage for income replacement in case you become disabled before reaching financial independence.
Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider Eligibility Criteria:
||Minimum 18 years to 65 years
||Minimum 5 years to 60 Years
|Premium Payment Term
||Minimum 1 Lakh to No limit
|Premium Payment Frequency
||Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly, Yearly
Types of Disabilities Covered under Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider
1. Permanent Partial Disability:
Permanent partial disability is an injury that leaves a person with a permanent impairment. It is a type of disability that can result from disease, trauma, or industrial accident. Permanent partial disability is an injury that results in the loss of either physical or mental function as well as in some cases, both.
2. Permanent Total Displacement:
Permanent Total disability is a condition in which the individual is unable to function independently and needs help with all their daily activities. Permanent Total disability can be caused by a variety of conditions, including:
* Brain injury or stroke
* Spinal cord injury
* Stroke of the heart
* Progressive neurological diseases
* Congenital disorders
* Infectious diseases such as polio, measles, and mumps
* Chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, or AIDS
3. Temporary Total Disability:
Temporary Total disability is when someone is unable to work for a period of time, usually due to an accident or illness.
Benefits of Accidental Disability Rider
The accidental total and permanent disability rider is a rider that is often added to a life insurance policy to protect you and your loved ones from financial liabilities in case of an accident. There are so many benefits included to add coverage to a life insurance policy. Some of the main benefits of Accidental total and permanent disability rider are:
- Affordable Premiums: Accidental total and permanent disability riders provide coverage at a low price. The premiums for this rider are quite inexpensive. You can get extensive coverage at an affordable price.
- Extra Protection: Accidental Total and Permanent Disability rider provides an extra layer of financial protection to you and your family in difficult situations such as accidental total or permanent disability caused during an accident. This rider can provide financial aid, which can help the life insured and his/her family members to maintain treatment costs for total and permanent disability caused by an accident.
- Tax Benefits: Premiums are paid towards a life insurance policy and riders qualify for accidental total and permanent disability tax exemptions. The life insured can avail of double tax benefits by purchasing the benefit rider for up to Rs. 1.5 Lacs under Section 80C and 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Multiple Payout Option: In the accidental total and permanent benefit rider, the rider benefit amount will be paid as a lump sum or regular installments as per financial requirements. The policyholder or nominee has the flexibility to choose the payout option according to their financial requirements.
- Income Replacement: Accidental total and permanent disability riders help you to save money when you get injured in an accident. You will receive a lump sum amount to make up for your income loss and live a peaceful life away from financial hardships. If you do not have an accidental total and permanent disability rider, can result in a massive loss of savings.
How to Buy Life Insurance with Accidental Disability Rider at PolicyBachat?
The process of buying a life insurance policy along with the accidental disability benefit rider online has become simple with PolicyBachat. For buying a life insurance plan online please visit our website Following are steps to compare life insurance quotes online in our portal.
- Visit the Website PolicyBachat and select the ‘Life’ tab.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number.
- Click on the ‘View Plans’ button.
- Just Answer 5 Simple Questions.
- Select your ‘Gender’.
- Select ‘YES’ or ‘No’ if you have Smoked or Chewed Tobacco in the last 12 months.
- Select your ‘Annual Income’.
- Select your ‘Education Qualification’.
- Choose your ‘Occupation Type’.
- Enter your ‘Email Address.
- Then click on ‘Start Saving Money.
- Premium Quotes of top life insurance plans will be displayed as per data entered by you and which are suits your requirement.
- Then select the Additional Total and Permanent Disability Benefit add-on cover.
- Enter the sum assured amount as per your budget.
- Purchase the best life insurance policy using online payment.
Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider Premium Table
*Premiums given are for illustration purposes only* Please refer to the website for the exact premium.
Documents Required for Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider Claim
Following are the documents required for accidental total and permanent disability benefit rider life insurance claim process:
- Duly filled claim form
- Original policy documents
- Photo ID Proof
- Address Proof
- Bank Account Details
- FIR (copy or original)
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s Final Verdict
- Driver’s License of the life assured
Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider Exclusion
Exclusions under Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Benefit Rider are:
- Suicidal death
- Drug overdose
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Self-inflicted Injuries
- Participation in hazardous activities
- Participation in civil commotion, riots, war
- Disability after 180 days of the accident