Arogya Sanjeevani Policy Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd:
Star Health insurance offers a comprehensive range of health insurance plans to customers. Let us understand the features of each health insurance plan offered by Star Health insurance company in detail.
Key features and exclusions of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy- Star Health & Allied Insurance Plan
- Entry Age: 3 months – 65 years
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Renewal: Lifelong
- Sum Insured Basis: Individual & Floater
- Sum insured options: 50k to 10Lacs
- Instalment Facility: Premium can be paid Quarterly/ Half-yearly/ Biennial / annually/ Triennial.
- Pre- acceptance medical test: Required for applicants above 50 years of age
- Day Star procedure: All day Star procedures are covered
- Mid-term inclusion: Newly married/ wedded spouse & New Born baby allowed.
- Room, Boarding & Nursing expenses: Up to 2% of the S.I or Rs.5k per day
- ICU: Up to 5% of S.I or a maximum of Rs.10k per day
- Road Ambulance: Covered up to Rs.2k per hospitalization
- Pre-Hospitalization: 30 days prior to hospitalization
- Post hospitalization: 60 days after discharge from the hospital
- Cataract medical expenses: Up to 25% of S.I or Rs.40k whichever is lower per eye in a policy period.
- AYUSH Treatment: Up to Sum Insured as mentioned in the policy copy
- Star Health Wellness program: Available
- Cumulative Bonus: Will be increased 5% each claim-free policy year to a maximum of 50% of the sum insured in the current policy year
- Pre Existing waiting period: 48 months
- Specific Waiting period: 24/48 months
- Initial Waiting period: 30 days (other than accident)
- Co-payment: Each and every claim admissible under the policy will be subject to a co-payment of 5% subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Free Look period: 15 days from the date of renewal of the policy
- Obesity and weight control treatments are not covered
- Gender change treatments
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Engagement in Hazardous or Adventure sports
- Claims resulting from Breach of law
- Treatment for Alcoholism, drug or substance abuse, or any addictive condition thereof
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without prescription including but are not limited to Vitamins, minerals, and organic substances unless prescribed by a medical practitioner s part of hospitalization expense.
- Refractive Error less than 7.5d
- Expenses incurred towards Sterility and Infertility
- Congenital external conditions
- Intentional self-injury etc.
- Expenses incurred on Investigation & Evaluation primarily for diagnosis.
- Expenses for treatments arising directly from or consequent upon any insured person committing a breach of law with criminal intent
- Expenses incurred towards treatment in any hospital or by any medical practitioner or any other service provider specifically excluded by the insurer and disclosed on its website and notified to the policyholders are not admissible.
- Maternity Expenses
- War, nuclear, chemical or biological attack or weapon
Star Health Insurance Company
Star Health Insurance Company is the biggest stand-alone health insurance company in terms of GWP written for the year 202021. Star Health Insurance Company was incorporated in the year 2006 as India’s first standalone health insurance provider. Star Health Insurance Company is providing services in Health, Personal Accident and Overseas Travel insurance, etc. Star Health Insurance Company has designed products keeping in mind the requirements of the general public.
There are more than 15 health insurance plans available with Star Health and Allied insurance company which cater to different range of audiences such as Senior citizens, families, groups, etc. There are quite unique products with Star health insurance Companies such as Cancer Star, Heart attack Star, and Comprehensive health insurance products.
Most of the health insurance products are pre-underwritten i.e. premium is calculated and age-wise, sum insured wise chart is available. This makes it easy for the customers to decide on the required product, risk appetite to chose the premium, and the sum insured required or their health insurance policy.
Star Health Insurance Company has underwritten a gross written premium of Rs.6865 Cr during the FY 2019-20 and has built a promising path with an appreciable net worth of Rs.1889 Cr, as of March 2020. Currently, star health insurance has 13000 + employees and 640+ branches all over India and they have tied up with different agents, banks, and brokers to sell their health insurance policies.
Star Health Insurance company has even surpassed the general insurance companies in terms of Gross Written Premium for the year 2020-21 due to its aggressive campaign in the market. They have followed many innovative methods in increasing the reach of Star Health Insurance Company and even they have a presence in Tier 2 & 3 cities all over India.
It is not surprising if you find the medical shop owners and Kirana shop owners acting as Star Health insurance agents which increased the sales and reach of the brand as these people are the face of customers.
Features of Star Health Insurance
Star Health In-House Claim Settlement:
Star Health & Allied insurance company has no Third-party administrators to settle the claim. All the reimbursement and cashless claims are settled through the in house claim settlement team of Star insurance company. This is an advantage to the customer as the in-house claim settlement would be available round the clock.
The customer’s reimbursement claim would also be settled within a few days as there would be no involvement of a third party in the claim settlement process. The in house claim settlement process was proved to reduce the claim settlement time and has also improved customer satisfaction.
Faster & Hassle-free claim settlement:
The main purpose of taking a standard health insurance policy is to avail cashless/ reimbursement facility at the time of hospitalization and to reduce the chance of going bankrupt due to the hospitalization expenses which may involve in disposing of the assets such as Gold or other properties.
If the claim settlement is not faster and hassle-free the insured customer would suffer a lot and the use of insurance policy would be limited. Star Health Insurance Company provides faster claim settlement service to their customers, in case of cashless claim settlement 90% of the claims are settled within 2 hours, and in case of reimbursement claim settlement would be done within 7 days from the receipt of all the required documents.
All the claims settled by Star Health Insurance Company are hassle-free as the claim settlement process is made simpler and faster. The duly filled claim settlement form should be filled by the insured customer and submitted to the insurance company along with the discharge summary and other bills for the claim to be processed within the time limit mentioned in the policy document.
Star Health Insurance Company has tied up with more than 10, 000 hospitals and diagnostic centers to provide cashless claim settlement service to its customers. The cashless claim settlement facility can be availed by the customers in any of the network hospitals or tie-up hospitals pan India.
Most customers prefer to avail of cashless service at the time of hospitalization due to the comfort it offers to the customers. Almost 90% of the cashless claims are approved and settled within 2 hours of notifying the insurance company. All the major hospitals in India are tied up with Star Health and Allied insurance company.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured:
Automatic restoration of the sum insured is the restoration of the sum insured upon complete exhaustion during the policy period. The sum insured would be restored up to 3 times during the policy period without any extra premium to be paid. The sum insured restored under the policy can be used only for the new illness or a new family member for the same illness. It is to be noted that the restoration happens only after the complete exhaustion of the sum insured available in the policy.
Super Restoration of Sum Insured:
If the limit of coverage under this policy is exhausted during the policy period, an additional basic sum insured of 100% would be provided once, for the remaining policy period for subsequent hospitalization. Under the Super Restoration health plan, the sum insured would be restored up to 100% of the basic sum insured and the same can be utilized for the same ailment in subsequent hospitalization.
The difference between the Automatic restoration of the sum insured and Super restoration of the sum insured is that the reinstated sum insured can be used for the same illness in the latter while the former doesn’t have this option. Super restoration of the sum insured is like an additional sum insured given to the insured for treatment of existing or new illnesses.
The unutilized additional basic sum insured cannot be carried forward at the end of the policy period during the renewal. The super restoration of the sum insured is not available for modern treatments. The super restoration of the sum insured is done only once during the policy period.
Star Health Insurance Company provides customers with installment options for health insurance premiums. The health insurance premium can be paid in installments for long-term health insurance policy periods. Installment options help the customers to pay the health insurance premium more than once during the policy period. This way customers can save money by opting for higher coverage and paying later.
Buy Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health insurance policy from PolicyBachat we have the best health insurance companies work with us at Health Insurance. PolicyBachat is an IRDA certified registered office that has a dedicated team of agents assist to our customers. In Star health insurance there are so many plans you can choose family health optima insurance, corona rakshak star health insurance, etc.