This article explains why it is important to renew your two wheeler policy before it expires. The article starts with a brief introduction to what a two-wheeler is, the importance of an insurance policy, and how an accident can cost far more than you expect. It then proceeds to explain what would happen if your two-wheeler fails without an insurance cover and how expensive it would be for you to purchase another one. The article ends with the benefits of renewing your policy early and why this could be beneficial for you.
What is Two Wheeler Insurance in India?
Motorcycle insurance in India is not compulsory. It is advisable to get one of the two wheeler insurance policies to cover the risks of accidental damages. Motorcycle Insurance in India is not compulsory, but it is advisable to get a policy so that you are protected against third-party liability and accidental damages.
Why do you need Two Wheeler Insurance?
There are many reasons why you might need motorcycle insurance. It is an essential part of owning a bike and riding on the road. Different countries either require it by law or offer incentives that make it worth buying.
Since motorcycles are more vulnerable than cars, they require increased protection against damages and injuries. This includes coverage for theft, vandalism, fire, hail storm, and storm damage as well as compensation for accidents and injuries to third parties. You also need to be insured legally without first obtaining a driver's license if you want to ride the bike on the road.
The best 2 Wheeler insurance is one that suits your needs and provides maximum coverage at reasonable rates.
What are the different types of Two Wheeler Insurance in India?
The Two Wheeler Insurance in India can be categorized into two types:
1) Motorcycle Insurance
2) Scooter Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance includes the following:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage for motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds.
- Fuel theft protection that pays you up to Rs.500 if your motorcycle or scooter is stolen or damaged due to fuel theft.
- Roadside assistance of up to Rs.1500 for motorcycles and scooters every year.
- Towing service for motorcycles and scooters of up to 50 km per trip every month.
- Commuter safety package of life insurance cover of Rs.10 lakh, medical expenses cover of Rs.5 lakh, accidental death cover.
Why is it Important to Renew your Two Wheelers Policy before it Expires?
Don't miss out on your Insurance Policy Renewal!
The Bike Insurance Policy covers you and your vehicle from several incidents like physical damages, accident cover, third-party liabilities, theft, etc.
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, makes it mandatory for all motorized vehicles to have at least third party insurance. While you might take all the necessary precautions, there is always a chance that you might get associated with any road accident. This can cause financial loss and personal injuries. Here is why you should be renewing your two-wheeler insurance on time:
1. Protection against Natural Disasters: Vehicle insurance provides coverage against natural disasters such as Fire, earthquakes, cyclones, landslides, floods, Storms, Self-ignition, and the like. Two-wheeler insurance helps mitigate the financial burden by bearing the cost of repairing the damages caused due to any of the above mentioned natural disasters.
2. Protection against Manmade Calamities: Bike insurance often includes cover for damage incurred due to manmade activities. These include things like theft, burglary, strike, war, or accidents. The two-wheeler insurance will cover the service cost or replacement charges whichever you may be incurred at that time.
3. Protection of Legal Interest: As said before, third-party insurance is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Third-party cover ensures that as the owner of the insured vehicle, you will be free from any third-party liability that may arise in case of an accident involving the insured two-wheeler. The renewal of two-wheeler insurance on time ensures that you do not have to bear expenses incurred for fixing damages of your two-wheeled vehicle, a third person, or third-party property.
4. Access to No Claim Bonus: Renewing your bike insurance on time ensures that you can avail of the No Claim Bonus you’ve accumulated throughout your policy tenure. By allowing your 2-wheeler insurance policy to lapse, you are losing out on this perk.
The most important thing you will get on renewing your two-wheeler insurance on time is peace of mind. By getting your vehicle covered under 2-wheeler insurance will give you a sense of security while riding it on the road. It will also help you avoid getting fined under traffic laws, as driving a vehicle without a valid insurance cover can lead to hefty fines.
How and Where to Renew and Pay for your Two Wheelers Insurance Online?
The online two wheeler insurance renewal process is easy and hassle-free. You just need to have your vehicle registration number or the renewal date, as well as details of the policy to proceed with the process.
Most insurers include a checklist for this process, which you can access by logging into PolicyBachat.com and following it step-by-step. The first step usually involves verifying your identity at the time of purchase or a later stage depending on your insurer’s policy. This is followed by providing a list of all vehicles covered under the policy and other relevant information such as an address, contact details, etc.
Once you follow these steps, an invoice will be generated for you which can be paid online through various modes like credit/debit cards, net banking, or via mobile wallets online easily.
Compare and Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online at PolicyBachat. We have top insurance companies on our site; you can compare them side by side and choose the best insurance policy which offers low premiums with the best benefits and coverages.