Buy Young Star Insurance Policy:
Key features and exclusions of Young Star Insurance Plan
- Entry Age: 18 years to 40 years
- Dependent Child: 91 days-25 years
- Exit Age: No
- Renewal: Lifelong renewal guaranteed
- Policy Type: Individual/ Floater
- Dependent Children Age: Up to 25 years
- Sum Insured: Rs.3 lacs to Rs.1 Crore
- Policy Term: 1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years
- Instalment Facility: Premium can be paid Quarterly/ Half-yearly/ Biennial / annually/ Triennial.
- Plan Options: Silver Plan & Gold plan
- Pre- acceptance medical test: Not required
- DayStar procedure: All day Star procedures are covered
- Mid-term inclusion: Newly married/ wedded spouse, new born baby & legally adopted child allowed.
- Room Rent: Private Single A/C Room
- Road Ambulance: Covered
- Pre-Hospitalization: 60 days
- Post hospitalization: 90 days
- Hospital Cash Benefit: Rs.1, 000 per day for up to 7 days per hospitalization and 14 days per policy period with 1 day deductible.
- Health Check up: Up to Rs.5000 once in a block of every claim free year
- Restoration Benefit: Up to 100% once during the policy period, the automatic restoration shall be immediately upon partial/full utilization of the limit of coverage
- Accidental Basic Sum insured for Road Traffic Accident (RTA): If the insured person meets with a Road traffic accident resulting in in-patient hospitalization, then the basic sum insured shall be increased by 25% subject to a maximum of Rs.10 Lacs subject to the terms and conditions mentioned under the policy.
- Star Health Wellness program: Available
- E-Medical opinion: Available, utilizing this facility would not amount to making a claim
- Cumulative Bonus: Cumulative bonus is calculated at 20% for each claim free year and up to 100% of the base policy sum insured.
- Maternity Expenses: Up to Rs.30k per delivery in Gold plan for a maximum of 2 deliveries during the life time under the policy.
- Pre Existing waiting period: 12 months
- Specific Waiting period: 12 months
- Initial Waiting period: 30 days except for accidents
- Maternity Waiting period: 36 months
- Special Feature: 10% discount on the premium applicable at renewal at the age of 40 years in case the insured person avails the policy before 36 years of age and has consciously renewed without any break.
- Moratorium Period: After completion of 8 continuous years under the policy no look back to be applied. After the completion of moratorium period no health insurance claim shall be contestable except for proven fraud and permanent exclusions specified in the policy contract.
- Obesity and weight control treatments are not covered
- Gender change treatments
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Engagement in Hazardous or Adventure sports
- Claims resulting from Breach of law
- Treatment for Alcoholism, drug or substance abuse or any addictive condition thereof
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without prescription including but not limited to Vitamins, minerals and organic substances unless prescribed by a medical practitioner s part of hospitalization expense.
- Refractive Error less than 7.5d
- Expenses incurred towards Sterility and Infertility
- Congenital external conditions
- Intentional self injury etc.
- War, nuclear, chemical or biological attack or weapon
- Expenses incurred on Investigation & Evaluation primarily for diagnosis.
- Expenses for treatments arising directly from or consequent upon any insured person committing a breach of law with criminal intent
- Expenses incurred towards treatment in any hospital or by any medical practitioner or any other service provider specifically excluded by the insurer and disclosed in its website and notified to the policyholders are not admissible.
- Medical or surgical treatment of Endocrine disorders
- Cost of spectacles and contact lens, hearing aids, cochlear implants and procedure related hospitalization expenses, walkers and crutches, wheel chairs etc.
Key Features of Star Health Insurance Company
Star Health insurance offers comprehensive health insurance plans which make the best choice for you and your family. Some of the exclusive features offered by Star health insurance company are
Star Wellness Program:
This program intends to promote, incentivize and reward the insured person’s healthy lifestyle through various wellness activities. The wellness activities are designed to help the insured person to earn wellness reward points which will be tracked and monitored by the insurance company. These wellness points can be utilized by the insured to claim discounts on the renewal premium. The following table shows the discount on premium available under the wellness program:
|Wellness points earned
||Discount on premium
Star Health In-House Claim Settlement:
Star Health & Allied insurance company has no Third-party administrators to settle the claim. All the reimbursement and cashless claims are settled through the in-house claim settlement team of Star insurance company. This is an advantage to the customer as the in-house claim settlement would be available round the clock.
The customer’s reimbursement claim would also be settled within a few days as there would be no involvement of a third party in the claim settlement process. The in-house claim settlement process was proved to reduce the claim settlement time and has also improved customer satisfaction.
Faster & Hassle-free claim settlement:
The main purpose of taking a health insurance policy is to avail cashless/ reimbursement facility at the time of hospitalization and to reduce the chance of going bankrupt due to the hospitalization expenses which may involve in disposing of the assets such as Gold or other properties. If the claim settlement is not faster and hassle-free the insured customer would suffer a lot and the use of insurance policy would be limited.
Star Health Insurance Company provides faster claim settlement service to their customers, in case of cashless claim settlement 90% of the claims are settled within 2 hours, and in case of reimbursement claim settlement would be done within 7 days from the receipt of all the required documents.
All the claims settled by Star Health Insurance Company are hassle-free as the claim settlement process is made simpler and faster. The duly filled claim settlement form should be filled by the insured customer and submitted to the insurance company along with the discharge summary and other bills for the claim to be processed within the time limit mentioned in the policy document.
Star Health Insurance Company has tied up with more than 10, 000 hospitals and diagnostic centers to provide cashless claim settlement service to its customers. The cashless claim settlement facility can be availed by the customers in any of the network hospitals or tie-up hospitals pan India.
Most customers prefer to avail of cashless service at the time of hospitalization due to the comfort it offers to the customers. Almost 90% of the cashless claims are approved and settled within 2 hours of notifying the insurance company. All the major hospitals in India are tied up with Star Health and Allied insurance company you can compare and buy this insurance policy with IRDA certificate registered office PolicyBachat.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured:
Automatic restoration of the sum insured is the restoration of the sum insured upon complete exhaustion during the policy period. The sum insured would be restored up to 3 times during the policy period without any extra premium to be paid. The sum insured restored under the policy can be used only for the new illness or a new family member for the same illness. It is to be noted that the restoration happens only after the complete exhaustion of the sum insured available in the policy.
Super Restoration of Sum Insured:
If the limit of coverage under this policy is exhausted during the policy period, an additional basic sum insured of 100% would be provided once, for the remaining policy period for subsequent hospitalization. Under the Super Restoration plan, the sum insured would be restored up to 100% of the basic sum insured and the same can be utilized for the same ailment in subsequent hospitalization.
The difference between the Automatic restoration of the sum insured and Super restoration of the sum insured is that the reinstated sum insured can be used for the same illness in the latter while the former doesn’t have this option. Super restoration of the sum insured is like an additional sum insured given to the insured for treatment of existing or new illnesses.
The unutilized additional basic sum insured cannot be carried forward at the end of the policy period during the renewal. The super restoration of the sum insured is not available for modern treatments. The super restoration of the sum insured is done only once during the policy period.
Star Health Insurance Company provides customers with installment options for the health insurance premiums. The health insurance premium can be paid in installments for long-term health insurance policy periods. Installment options help the customers to pay the health insurance premium more than once during the policy period. This way customers can save money by opting for higher coverage and paying later.
No pre-acceptance medical screening:
Most of the health insurance plans in Star Health Insurance Company do not require pre-acceptance medical screening for the policy issuance. The pre-acceptance medical screening would be required only in few cases such as Higher sum insured selection, adverse health conditions declared in the proposal form, etc. The pre-acceptance medical screening would be done at the company network diagnostic centers where the cost of screening would be borne by the Star health insurance company.