Buying Insurance Policy For Classic Car In India
If you're a proud owner of a vintage, antique, or collectible car, you need classic car insurance to protect your beloved investment. But classic cars deserve unique insurance coverage. With the PolicyBachat, you can get customizable car insurance coverage that is designed just for classic or collector vehicles.
A classic car is a vehicle that has been in production for at least 20 years and has undergone several significant changes during its lifetime. Classic cars are not just a status symbol - they are an investment. They have become collector’s items and can be appreciated for their design, engineering, history, and rarity. The main reason why classic cars have increased in popularity is that they are not as expensive to maintain as other vehicles.
Classic cars are often more valuable than new cars and have higher rates for insurance. This is because they are more expensive to repair, and they also tend to be more dangerous. This article will help you decide which classic car insurance provider is best for your needs and what type of coverage you need. It also covers what types of coverage are most important, how to find the best policy, and more. It will help drivers find the best policy that fits their needs and budget.
Why Classic Cars are Procession?
It's no secret that cars depreciate a lot quicker these days. That being said, if you're serious about owning some classic beauties like we are here at Rough & Fabulous, be prepared to find them on the market for a much higher price than what they would cost today.
But these prized possessions are high-maintenance too. They regularly require expensive restoration and tune-ups so that they continue to look and function as desired. This makes car insurance necessary for every proud owner of these classic beauties.
What Is Considered a Classic Car for Insurance Purposes?
While specifics vary between insurance companies, classic cars typically must be:
- Antique and classic cars, usually at least 25 to 30 years old
- Hot rods and modified vehicles
- Exotic and luxury autos
- Muscle cars
- Classic trucks.
What is Classic Car Insurance and How Does it Work?
Classic Car Insurance is a separate category of motor insurance, which is available to old/vintage/classic cars. The cars certified by VCCCI (Vintage and Classic Car Club of India) are eligible for Classic Auto Insurance Plan. If you have a vintage car, which is in good condition and certified by VCCI, you can purchase the Classic/Vintage Car Insurance Policy.
Classic Car Insurance works similar to a new car insurance policy. You can purchase a Third-Party or a Comprehensive Insurance Policy for your classic car. Buying a Third-Party Insurance Policy is compulsory while the Comprehensive Policy is optional. The fundamentals of the Classic Auto Insurance is similar to any other new car insurance plan.
A Comprehensive Classic Auto Insurance provides coverage against damages to your classic car. On the other hand, the Third-Party Insurance Plan for classic cars provides only the mandatory coverage against damage to third-party property or life. Comprehensive Insurance Plan costs more than a Third-Party Policy, but it covers the expenses incurred due to vehicle repair works or replacement of parts.
What are Classic, Antique, and Vintage Cars?
The cars are differentiated based on their manufacturing year. The Vintage and Classic Cars Club of India has defined the guidelines for this differentiation.
- Classic Cars: - The cars that are 20-40 years old are considered to be classics. Note that the vehicle should be as close to its original specifications and design to be regarded as an antique.
- Antique Cars: - Cars that are more than 45 years old are considered to be antique cars. Just like classics, antique vehicles should also be as original as possible.
- Vintage Cars: - Cars manufactured between 1919 and 1930 are known as vintage cars. A vintage car will be considered a vintage even if it is modified.
||1940 – 1970
- Sports cars,
- muscle cars, etc.
||More than 45 years old
- old farm tractor, etc.
||1919 - 1925
- Old customized cars,
- street rods,
- Exotic cars.
What Are the Most Common Types of Insurance Policies Available to Classic Cars?
Classic car insurance is a type of antique car insurance that is available for cars certified as a classic by the VCCCI (Vintage and Classic Cars Club in India). Just like you buy third party car policy for standard cars, you can purchase third-party or comprehensive insurance for classic cars too. While third-party insurance is mandatory, comprehensive coverage is optional.
Comprehensive classic car insurance plans are generally known to be expensive but are highly recommended for classic cars that are still driven. They offer financial assistance to repair your vehicle or replace the parts in case if it suffers damage in an accident. However, the coverage will only be up to the maximum coverage of the policy.
Insurance is a necessary part of owning a car. There are many different types of policies that you can buy to protect your car, ranging from comprehensive to collision. There are three main types of insurance policies that cover classic cars:
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by collisions with other objects like trees or buildings.
- Collision: Collision coverage protects the car in case it is involved in an accident with another vehicle or an object on the road.
- Theft: Theft coverage will cover the cost of any stolen items on your car as well as any damage caused by vandalism.
How is the Premium for Classic Car Insurance Calculated?
When you buy car insurance online, your car insurance policy might be heavily dependent on factors like your driving history, the age and make of your car, and the accident frequency in which you have been involved. Some things that can influence how much it costs to insure a car are its market value, your credit score, and any previous violations you've received.
- Car Age: Car age is important because this may impact what you have access to and how much you are able to afford. You will be required to submit age proof of your vehicle and also get it verified by the vintage and classic cars.
- Cost of Repairs: Cars require maintenance so the insurance company will focus on costs for calculating premiums for your policy.
- Cost of Spare Parts: The cost of the spare parts of your old car can impact your insurance premium. Even brands that are widely known to keep their costs down sometimes raise the price.
- Current Value of Car: The value of a classic car isn't fixed and it's up to the owner and their insurer to negotiate in order to determine what the final price will be.
How to Buy Car Insurance for Classic Cars Online?
The process of buying classic car insurance online can be quite easy with PolicyBachat. It is essential to compare the prices offered by different companies and make sure you pick the one that suits your budget.
It can be purchased online from PolicyBachat portal in two easy steps. In first step you need to enter the details of your car such as Make, Model, Date of registration, RTO location and click on submit to proceed to the next page.
At PolicyBachat we cater unbiased comparison of quotes, 24*7 customer assistance team your motive is to give our customers right quotes with compare car insurance rates online.
- Go to compare car insurance quotes online at PolicyBachat.com
- Fill in required details select your Car Model & Variant, RTO Location, Registration date, and Email address.
- Click on the “START SAVING MONEY”.
- Choose between a Third-Party Liability Only and a Standard Package (Comprehensive Insurance).
- Premiums with different insurance companies are displayed with low premiums
- Select required Add-ons/Riders and discounts, or you can Edit Policy Details as per your requirement
- After that fill in the ‘vehicle owner details and personal details’.
- Purchase best Car Insurance Policy using online payment
- If any queries are raised call: 1800–123–4003.
What types of Cars are covered under Classic Car Insurance?
Classic car insurance can cover a wide range of vehicles, depending on the insurance company. Here are some types of vehicles that might be eligible for classic car insurance:
- Classic cars from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s
- Classic military vehicles
- Classic tractors and SUVs
- Kit cars and replicas
- Military vehicles
- Modified vehicles, like hot rods, tuners and lowriders
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Muscle cars
- Race cars
- Restorations in process
- Retired commercial vehicles, like fire trucks
- 1980 and newer collector vehicles.
In conclusion, if you are in the market for a new car insurance provider for your classic car. They offer affordable rates and excellent customer service. It is important to have a clear understanding of what you are getting for your money, especially when it comes to insurance. So, what is the best way to compare car insurance quotes?
The first step is to write down the type of coverage you need. The major types are bodily injury liability, property damage liability, and collision insurance. It is also important to note that some insurers offer discounts and benefits. After getting a clear understanding of your needs and comparing rates with different companies, you can start shopping around for the best deal!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is classic car insurance different than regular car insurance?
Classic car insurance is different from regular car insurance in a few ways. It typically offers higher premiums and fewer discounts than the latter. For example, if you have a classic car that is worth Rs.5, 000, then you will pay Rs.2,000 for the annual premium for the classic car insurance policy.
Many types of insurance policies can help provide compensation should something unfortunate happen to your vehicle. The traditional type has been great in the past, but now there are newer, more modern methods of getting back on the road. But they're not always the best at sorting out some of the unique issues that come into play with car insurance coverage. For example, when parts are literally impossible to find or the vehicle represents a substantial financial investment.
- Lower premiums
- Guaranteed Value
- Flexible usage.
What does a classic car insurance policy cover?
Here's what's usually covered by a standard classic car policy:
- Physical damage to your classic car
- Damages/injuries you cause to others
- Roadside assistance
- Other optional coverages
How old does a car have to be to qualify for a classic car insurance policy?
A car is usually considered an antique if it's 25 or older model years. Such cars are eligible for collector car insurance. But, other types of vehicles may qualify for a collector car insurance policy. If you have a unique, rare, or limited production vehicle or maybe a modified vehicle we can help you find the right coverage.
Does classic car insurance provide coverage in the event of a theft?
A classic car insurance policy would provide coverage for a theft under comprehensive coverage. You should make sure you are familiar with and following all the terms and conditions of the policy contract. All claims are subject to investigation.
Can You Get Full Coverage on a Classic Car?
In most cases, classic car insurance policies will require you to carry full coverage due to the nature of the vehicles. Because classic cars hold such high value and repairs can be much more costly, it's actually in your best interest to carry full coverage that includes collision and comprehensive as well as your state's minimum requirements of liability insurance.
How do I find the best classic car insurance?
To find the best classic car insurance for you, consider the kind of classic car you have, the coverage you need and ways to save. A vintage Fiat you're restoring from your garage might need higher spare parts coverage. A rare Porsche you drive to local car shows every week might benefit from higher annual mileage limits and inflation guard. Some common features to look for include:
- Flexible deductible
- Inflation guard
- Spare parts coverage.