Liberty Car Insurance Online
Liberty General Insurance is a joint venture between Liberty City stale holdings PTE Ltd and Industries Limited. With more than 4300+ network garages, the company has a claim settlement ratio of 91% for FY 2018-19. The insurer specializes in providing comprehensive industrial, commercial and retail insurance solutions.
The company has a vast portfolio of insurance products and has affirmed itself in around 20 cities in India. These include third-party car insurance policies, standalone own-damage car insurance policies, and comprehensive car insurance policies. These car insurance policies can be purchased for both new and old car owners.
The Liberty car insurance segment consists of a third-party liability cover and a comprehensive plan. The third party is a basic insurance plan while a comprehensive plan is for overall protection. The insurance company makes both these plans available at quite reasonable rates.
These insurance plans are designed to cover the financial liabilities of policyholders which they hold towards a third party due to an accident with their insured car and compensate the damages and losses which your car might sustain after a collision or a mishap like accident, theft, fire, man-made disaster, natural calamity and so on.
Why Buy Liberty Car Insurance?
Accidents can happen at any point in time and so does the natural calamities. No one can predict either of these but can certainly protect their vehicles from the uncertainties and related loss or damage by availing the best car insurance plans.
A good Liberty car insurance plan can shield or guard the vehicles and the insured not only from accidents and natural calamities but also from the risks arising out of third party damages and loss. Moreover, it’s mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act to have a car insurance plan. Hence, Liberty Car Insurance Co. Ltd. provides wide-ranging car insurance plans and benefits which shield vehicles from any risks.
- Easy Policy Renewal: You can renew an existing policy from any insurance provider and bring it to Liberty General Insurance for better services. This includes your current no-claim bonus.
- Additional Protection Availability: Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Hassle-free Claims: Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Customer Services: Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- No Claim Bonus is up to 50% discount
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Cashless claim settlement in over 4,300+ cashless garages
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
- Third-party damage cover for third party property/vehicle, cover for injury caused in an accident.
- The plan includes compulsory personal accident cover of INR. 15 lakhs for the individual owner of the car. It does not apply to company-owned vehicles. Personal accident cover for the occupants has been limited to INR 2 lakhs per individual. You can also increase your Accident coverage by paying an additional premium.
- Damage to the vehicle due to natural calamities like storms, floods, etc., or any burglary, theft, or act of terrorism.
- Accidental damages while driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- Accidental damages during war or similar conditions
- Any claims against an incident when your insurance policy was not active.
- Cost of repair/replacement of parts that are damaged due to regular wear and tear and not related to any incident like accident, theft, fire, flood, etc.
- Any claims against an incident where you were driving without a valid driving license.
- Any claims related to personal items stolen from your car.
Types of Liberty Car Insurance Policy Online:
When buying an insurance policy for your car, you need to take into account several factors and most importantly your needs and requirements. There are many policies available today, and thus, choosing the right one can be a tough decision. A wrong decision can lead to many problems later on, and thus, being careful is essential.
Liberty General Private Car Insurance Policy can be customized as per your requirement to get insurance for your private vehicle. Before you plan of buying car insurance understand your coverage. Ensure to cover your car adequately. It is not advisable to be covered insufficiently.
- Liability-only Policy
- Third-party Insurance
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Standalone Own Damage Policy
- Personal Accident Cover.
1.) Liberty Car Insurance Liability Only Policy:
Having this car insurance policy is a statutory requirement in India. Any damage or theft to your vehicle by a third party gets covered.
2.) Liberty Third- Party liability Car Insurance:
This includes damages or losses sustained by a person caused by the insured. It could be in terms of loss of life, bodily injury, or property damage.
- Covers bodily injury and/or death of the third party
- Property damage to the third party.
3.) Liberty Stand-Alone Own Damage (SOD) Car Insurance Policy:
An SOD or OD insurance cover will cover any damage to your vehicle not because of a third-party. For example, when your car is parked, and a tree branch falls on it.
- Accidents (on-road or while the car is being transported to a different location)
- Fire or natural calamities
- War and related activities
- Intentional damage by another party.
4.) Liberty Comprehensive Coverage Car Insurance Policy:
At Liberty car insurance, you can get this as a package. “Liability Only Policy + OD or Own Damage Cover”. The cover extends to the owner's vehicle.
- Third- party coverage
- Loss and damage to the vehicle due to accident, theft, natural calamities, etc.
- Personal accident cover for the occupants
5.) Liberty Personal Accident Cover Car Insurance Policy:
- Liberty General Car Insurance will pay a sum insured of Rs. 2 lakh to the owner-driver of the insured vehicle in case of permanent total disability or the beneficiary in case of accidental death
- An accident can leave you impaired to earn your as well as your family’s earning. Additionally, rising costs of medicines can rip off your entire hard-earned savings. In such traumatic and unforeseen situations, having personal accident insurance would act as an income replacement.
Liberty Car Insurance Add-on Covers:
You can build up your Liberty car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the Liberty car insurance policy is mentioned below. You also get to choose add-on covers of your choice with your Car Insurance policy and with our 24x7 toll-free customer service.
The car insurance package includes personal accident cover, third party cover, depreciation cover, consumables cover, passenger assistance cover, roadside assistance cover, key loss cover, engine safe cover, accidental cover along renewal discounts.
GAP Value Coverage: Under this cover, you can claim the difference between what you receive under the 'Own Damage Section' and the price on your purchase invoice. It also covers road tax and first-time registration charges if you specifically declare them and pay an additional premium. Liberty General's maximum liability is limited to the sum insured mentioned in the policy schedule.
Depreciation: Claims made concerning replaced parts will be met in full i.e. depreciation will not be deducted. Under this cover, you can claim the depreciation amount deducted on the value of parts. These are parts you may have replaced as a result of an admissible claim under the Own Damage Section of your policy.
Consumables Expenses: The cost of consumables is not covered in an insurance policy. Consumables like nuts, bolts, screws, washers, grease, lubricants clip, AC gas oil, bearings, distilled water, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, brake oil, etc.
Roadside Assistance: A car breakdown is not completely inevitable. In case of small or big breakdown or situation like flat tires, running out of fuel, towing the vehicle, emergency fuel requirement, etc. Liberty General Car Insurance offers 24*7 roadside assistance services.
Key & Lock Protection: Loss or damage to the keys or lock of your car arising out of an insured event, you will be compensated for the cost incurred in fitting or purchasing new lock or keys or replacement of keys of your insured car. Generally, in case of theft or robbery attempt of your car, burglars use duplicate keys to make unauthorized entry into your vehicle which would damage the lockset of your car door. The cost of purchase or replacement of your car keys would be covered under the Keys &Locks replacement add-on on payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
Passenger Cover: The Passenger Cover protects the passengers traveling in the car financially against death or disability due to an accident. This cover ranges from as low as Rs.10, 000 and can go higher depending on the insurance company. Therefore, the payout differs as per the nature and intensity of the injury.
Engine Protection Cover:If you stay in a flood-prone area, this add-on helps you file a claim for repairing or replacing the engine without incurring an extra cost. The comprehensive four wheeler insurance policy does not cover your engine’s protection. This add-on is not effective for old car engines that have undergone extensive wear and tear.
How to Renew/Buy Liberty Car Insurance Policy Online?
It is important to renew the liberty car insurance policy before its expiry to continue to enjoy the policy cover for your vehicle. Renewing your car insurance policy with Liberty General Insurance is a very easy and quick process. Liberty General Insurance offers a zero documentation renewal process which allows you to get your policy renewed instantly.
You can get any car insurance policy renewed with Liberty General Insurance, be it a one originally issued by Liberty or any other insurer. Liberty General Insurance has formulated a simple three-step process for the renewal of car insurance policy which has been elaborated below:
- Visit the company’s official website and hover the pointer on the ‘Car Insurance’ menu and click on the ‘Renew Now’ or ‘Buy Now’ tab.
- Enter your Liberty General Insurance Policy Number and Registration Number/Engine Number/Chassis Number and click 'Next'. The policy details will be displayed on the next page.
- Confirm the policy details and do the required changes to proceed with payment. The payment of the renewal fee can be made using a debit/credit card.
Buy/Renew Liberty Car Insurance Policy with PolicyBachat:
At PolicyBachat.com renew Liberty's car insurance policy online is easy and quickly sitting at home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your policy within 5 minutes.
- Go to 'Car Insurance Online' to compare quotes above this article. Fill in the registration number of your car and required details and tap on 'Start Save Money.
- On the quotes section, choose an insurer for a new car insurance policy, or for renewing select the one to suit your needs, go with the current provider or switch to the new one to get more benefits and coverage.
- Make the payment and you will receive the confirmation at your email address. If need assistance call: 1800-123-4003.
How to Claim Liberty Car Insurance Policy Online?
An insurance claim is an official request made by the policyholder to the insurance company for compensating for the loss/damage involving his/her insured car. The amount of claim that the policyholder is entitled to entirely depends on the type of policy purchased. Liberty General Insurance allows its policyholders to make instant claims and provides quick and convenient claim settlements.
Step 1: You would need to register a claim as soon as possible following the accident/theft of your car. You can do this online by visiting our website or over the phone by dialing our toll-free number (1800-266-5844) or Sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, post which you will be connected to our customer care executive who will guide you through the entire Car Insurance claim process. So keep the following information close while registering a claim:
Documents Required For Own Damage Claim:
- Engine and Chassis Number
- Accident date and time
- Description and location of the accident
- Car inspection address
- Police complain, in case of theft
- The policy copy is the proof of insurance.
- Copy of registration certificate, tax receipt
- Copy of motor driving License of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Police Pachanama / FIR ( In case of third party property damage/death/body injury)
- Repair bills, invoices, and payment receipts after the job is complete.
- NEFT details of insured along with canceled cheque/bank passbook.
Step 2: In case of theft of your car, you would need to file a police complaint as soon as possible, so that when you are registering a claim with us you can produce the same, along with the other documents. In case your stolen car is untraced by the police, they will issue a Final Report confirming no recovery of the vehicle.
Documents Required for Theft Claims:
Third Party Claims:
- Original policy document.
- Original registration book/certificate and tax payment receipt.
- All original sets of keys/service booklet/warranty card.
- Purchase invoice.
- Police Panchnama / FIR.
- Police final investigation report/non-traceable report.
- Acknowledged copy of the letter addressed to RTO intimating theft
- Letter of subrogation.
- Letter of indemnity.
- Consent from you and your financier towards agreed value on claim settlement.
- NOC from the financier needs to be submitted if the claim is to be settled in your favor.
- Immediately contact Liberty General on their toll-free number or by visiting their nearest branch office. You may also write an intimation letter to Liberty General’s registered office via post or courier
- Lodge a claim by filling in the duly signed Claim Form by the insured
- Copy of Driving License, RC book, Policy document along with the original documents needs to be submitted
- FIR report also needs to be submitted if required
- Take an appointment with the surveyor and take your vehicle to any of Liberty General Car Insurance authorized network garages for repair or cashless service. Submit the required documents to the surveyor
- The Company would confirm the liability
- In case you opt for a cashless facility, the company will settle the repair bills directly with the garage up to the amount payable.
But in case you do not opt for a cashless facility, you have to pay for the repair charges and then submit the bills with the claim form to the surveyor/company for settlement
Step 3: Send your car for repair, if applicable whether your car is damaged, meets with a collision, or gets damaged by some peril, you would need to take it to the garage. Our policy also pays for towing charges from the place of accident to the workshop up to a maximum limit for cars.
Step 4: You will have to submit copies of all the required documents to the Surveyor or garage/dealer that is helping you with your Car Insurance claim. Surveyor will get them verified with the originals. We will make the payment for the repair directly to the network garage once it is ready. Note that you will have to pay the excess amount according to the terms and conditions mentioned in your policy that include deductibles like depreciation, salvage, etc.
FAQs of Liberty Car Insurance:
What does the Liberty Car Insurance policy cover?
The Liberty car insurance policy offers settlement for the following two types of losses:
- Loss or damage to the vehicle caused by accident, fire, burglary, self-ignition, external explosion, and other such reasons.
- Liability for third party death or injury and damage caused to their property.
What are some of the factors that decide the Liberty Car Insurance Premium Amount?
The premium amount is determined by various factors like the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle, the age of the vehicle, model type, and the engine’s CC. IDV is arrived at by adjusting the listed selling price of the car and the depreciation percentage. For obsolete models, the IDV will be a value that is mutually agreed upon between the insurer and the insured.
How do you file a Liberty Car Insurance Claim?
You can file a claim by visiting the nearest branch office, sending a mail to Liberty General Insurance's customer care id, or calling the toll-free number. While registering a claim, have the following details ready for reference.
- Motor insurance policy number
- Name of insured and contact details
- Registration number and details of the vehicle
- Name of the police station where the loss or damage was notified
- Driving license details of the driver.