The insurer has a wide range of general insurance solutions with around 300 products across personal, life, motor insurance, rural, livestock, and agricultural, industrial, and commercial lines of business. The National Insurance company has a good claim settlement ratio of 85.75%. The two types of four wheeler (car) insurance plans offered by National Insurance are commercial vehicles and private cars. The private car package is available as an annual policy, annual liability policy, bundled policy for brand new cars, 3 years package policy, and 3 years liability-only policy.
National Insurance Company, one of the premier insurance firms in India, offers a third-party liability policy and a comprehensive car insurance policy. The company also offers benefits like cashless claims settlement, discounts, etc., to customers. National Car Insurance is meant to protect private car owners against any own car damages and legal liabilities. Additionally, it also offers personal accident cover to provide financial assistance during any injuries caused due to an accident.
National Car Insurance Renewal:
National Insurance Company Ltd. easily allows you to renew your car insurance plan online. Just keep a track of the policy's expiry date and carefully follow the below-listed steps for a successful renewal:
- Open the National Insurance official website and click on 'Motor Insurance'.
- Select ‘Comprehensive Car’, 'Private Car' and click on 'Renew' to begin the renewal process.
- Fill out your policy details; enter the code provided in the box and click on 'Renew Policy' and Make the payment.
- On successful transaction, you will get a mail in your registered email id.
- Save the premium deposit receipt for future references.
At PolicyBachat.com renew a car insurance policy online is easy and quickly sitting at home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your policy within 5 minutes.
Why Choose National Car Insurance from PolicyBachat?
- Go to 'Car Insurance Online' to compare quotes above this article. Fill in the registration number of your car and required details and tap on 'Start Save Money'.
- On the quotes section, either go with your current provider or choose another one to suit your needs.
- Make the payment and you will receive the confirmation at your email address. If assistance needs Call: 1800-123-4003.
- Instant car insurance renewal Hassle-free instant zero paperwork renewal
- Claim settlement Quick and hassle-free claim settlement
- Claim Assistance Service 24x7 claim assistance
Coverages under National Private Car Insurance Policy:
National Private Car Insurance Policy can be tailor-made to ensure any private vehicle. National Motor Insurance policy covers Own Damage car insurance and also, Third-party liability insurance, which helps car owners at the time when needed – in case of any accident or mishaps.
Types of coverage:
Own Damage: This policy covers any damage or loss to the owner’s car due to any of the following things:
- Accident Fire
- Theft, Riots & Strikes and/or Malicious Acts and Terrorism
- Earthquake, Flood Cyclone
- Inundation Transit by Rail, Road, Air & Elevator
Third Party or Liability: This policy is mandatory by the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, it is provided by National Private Car Insurance Policy which covers any injuries or property damages to the third party.
Personal Accident Cover: Coverage of Rs.2 lakh for the owner-driver in case of a permanent total disability or an accidental death on a premium of Rs.100.
- Passenger Personal Accident cover: Passenger Personal Accident cover can be availed with 100 Rs/person for a Sum Insured of Rs.2, 00,000 for each of the occupants.
- Legal liability for Paid driver: Liability cover with a premium of 50 Rs/annually for the paid-driver
Coverages/Add-ons Available under National Car Insurance Scheme:
Ensuring your car is mandatory in India as per various motor vehicle laws enacted by both state and central governments. Two types of coverage options are available under National car insurance:
1. Liability-only cover: This type of coverage insures you only against third-party legal liability arising out of an accident involving your car. It covers the risk of injury or death of a third party and third-party property damage up to 7.5 Lakhs. In case of a mishap, no protection is offered to your vehicle or its occupants.
2. Package Cover: Also known as comprehensive cover, this is all-inclusive which covers all liabilities which includes damages to own vehicle, self, occupants of the car along with statutory provisions for third-party damages.
You can enhance your National car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the National car insurance policy is mentioned below:
NCB Protection: NCB is the No claim bonus which is offered to auto insurance customers at the time of renewal if there is no claim during the previous policy period. The no-claim bonus is a form of discount offered to the customers for not claiming in the previous policy period.
Return to Invoice Value Protection: Return to Invoice is an add-on option that covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of your bike along with the registration and other applicable taxes.
Engine Protection: Engine protector provides financial protection to the insured against any repair or loss of the car’s engine due to leakage of lubricant oil or damage to the engine box due to water ingression. If you stay in a low-lying area that has a huge probability of floods during the monsoon season and driving in water-clogged areas also results in malfunction of the engine. Without this add-on, standalone damage to the engine is not covered under your comprehensive car insurance policy.
Key & Lock Protection: Loss or damage to the keys or lock of your car arising out of an insured event, you will be compensated for the cost incurred in fitting or purchasing new lock or keys or replacement of keys of your insured car. Generally, in case of theft or robbery attempt of your car, burglars use duplicate keys to make unauthorized entry into your vehicle which would damage the lockset of your car door. The cost of purchase or replacement of your car keys would be covered under the Keys &Locks replacement add-on on payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
Consumables Protection: There are certain parts in your four wheeler car such as Engine oil, Gearbox oil, Power steering oil, Coolant, AC oil, Brake oil, Air filter, etc., which are known as Consumable parts. These parts cannot be repaired in case of damage and had to be replaced at the time of claim. The cost of replacement of these parts, in case of an accident, is generally not covered under your comprehensive four wheeler car insurance policy.
Roadside Assistance: We all need a bit of help sometimes! Whenever you face a breakdown of your car on the road, due to an accident, flat tires, malfunctioning battery, or more, with our breakdown assistance add-on, you will have the benefit of getting assistance 24x7.
How to Lodge a Claim with National Insurance Company?
To register claims with the National Insurance Company, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: File an FIR to your nearest Police Station, in the event of theft, fire, damage to the third party, burglary, accident, etc.
Step 2: Intimate the insurance company in case of loss or any other incidence.
Step 3: Obtain the National Insurance Claim Form. Fill up the claim form correctly.
Step 4: Submit these documents to the issuing office of the policy directly together with the documents like Doctors Prescriptions; Pathological tests reports, Medical Bills, Discharge Certificate, and Admission Certificate in case of medical emergency or accident, Police Report.
Step 5: The insurance company might appoint a Surveyor or might refer to the Doctors.
Step 6: Claim is ultimately settled by the insurer and you will receive the payment as a full and final settlement.
Documents required for Car Accidental Claims:
- Registration Certificate copy of the vehicle
- Driving License
- Claim Form duly signed by Insured
- FIR or Police Panchanama copy
- Repair Estimate
- Repair bills and payment proof/ Discharge Voucher.
- Documents required by AML guideline.
Documents required for Car Theft Claims
- Original Policy Document
- Claim Form duly signed by Insured
- Original Registration Certificate, Permit, Fitness, Tax.
- All original keys/Service Booklet/ Warranty Card/ Original purchase invoice.
- Police Panchnama/FIR and Final report/non-traceable report.
- Acknowledged copy of a letter addressed to RTO intimating theft and forming ‘NON-USE’.
- RTO transfer papers duly signed.
- Consent towards agreed claim settlement value from yourself and Financier.
- NOC from the Financier if the claim is to be settled in your favor.
- Subrogation Letter, Indemnity bond, and Discharge voucher.
- Documents required by AML guideline.
Documents required for Personal Accident & Third Party Claims:
- Death Certificate
- Post-mortem report
- Legal Heir certificate
- Certificate of Disablement, in case of permanent partial disability
- Insurance Policy copy
- Claim Form duly signed
- Police FIR Copy
- Registration Certificate copy
- Driving License copy
- MACT/Legal Notice
- Claimant details
- Supporting documents
Benefits and Features of National Car Insurance Policy:
National Car Insurance comes with a wide range of features and benefits to make your protection complete and comprehensive:
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Cashless claim settlement in over 2,000+ cashless garages
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
Exclusions of National Car Insurance Policy:
- Any mechanical and electrical breakdown
- Private cars used for remuneration purpose is not covered
- Any wear-and-tear of the car due to aging
- Driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Loss or damage due to depreciation of the car's value
- Loss or damage due to war or nuclear risks
- Consequential loss - if the original damage causes subsequent damage/loss, only the original damage will be covered under our motor car insurance.
- Compulsory deductibles - a fixed amount that gets deducted at the time of the claim.
FAQs of National Car Insurance Policy:
What is the procedure for making changes to my existing car insurance policy from National insurance?
It is outstanding that you keep the insurer informed on changes about communication address and phone numbers, modification in name, alterations made to the car, etc. It is done using an Endorsement by the insurer. You can either call or visit one of the local offices of National insurance to gather more information regarding any modifications to the existing policy. Some of these changes may require the support of relevant documents.
Does National Insurance Company offer car insurance for used cars?
Yes, the National Insurance Company offers car insurance for all private cars that have IDV less than Rs.25 lakh. You can get further details on this by contacting the insurer or insurance advisor of PolicyBachat.
May I know whether the National Insurance company offers personal accident cover to the passengers also?
Yes, National Insurance Company offers personal accident cover to the passengers also where the number of passengers should be equivalent to the permissible maximum occupancy present in the car.
What is the coverage provided by National Car Insurance on third-party property damage?
National Car Insurance will provide coverage up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs on third-party property damage and other liabilities.
What are the advantages of using the National car insurance premium calculator?
The National car insurance premium calculator tool is a very useful proposition as it helps you in determining the amount you will have to set aside towards the premium on an annual basis. This is key in coming up with a realistic budget for your annual expenses.
When it comes to car insurance plans, it is always advisable to calculate the premium for the policy in advance. You can do the same by using the PolicyBachat car insurance premium calculator that uses parameters such as make and model, engine capacity, the area of registration, date of registration, etc. It offers an estimate of the premium in the form of a quote. If you are fine with the quote, then you can proceed with the purchase of the policy.
Compare Car Insurance quotes for the National car insurance policy on our website. Buy/Renew National Car Insurance policy and get discounts offered by the company on our portal, if need Help/Assistance/Insurance advisor Call: 1800-123-4003.