The Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Telangana is the state-level transport authority responsible for the regulation of motor vehicles in the state. It is responsible for issuing driving licenses, vehicle registration certificates, and other related documents. It also enforces road safety regulations and collects taxes related to motor vehicles. The RTO also deals with traffic rules violations and other motor vehicle offenses. The RTO in Telangana works closely with the Road Transport Authority (RTA) to ensure that all rules are followed and enforced properly.
|State Transport Code
||Opp. Eenadu Office, Khairatabad, Raj Bhavan Quarters Colony, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500 041
|Telangana RTO Website
||10 am to 5 pm
RTO Telangana Code List:
The Regional Transport Office in Telangana is responsible for functions and activities related to vehicle registration, road tax collection, vehicle inspection, compliance with rules and regulations for road safety, issuing driving license, etc. There are several RTO Telangana codes that you can easily locate in your nearby locality that is listed below :-
Types of Vehicle Registration at RTO Telangana:
The Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Telangana provides a variety of services to the citizens of the state. These services include driving license application and renewal, vehicle registration, permit services, and various other related services. All these services are provided with the aim of ensuring that citizens are able to drive safely and legally on the roads of Telangana. The RTO also provides special facilities for senior citizens and physically challenged persons to make their experience more comfortable. With its wide range of services, the RTO in Telangana has become a one-stop shop for all your vehicle-related needs.
- Temporary Registration
- Permanent Registration
- Renewal & Duplicate
- Ownership transfer
- Address Change
- Fresh RC
- No Objection Certificate
- HP Endorsement & Termination
- Number reservation.
How to get a Temporary Vehicle Registration in RTO Telangana?
When you buy a new vehicle in Telangana, you can avail of a temporary Registration certificate book from the dealer until you receive the permanent Registration Certificate number. A temporary registration number is allotted to the vehicle owner for a maximum period of one month. The vehicle owner is required to register the vehicle within this period with the Regional Transport Office Telangana.
- Address Proof such as Aadhar, Electricity bill, Ration card, etc.
- PUC Certificate
- Copies of the valid insurance certificate
- Design Approval in case of Trailer
- Customs Clearance in case of Imported Vehicle
- Form 21 for Sales Certificate
- Form 22 for Fitness
- Insurance Documents
- Tax Receipts.
How to get a Permanent Vehicle Registration in RTO Telangana?
To get your vehicle permanently registered, you need to fill out Form 20 and submit it at the Regional Transport Office (RTO) within 7 days of purchasing the vehicle. You have to pay the applicable fees & taxes as per the Central Motor Vehicles Rules (CMV) and Apartment Motor Vehicles Act (APMV).
- Form 20- Application form for availing permanent registration number
- Form 21-Sales Certificate contains relevant details of the sale of the vehicle
- Form 22-Vehicle Road Worthiness Certificate, which states that the vehicle is proper to be operational on the road
- If the vehicle body is fabricated, the owner also needs to submit form 22A
- Address proof of the owner of the vehicle
- In the case of semi-trailer or trailer vehicles, a copy of the design approved has to be submitted by the vehicle owner, along with a Sales Certificate needs to be submitted to the respective RTO Telangana.
How to Renew Vehicle Registration in RTO Telangana?
Renewal of vehicle registration in Telangana has to be done after 15 days from the date of issuance of the number. An application for renewal of vehicle registration has to be made 60 days from the date of expiry. Vehicle registration renewal can be done at RTO Telangana on submission of the below documents:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- PUC certificate
- Form 25
- Applicable application fees.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in RTO Telangana?
In case an individual has migrated from another state to Telangana and wants to permanently register his vehicle in the state, then he can register his vehicle in the state by following the below process. The no-objection certificate has to be obtained from the original registering authority.
The applicable application forms and road tax has to be paid along with. On inspection of the vehicle and verification of the documents, the new vehicle registration number is given to the applicant. If an individual wants to transfer the ownership of his vehicle, then he will have to visit the Telangana RTO and submit the below-mentioned documents.
- Application in Forms 29 and 30
- NOC has to be obtained from the RTO if the vehicle is registered in another state
- NOC has to be obtained from the financer if the vehicle is purchased through finance
- PUC certificate
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- Applicable application fees and road taxes
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Affidavit stating the sale and purchase of the vehicle
- Age and address proof documents and passport-size photographs.
How to get a Duplicate Registration Copy in RTO Telangana?
In case the RC of a vehicle is lost, an FIR has to be filed at the nearby police station. A copy of the FIR along with an application must be submitted to either RTO or Motor Vehicle Inspector for issuing duplicate registration.
- Copy of the police FIR if the RC is stolen or lost.
- The original RC if it is damaged.
- Pollution under Control Certificate.
How to get a No-objection (NOC) Certificate in RTO Telangana?
RTO's no-objection certificate consists of no tax dues on the vehicle, which is getting registered in the RTO. Know more about NOC issuance:
- To obtain a no-objection certificate for registering the vehicle in the state of Telangana, you will have to approach the concerned RTO office in your area
- You can get details of the concerned RTO office in your area through the RTO codes.
- Application is required to be made in Form 28 along with the below-stated necessary documents to process your application
- The application form can also be obtained from the respective RTO
- You should make sure that you are eligible for applying for this procedure
- Then you have to fill out the form and present it in one of the counters of the concerned RTO along with the appropriate fee, where the officials will start processing your application for the same
- After checking and verifying the application form for its correctness, the No objection certificate will be issued to you by the concerned RTO.
Functions of RTO Telangana:
You must have often heard the word RTO in various aspects of vehicles like driving license, registration of vehicles, learner’s license, number plate, etc. The main intention of RTO is to ensure proper operation and running of the vehicles allotted under each state as per the law.
There are many roles that an RTO performs for any state and therefore is responsible for numerous activities related to vehicles. If you are staying in any city in the state of Telangana, you will get to know about RTO Telangana and understand the various functions, which an RTO does, as we will take you through the same below.
- Driving License:
The primary duty of the RTO is to issue driving licenses. It includes all types of driving licenses, be it permanent, temporary, international, renewed, or duplicate.
- Issuance of the learner,
- Permanent, renewal,
- Additions of class license
- International driving permit.
When a new vehicle hits Indian roads, it must be registered by the RTO. RTOs will check all the necessary documents and issue the registration in the name of the vehicle owner. Along with the registration certificate, the vehicle will be assigned a unique number that must always be displayed front and back.
- Trade Certificate,
- Temporary Registration,
- Permanent Registration,
- Ownership Transfer,
- Address Change,
- HP Endorsement,
- HP Termination,
- Fresh RC,
- No Objection Certificate,
- Diplomatic Vehicles,
- Number Reservation,
- Registration Codes,
- State, District,
- Vehicles Categorization,
- Registration Display.
There are some special permits applicable to various vehicles that are used for transportation and commercial purposes. For instance, auto rickshaws must have a permit to transport passengers. RTOs assess these requests and provide permits for these vehicles.
- Issuance of permits,
- Renewal of permits, and
- Issuance of duplicate permits to Auto rickshaws, Motor Cab, Luxury Cabs, Maxi Cab, Bus, Radio Cabs, City Cabs, Prepaid Taxi, Temporary Permit, Private Service Vehicles, Education Institution Buses, Stage Carriage, Goods Carriage Permit.
- Collection of Vehicle Taxes:
Vehicle owners in India must pay various taxes. The most popular one is the road tax, which must be paid by all new vehicles plying Indian roads. RTOs collect these taxes from vehicle owners on behalf of the government.
- Collection of Quarterly Tax,
- Life Time Tax,
- Green Tax,
- Countersignature Tax,
- Short Term Tax,
- Composite Tax,
- Border Tax, and
- Tax Exemptions.
- Issuance of Fitness Certificate:
Transport and commercial vehicles must have a fitness certificate before they can be driven legally on Indian roads. This fitness certificate is to assess whether a vehicle is in good condition. Vehicles that do not pass the fitness test cannot be driven legally on Indian roads.
- Issuance of fitness certificate for transport vehicle
- Temporary fitness certificate.
- Collecting Fees:
RTOs collect a nominal fee for various services they provide. For instance, there are charges applicable to getting a license or getting a registration certificate. Individuals must pay these charges if they wish to avail of the services of the RTO.
- Collection of Licenses,
- Pollution testing,
- Permit, and
- Model Approval.
There are some special permits applicable to various vehicles that are used for transportation and commercial purposes. For instance, auto rickshaws must have a permit to transport passengers. RTOs assess these requests and provide permits for these vehicles. Levying of Prosecution and Compounding taxes.
RTO Telangana Traffic Challans & Fees:
||Charges & Fees
|Non-transport light motor vehicle
|Transport light motor vehicle
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle
|Heavy goods vehicle
|Imported motor vehicle
|Any other type of vehicle
|Learner licence (Test charge)
|Driving licence (International Permit)
|Driving licence (For other classes)
|Driving licence (Renewal)
|Driving licence (Renewal after due date)
|Driving School licence
|Driving School licence (Duplicate)
|Information Update Charges
Get Car Insurance after Registering the Vehicle in Telangana:
Every vehicle registered at the Telangana RTO has to be insured with a third party car insurance. A third party insurance covers an individual against any damages caused to a third party or property.
An individual can also opt for comprehensive motor insurance that provides coverage against damages caused to self, vehicle or third party, or property. Comprehensive vehicle insurance also provides coverage against damages caused due to man-made or natural calamities.
Every vehicle that is registered at Telangana RTO has to be insured as per the rules of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. An individual can purchase motor insurance online or offline in Telangana. Generally, car insurance is of two types i.e. third party insurance and comprehensive insurance.
- Third party insurance: Third party car insurance provides coverage for medical expenses in case of bodily injury. It also provides compensation in case of death or physical disfigurement. Third party can also claim for loss of income in case if he/she is not able to work due to the sustained injuries.
- Comprehensive insurance: It is a combination of third-party and own-damage cover. This type of policy provides coverage against all kinds of damages caused to your vehicle, yourself and any other third-party individual or property. It also provides coverage against for any damages caused due to man-made or natural calamities.
Buy Online with PolicyBachat:
It will take less than 5 minutes to buy a car Insurance policy at Telangana. You can buy a car insurance policy online by visiting our website. We provide several car insurance policy premium quotes offered by different insurers from which you can choose one that suits your needs and budget.
As a car owner, you can easily buy car insurance online:-
- Go to the form on the top of the page
- Fill up the details of your car such as RTO, model, engine capacity, fuel type, etc.
- Provide your contact details including your name, email id, etc.
- Choose the best car insurance in Telangana as per your requirements
- Pay the insurance price online via net banking or bank debit/credit cards
- Your motor insurer will issue your car insurance online in Telangana.
If you simply follow all the traffic rules and regulations, you will have a safe drive without having to pay any challans. Apart from safe driving, it is also mandatory to have valid car insurance to drive/ride on Indian roads. To avoid unnecessary incidents that may be caused due to an accident, it is always a good idea to get a comprehensive car insurance plan. You can also choose the required add-on not to pay the extra amount for repairs or damages. Also, renew and update your car registration details with RTO Telangana.