Things to take care while driving your Car in Rainy season
Driving your car in monsoon season can be one of the toughest challenges faced by you. If you drive fast there would be a chance of skidding and accidents, if you drive slow you might damage the engine. It is highly important to strike equilibrium and reach your destination safely. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. No matter how many precautions you take it is highly possible to meet with even a minor accident or car repair during rainy season.
Here are the few tips to take into consideration when driving your car in monsoon season:-
- Check your tires: Make sure that your car tires are in perfect condition before taking out your car in monsoon season. The tread of the car should be of sufficient to hold the grip with road while driving. If the tread is worn our then a layer is formed between the road and the tyre which prevents the car from having grip on the road and leads to skidding.
- Water Logged Roads: While driving on water logged roads ensure that you are not going deep in the water. Try to estimate the level of water logged on the road before entering the area. If you drive when water level is high, water may enter into the car and cause damage the car engine and other parts beyond repair (sometimes).
- Drive Slow: Remember the quote “Slow and steady wins the race” which is very much apt for drivers riding cars in the rainy season. While driving on the wet road it is important to remember that driving slow can prevent accidents. Due to rain water on the road the traction between the road and the tyre will be less and may result in skidding while trying to bring the vehicle to halt suddenly.
- Windshield Wipers: Some people neglect to maintain their windshield wipers in working condition which will affect them seriously while driving during monsoon season. Windshield wipers help to wipe the water droplets from the windshield mirror thereby providing clear vision to the driver. The windshield wiper also helps to clear the moisture from the glass in a mist or during a heavy downpour.
- Look out for Manholes: Manholes and potholes are very common on the road and are enabled to carry the rain water into the drainages. But these potholes can be life takers in rainy season if attention is not paid. During rainy season it is difficult to identify on which side of the road pothole is and hitting the pothole can damage the tyres and engine.
- Maintain distance avoid sudden breaking: It is very important to maintain distance between cars and other vehicles while driving. In rainy season when driving on wet road if breaks are applied suddenly the car might take some time to come to halt. If enough distance is not maintained it may lead to bumping into the car in front of you. Also it is to be kept in mind that sudden breaking can skid the car or even overturn the car.
- Battery and Fuse: Battery of the car plays a very important role when it comes to starting the car, while using AC, wipers and lights etc. When driving through areas with deep waters, the electric components can experience shorting and may be permanently damages.
Driving a car has to be fun in rainy season but the same fun should not turn into sorrow. If these points are kept in mind while driving the car, accidents and damages to car can be prevented.
For best online car insurance quotes please visit https://www.policybachat.com/ where you can check for the best car insurance renewal quotes and compare car insurance quotes.