United India Car Insurance Online
United India Insurance is one of the leading general insurance companies in India. The company was established on 18th February 1938. 4 Cooperative Insurance Societies, 12 Indian Insurance Companies, and Indian operations of 5 Foreign Insurers, besides General Insurance operations of the southern region of Life Insurance Corporation of India, were merged with United India Insurance Company Limited.
The United India car insurance policy is anticipated to provide customers with all solutions for car insurance needs with comprehensive coverage that helps them at times of any unfortunate events. Providing coverage for third party liability, own damage and other important aspects, United India car insurance work for safeguarding the financial responsibility of the policyholders during emergencies.
The company is one of the oldest and one of the most reliable insurance companies which understands the need for car insurance and thus offers insurance products which are designed to cater to the different section of the society. Offering its policyholders a wide array of products which works on satisfying the customers, United India Car Insurance policy takes care of the customers while driving.
United India Car Insurance is a type of motor insurance policy designed to protect an insured private car from any unforeseen loss or damages. It is the motor insurance segment of United India Insurance Co. Ltd. The company has been offering car insurance policies for the past several years and covers private cars against any unpredictable losses, damages, or liabilities.
Car insurance by United India Motor Insurance is issued for a policy term of one year. However, the newly purchased cars can get an insurance policy with a tenure of three years. United India Insurance Company Limited has a good claim settlement ratio of 91.72%. Third Party covers up to 7 lakhs and Own damage cover covers 50% of the cost incurred in replacement.
How to Renew United India Car Insurance Policy?
It is important to renew it before the expiry date. Usually, United India car insurance offers an easy online renewal facility. You easily renew your United India car insurance policy online in a matter of a few clicks. You can opt out of the features that you don’t want to avail of and save some premium. You can also opt for the benefits that you were missing from your policy. Renewal of the insurance policy online is the simplest way. The United India car insurance renewal process is a paperless and hassle-free process.
Holding a valid car insurance plan is a mandatory thing in India. To drive legally, you need to keep renewing your existing car insurance plan. The insured can renew their car insurance plan by PolicyBachat or by visiting the official website of United India Car Insurance.
- Visit the official website of the United India Insurance Company
- Click on the ‘Products’ tab
- Click on the Renew tab under the Motor Insurance category
- Submit the policy number and click on ‘Next’.
- Scan your Policy details and continue
- Pay the policy renewal charges via online payment. You will get a confirmation email/SMS shortly post payment.
At PolicyBachat.com a UNITED INDIA car insurance policy online is easy and quickly sitting at home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your policy within 5 minutes.
- Go to 'Car Insurance Online' to compare quotes above this article. Fill in the registration number of your car and required details and tap on 'Start Save Money.
- On the quotes section, either go with your current provider or choose another one to suit your needs.
- Make the payment and you will receive the confirmation at your email address. If assistance needs Call: 1800-123-4003.
Why Buy United India Car Insurance Plan?
Accidents can happen at any point in time and so does the natural calamities. No one can predict either of these but can certainly protect their vehicles from the uncertainties and related loss or damage by availing the best car insurance plans.
A good United India car insurance plan can shield or guard the vehicles and the insured not only from accidents and natural calamities but also from the risks arising out of third party damages and loss. Moreover, it’s mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act to have a car insurance plan. Hence, United India Car Insurance Co. Ltd. provides wide-ranging car insurance plans which shield vehicles from any risks.
NIC offers 100% protection for your car.
With United India car insurance online, you can avail hassle-free claim settlement, instant renewal and get free quotes.
You can avail 24*7 claim settlement assistance services under United India vehicle insurance scheme.
You can easily buy United India car insurance policies from company’s online portal using credit, debit cards and internet banking anytime without wasting your valuable time.
United India motor insurance policy provides personal accident insurance coverage where you can get a lump sum amount for the driver or co-passenger
Instant online renewal quotes are available in NIC’s website.
United India motor insurance offers some effective add-on covers.
As per United India car insurance online, on choosing higher voluntary excess, you will get discount on insurance premium.
||Up to 7 lakhs
|Own Damage Cover
||50% of the cost incurred in replacement is covered.
Benefits of United India Car Insurance:
- Quick and Easy approval of Claims Settlement
- It has comprehensive insurance plans for both private and commercial vehicles.
- This United car insurance provides easy renewal options to its policyholders without any boring process
- A wide network of garages for providing cashless services during emergencies.
- Third party coverage against the liabilities arising due to death, bodily injury, damage to the property of the third party in case of an accident, and Coverage of Rs 7.5 lakh for the damage of the property of the third party.
- Incurred Claim Settlement Ratio
- Personal Accident Cover
- Network Garages
- No Claim Bonus
Features of United India Car Insurance Policy:
United India Car Insurance comes with a wide range of features and benefits to make your protection complete and comprehensive:
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Cashless claim settlement in over 2,000+ cashless garages
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
Advantages of United India Car Insurance Policy:
- Liability-only and comprehensive policies.
- Cashless options.
- Coverage for personal accident, other damages and third-party liabilities.
- Multiple discounts and no-claim bonuses.
- Convenient paperless procedures.
Exclusions of United India Car Insurance:
Exclusions are conditions that are not covered under any Insurance Provider. Mentioned below are exclusions under United India General Car Insurance:
- Any form of consequential loss & Mechanical or electrical fallouts.
- Loss in the value of the vehicle due to wear and tear depreciation.
- Damages arising out of overusing the car’s limitations.
- Damages arising out of war or nuclear fallout.
- Driving without a valid license, under the influence of alcohol, neglectful driving, and rash driving.
- Damages due to extensive modifications or accessories.
Additional Discounts offered by United India Car Insurance:
NCB or No Claim Bonus: If you don’t make a claim within a particular policy year or more, you will be entitled to NCB upon renewal. The percentage of bonus is with respect to own damage premium.
ARAI-approved anti-theft devices: 2.5% discount or Rs.200, whichever is less.
Associations and Memberships: 5% discount or Rs.200, whichever is less.
Usage of vehicle within the insured’s premises: 33% discount on tariff rates.
Vintage/Classic Cars: 25% discount for cars produced before 21.12.1940, recognized by the Vintage and Classic Cars Club of India.
Special Cars: 50% discount for use by the differently-abled.
Personal accident covers: for employees and unnamed occupants of the car during the time of the accident.
Imported or non-factory fitted electrical and electronic accessories: @4% on cost of the equipment.
Bi-fuel kits: upon declaration is 4% on cost of the CNG-LPG kit.
Fuel tanks made of fiberglass: Rs.50 above own-damage premium.
United India Car Insurance Claim Process:
- Contact the policy issuing office
- A survey by the company
- Inform the local police station
- Get the estimated cost of repair
- The claim process is completed.
Types of United India Car Insurance Policy:
United India car insurance policy is an agreement between the insurance company and the customer in which the insurance company settles the loss or damages incurred due to an accident in return for a nominal premium to be paid by the customer to the insurance company. United India car insurance policies are designed to ensure that your car is protected from the damages caused as a result of the perils mentioned in the policy document.
Below are the perils covered under the United India car insurance policy:-
1. Own Damage Section:
2. Third Party Section:
- Damage due to Fire, Explosion, Self-Ignition, or Lightning.
- Burglary or Housebreaking or Theft.
- Damage due to Riot and Strike.
- Malicious damage
- Earthquake including Fire & Shock
- Damage due to Natural peril of Act of God such as Flood, Storm, Hurricane, etc.
- Damage due to accidental external means.
- Damage due to Terrorist activity.
- Damage caused to the car while in Transit by Rail, Road, and Inland waterway, Lift, Elevator or Air.
- Damage due to Landslide / Rockslide.
3. Personal Accident Cover:
- Legal liability arising out of bodily injury/death of third parties involved in an accident with the insured car.
- Property damage of third parties caused due to an accident involving the insured four wheeler car.
4.Liability Only Cover:
- Personal accident cover compensates in the event of death or disability of the owner/driver due to an unfortunate incident while traveling on the insured four wheeler car. The compensation under the personal accident cover of the United India car insurance policy would not exceed Rs.15 L.
This United India vehicle insurance plan provides protection against any legal liability caused by an accident involving your four-wheeler. This scheme does not cover any damage to your vehicle. It only provides coverage for third party injury or death and property damage to third party upto the maximum of Rs. 7.5 Lakhs.
5. Comprehensive coverage
This coverage provides all-round protection both from the financial losses and from the liabilities arising out of third party loss. This plan provides
- Coverage against losses in case of fire, self-ignition, explosion, lightning, terrorist activity, riot, earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslide, theft, burglary, damage during transit by road, rail, airways, waterways, lift, elevator, etc.
- Personal accident cover for the owner/driver
- 100% compensation in case of death
- 100% compensation in case of loss of two limbs or two eyes or loss of one eye and one limb
- 100% compensation in case of total disability from the injuries
- 50% compensation in case of loss of one limb or one sight.
United India Car Insurance Premium Calculation:
There is an amount called ‘Premium’ that you need to pay to keep your car insurance plan active so that you can get the required financial cover in case of need. You might have some doubts about how much you have to pay to keep your policy active. To address the same, you can use the car insurance premium calculator available on our site. Below is the simple formula that usually company use to calculate the premium
United India car insurance premium depends on many factors such as IDV, Add-ons, Age of the car, Make and Model of the car, year of registration, Manufacturing date, Previous NCB, RTO, etc. United India car insurance premiums can be obtained instantly using the online calculator. It is advisable to use this car insurance calculator before deciding on setting the budget for the car insurance.
* Premium = Own Damage Premium - (No claim bonus + discounts) + Liability Premium as Fixed by the IRDAI + Cost of Add-ons.*
Below are the factors which need to be input to get the United India car insurance premium online:
- Basic details such as Name, E-mail, Mobile number, etc.,
- Car Make and Model which decides the premium of the car to be paid by the customer.
- An insured declared value is the maximum liability of the insurance company in case of any claim. Higher the IDV, the higher the premium.
- Year of registration of the car to arrive at the age of the car. United India general insurance covers four wheelers up to 20 years of age online. Cars aged above 20 years would be subject to inspection and approval from the underwriting team before quoting.
- Previous year no claim bonus also decides on the premium to be paid for the United India car insurance policy. The higher the NCB, the lower would be the premium to be paid by the customer.
- RTO location decides on the premium to be paid in the online car insurance calculator. State capitals are classified under Zone A while the rest of the cities come under Zone B.
- The below table is for illustration purposes only, you can compare and get exact rates.
||Zero depreciation cover
||10. 34 lakh
How to Claim Car Insurance United India?
To register claims with the United India Insurance Company, Filing a claim online for your car insurance is quite an easy process. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Cashless: If you get your vehicle repaired at the company's authorized network garage, you will be liable to get the cashless facility. Here, your wallet won't see the day of light. The company will directly communicate with the network garage to settle your expenses.
Reimbursement: If you get your repairs done from a local garage, you can simply go for the reimbursement process. Here, the sad part is that you have to pay the repair charges and submit the cash copies to United India to get the money back.
To process your claim, you need to register the same first. You can register the claim through the online and offline processes. To file online, please follow the below-mentioned process.
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘online motor claim intimation’ tab on ‘customer services’.
- Provide your motor policy number or registration number
- Click on ‘Next’
- Submit basic required details and required documents to process your claim further
- The company will analyze the situation and will convey the approval or rejection message directly to you.
Documents Required for United India Car Insurance Claim Process:
- A copy of the policy documents
- FIR copy of the incident for which claim is raised
- Vehicle registration number
- Self-identity proofs
- If need assistance calls United India car insurance customer care number: 1800-425-333-33/ feel free to call: 1800-123-4003.
United India car insurance has a very simple claim process
1. For accidental claims
2. For theft claims
- Contact the insurance company and inform about the incident. A surveyor will be appointed for a survey of the vehicle and the incident
- If the loss or damage is caused due to riot, let the car be at the place of the incident for the surveyor to inspect
- Inform the nearest police station, in case of any death or injury of the third party. Inform the hospital where medical treatment was provided
- After inspection of the vehicle, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest network garage
- Submit the duly signed and completely filled claim form along with a copy of FIR, vehicle registration, copy of the driving license, original copy of the estimated receipts, cash bills, etc
- After final inspection the car will be repaired and the claim process will be initiated
- Inform the policy immediately and file an FIR
- Contact the insurance company and inform about the incident. A surveyor will be appointed for a survey of the vehicle and the incident
- Submit the duly signed and completely filled claim form along with a copy of FIR, vehicle registration, copy of the driving license, insurance document, etc
- Once the insurance company is satisfied, the claim process will be initiated.
Documents required for making United India Car Insurance Claims
- To make a valid claim in your United India Car Insurance policy, the following documents would have to be submitted –
- The duly signed and completely filled claim form
- The original policy document
- The Registration Certificate of the car
- A self-attested photocopy of your driving license
- A copy of the policy FIR for accidental or theft claims
- The repair bills in original with a cash receipt
United India Car Insurance Add-ons/Riders:
You can enhance your United India car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the United India car insurance policy is mentioned below:
Personal accident covers: If an insured gets injured (temporary/permanent disability) or dies in an accident, this add-on will offer the necessary financial cover to his/her family.
CNG/LPG-Bi-fuel kits cover: Generally, CNG/LPG-Bi Fuel kits are not liable to get the cover under the basic plan. Vehicles fitted with CNG/LPG Bi-fuel kits have to be separately declared and the premium is chargeable at 4% on the value of such kit (if you purchase this add-on).
Change of vehicles: Under the same, your car can be substituted by any other car while subject to adjustment of the premium. This can be done when your car is in the garage for repairs caused by an accident or any other reason.
Electrical/Electronic fittings: A few parts such as electrical/electronic fittings might not be liable to get the cover under the basic plan. However, you can get them covered by paying an additional premium of 4% on the value of such fittings.
Fiberglass Fuel Tanks: Under this cover, the fiberglass fuel tanker would be liable to get the cover. For the same, you have to pay an additional premium of Rs.50 for your damage cover for all vehicles except miscellaneous types of commercial vehicles.
United India Cashless Garages in India:
FAQs of United India Car Insurance:
How to Check United India Car Insurance Policy Status Online?
United India Car Insurance Policy Status can be checked by contacting the intermediary from whom the policy was taken or the insurance policy status can be found on the mParivahan app which displays the start date and end date of the insurance policy. If you can remember the intermediary from whom the policy was taken you can talk to them about the status of the policy or in case if you have taken the policy from PolicyBachat then you can call our customer care to enquire on the insurance policy status.
How Can I Transfer My United India Car Insurance No-Claim Bonus to A New Vehicle?
Your existing vehicle has to be sold off based on which your existing insurance company will issue an NCB reserving letter. This benefit can be transferred to the new vehicle.
How to Download United India Car Insurance Policy Copy?
UNITED INDIA Car insurance policy copy can be checked by contacting the intermediary from whom the policy was taken or the insurance policy copy can be found on the mParivahan app which displays the start date and end date of the insurance policy. If you can remember the intermediary from whom the policy was taken you can talk to them about the status of the policy or in case if you have taken the UNITED INDIA general insurance policy from PolicyBachat then you can call our customer care to enquire on the insurance policy.
Can I Cancel My United India Car Insurance Policy Midway?
Yes, you can terminate your car insurance plan midway and the unused premium can be refunded on a short tenure, provided alternate insurance proof is given and there is no claim lodged.
How Can We Check Policy Number Of United India Car Insurance?
For insurance policy numbers you can directly contact the United India insurance company from which you have taken the insurance policy and submit your details such as phone number, email id, or other details such as Engine number and Chassis number.
How much discount can I get if my car has an anti-theft device?
If your car has anti-theft devices that are approved by the Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI), you will be liable to get a discount of 2.5% on your own-damage premium.
Can United India Insurance Company reject my car insurance claim?
There are a few factors based on which the company can easily reject your claim:-
- If you delay in filing the claim or file after your repairs are done.
- If there is any modification without informing the insurance company.
- In case the owner failed to complete the transfer formalities to another owner/entity.
- If the insurance company is mis-leaded or not informed about the purpose of using a car.
How can I cancel my United India car Insurance policy?
For cancelling any policy, you need an alternate policy for the same vehicle. Please visit United’s branches to inquire further regarding policy cancellation.
How Can I Transfer My United India Car Insurance No-Claim Bonus to A New Vehicle?
Ownership transfer documents:
- Fresh Proposal form
- Transferred RC copy or copy of 29/30 form
- Consent letter of Old Owner/Employer for transfer of policy
- Death Certificate of current registered owner & Legal heir certificate
- Old policy documents
- Premium Cheque (If required)