Buy/Renew Expired Car Insurance Policy Online
Buying/Renewing a car insurance policy is a process that needs to be done periodically to ensure that the car is well-protected. When searching for a new insurance policy, it is important to check if there are any special discounts, benefits, and coverages are available. It can often be cheaper to renew an existing policy than buying one from scratch, as some providers offer attractive discounts for those who have been with them for a long time.
Buy Car Insurance Policy:
With the help of today's technology, buying a car insurance policy has become extremely easy. Some people are still confused about how to buy a car insurance policy online. They are not aware that there is no need to go physically meet the person and give the necessary information.
Car insurance is mandatory for all drivers in most countries. There are different types of car insurance policies that you can get depending on what you need them for, and the price of each policy will depend on the age of the car and your vehicle's make and model.
There are many factors to consider before buying car insurance. Some of the most important ones are the cost, coverage, deductible amount, which is covered under the policy, whether or not you have a claims history with your insurer, age restrictions, and what type of driving you to do.
Note: If your car insurance policy is expired after the policy period the car owner needs to Renew the expired car insurance policy online, by giving certain documents and proofs to the insurance provider, then renewing the lapsed policy. If not you can buy a new car insurance policy or go with the current provider as per your needs but the coverages and benefits of the insurance policy will not apply to the new one.
Renew Expired Car Insurance:
We know that, as a car owner, you'll want to make sure that you're protected on the road. But if you've let your insurance expire, it's time to renew it. It is best to renew expired car insurance as soon as possible because the longer you wait, the more expensive it can become. If you're looking for an affordable option for your auto insurance needs, consider taking advantage of our car insurance renewal.
Benefits of Renewing Expired Car Insurance Policy in Time:
There are numerous advantages of getting your car insurance renewed on time including the below-highlighted points:
- The policyholder gets NCB for every claim-free year.
- Your car is insured all the time, with no gaps or break-in periods.
- An order has been issued mandatory by the law, for a car owner to have a car insurance policy; an expired policy makes the policyholder liable against other legal consequences.
Why is Renewal of Expired Car Insurance Important?
If you own a car, it is important to renew your expired car insurance. The best time to do this is before the old insurance expires. The reason for this is that the car registration will need proof of valid insurance to renew your registration.
Furthermore, if you are in an accident, without valid insurance, you will not be covered by your insurer for any hospital bills or property damage that may occur in the event of an accident.
Renewal of Expired Car Insurance will cover you in some aspects:
Financial loss due to accidents: Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere which may amount to a huge sum as your car insurance has expired. To repair the damages, you will have to break your savings and pay for it as your car insurance has already expired
Driving with Expired Insurance: Driving without valid car insurance is a criminal offense in India under the Motor Vehicles Act and can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 2000 or imprisonment for up to 3 months. Now, that’s unwanted trouble you are inviting upon you.
Loss of Insurance Protection: Car Insurance policy provides you with wide coverage, which can protect you in case of any car related emergency. If you allow your insurance policy to expire, you risk losing the benefits of the insurance cover and you might have to pay from your pocket for the repairs before buying a new car insurance policy.
No Claim Bonus: Did you know a policy lapsed for more than 90 days could make you lose on your accrued NCB? Think of it this way, the NCB racked up over 4 years could stack up to 45-50%. Imagine losing that? Not really.
What You Should Know Before Renewing Your Expired Car Insurance Policy?
What are the Things to keep in mind when your car insurance policy has expired? You should know that you can't just renew your insurance without considering the other options. There are many options for car insurance so it's best to take time and consider all of your options.
Once your expiry date is near, you should ideally renew your car insurance policy immediately. However, in some cases, this may take you some time and we understand that.
Maybe you want to evaluate some car insurers before making your decision or, you need time until your background check and self-inspection process are complete. If your car insurance policy has already expired or isn’t active yet, here are some things you should do to keep you and your car safe.
Here are some tips to help you make the decision:
- Consider how much you drive and if there has been any change in your driving habits. If you don't drive much, then a cheaper policy might be more appropriate for you.
- Find out if there is a special discount on the type of policy that suits your needs.
- If you’re confused about changing your car insurance provider from your previous policy, evaluate your options online and make an informed decision. After all, your car is one of your most prized possessions and you’d want to make the right decision for its safety.
- Avoid driving without a valid car insurance policy. After all, you never know what can happen. If you’re caught by a cop or even land up in a small accident, the risks aren’t worth it!
- If you can opt for a long term policy when you’re renewing your policy online, this way you don’t need to worry about renewals for some time.
- Ensure your car documents are in place, you’ll need them or some details from the same, to renew your car insurance policy.
How to Renew Your Expired Car Insurance Policy?
Renewing your car insurance is a routine task, but it can be a bit complicated if you don’t know what to do. The following steps will walk you through the process of renewing your policy with as little hassle as possible.
Step 1: Find out which auto insurance company you have been using and contact them to see if they offer online renewal options. If they do, then go ahead and complete the process online.
Enter your Car Number above OR Fill in Your Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date, and the city you drive in. Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of plan.
Step 2: Choose between a Third-Party Liability Only Car Insurance Policy or a Standard/Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy. Do a little research for other car insurance companies and find out which ones offer online renewal options as well. If there are no major problems with your current car insurance company, then go ahead and renew.
Step 3: Give us details about your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claims made in the last year.
Step 4: Your car insurance premium will now be generated. If you’ve chosen a Standard Plan you can customize it further by selecting car insurance add-ons, setting the IDV, and confirming if you have a CNG car. You will then see the final premium on the next page.
Step 5: Also you need to give the insurer the required chassis number, engine number, photo identity proofs, registration number, start date, and expiry date, etc.
Documents Required for Renewing Expired Car Insurance Policy:
While renewing an expired car insurance policy, make sure that you keep these documents handy to ensure a hassle-free purchase. Mentioned below are some of the important documents that you should keep accessible:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- A copy of the expired car insurance policy
- RTO address associated with the insured car
- Car details including Car Model Number, City, and Date of Registration, Insurance Company, etc.
Things to Do When Your Car Insurance Expires:
Contact your insurance agent immediately- The insurance agent might be able to reinstate your lapsed policy without the need to pay a penalty. Also, you shouldn't make any further delays, especially if you have an old car. The worst-case scenario would be that you will be required to pay higher premiums.
Avoid driving your car - Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere, do not drive your car if your insurance policy has expired. In case you run into an accident, you will have to pay for the damages caused to yourself, your car, and any third party involved.
Purchase the policy immediately - As soon as the inspection is completed by the insurance company, go ahead and buy the insurance policy within 24 hours.
Buy a New Car Policy - Apart from renewing your policy, this is also a good time to purchase new car insurance from a different vendor. An online comparison is a good option.
Documentation - In case of a new policy purchase, keep your basic documents such as the previous year’s policy and Registration Certificate ready. These are the documents that the insurance agent will ask for as a mandatory requirement.
Vehicle survey - When a car insurance policy expires, the insurer will usually send a surveyor to review any pre-existing damages to ensure your eligibility for car insurance. The inspector will decide the predetermined fixed deductible based on the extent of the damage if any. The predetermined fixed deductible is charged in any of your future claims.
Advantages of Buying/Renewing Car Insurance Policy from PolicyBachat:
- Low budget Premium and more coverages
- Zero paperwork & Fast renewal process
- Good Claim Settlement ratio over 30+ top insurance companies
- Car insurance premium calculator more economical and convenient to use
- Instant Policy Issuance, faster process, and Easy quotes comparison quotes
- Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- No Claim Bonus is up to 50% discount
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Cashless claim settlement in several cashless garages
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
- Third-party damage cover for third party property/vehicle, cover for injury caused in an accident.
- Damage to the vehicle due to natural calamities like storms, floods, etc., or any burglary, theft, or act of terrorism.
FAQs of Buy/Renew Expired Car Insurance Online Policy:
How to File a Claim with Your Insurance Provider for an Accident that Occurred on the Road When Your Car was Uninsured?
The accident occurred while the car was uninsured because the driver forgot to take out insurance. The driver should call up their insurance provider and discuss the issue. The insurer will then decide whether they want to settle the claim with a required payment or reject it.
How do I renew my car insurance after it expires?
If your car insurance lapses, immediately inform your insurance company. You can renew the expired policy during the grace period i.e. 90 days from the car insurance expiry date. However, post the expiry of the grace period, you would be required to purchase a new policy.
Can I renew the policy a month before it expires, so I can be safe?
Yes, it is possible to renew your car insurance policy in advance. How soon you can renew is decided by the insurer. You can try renewing online or contact the insurer to know more about it. The ideal way to go about it is to renew the plan as soon as you receive the renewal reminder from the insurance company.
What are the drawbacks of not renewing the car insurance plan before its expiry date?
As car insurance is compulsory, you will not be able to drive legally with an expired policy. This means the police can penalize you. The insurer will also not cover you for losses in case of accidents as the policy has expired. Also, if you fail to renew the policy within 90 days post expiry, your accumulated renewal discount in the form of a No Claim Bonus will go down to zero, leading to a higher premium during policy renewal.
Will I be charged a monetary penalty in case I am caught driving my car with an expired plan?
Yes, you can be charged a monetary penalty in case you are caught driving with an expired car insurance policy. A repeat offense will warrant an additional monetary penalty. The exact payable amount might vary from one location to another.