TATA AIG Car Insurance is a joint venture of the American International Group (AIG) and the TATA group. Now Tata AIG General Insurance offers a complete range of insurance products, including health insurance, motor insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, as well as other specialized products. Tata AIG general insurance is offering high-end insurance solutions to capitalize on rising opportunities present in the retail and commercial fields. And has a good claim settlement ratio of 96.01%.
Another type of car insurance policy is a comprehensive car insurance policy that protects not only against any third-party liability but also against any financial damage to the car that may be caused due to accidents, theft, fire & natural disasters such as lightning, storm, flood, cyclone, etc. or damages which are man-made like vandalism, riots, etc. You can also avail of a Personal Accident Cover which will cover for injuries or God Forbid, any severe physical damage, incurred in an accident.
Benefits & Features of TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy Online:
- Save up to 75% on car insurance premiums by buying your policy online.
- In Tata AIG car insurance claim process is easy and quick. Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- No Claim Bonus is up to 50% discount
- Own Damage cover car insurance covers damages from accidents, man-made disasters, and natural disasters
- Up to 13 add-ons to protect your four-wheeler with an all-around car insurance policy, Add Optional add-on covers like passenger cover and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Our network of over 7500 garages ensures cashless services for your car repairs
- Third-party damage cover for third party property/vehicle, cover for injury caused in an accident.
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
- Quick renewal of your car insurance with an easy 3-step process
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
|Third Party Property Damage
||Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh
|Own Damage Cover
||Coverage for Own Car for Its Loss and Damage
|Personal Accident Cover
||Up to Rs. 15 Lakh
||13 Add-on Covers
||Our 650 claim experts across India ensure an easy and quick claim process for you, 24/7 Claim Assistance
|Savings and Affordable Premiums
||Save up to 75% on car insurance premiums by buying your policy online.
|High Claim Settlement Ratio
||Our 98% claims settlement ratio as of FY 2020-2021 can assure a high settlement ratio for car insurance claims
Why Buy TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
- Protection from third-party liability
- Compliance with the law
- Cover against theft
- Cover against natural calamities
- Personal accident cover
- Protection against financial losses.
Types of TATA AIG Car Insurance Policies:
Are you looking for the best car insurance policy? TATA AIG offers many types of car insurance policies that fulfill your car insurance needs.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- Stand Alone Own Damage Car Insurance Policy
- Stand Alone Third Party Car Insurance Policy
1) TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy:
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a type of car insurance that provides extensive coverage and offers protection to your car against various types of damages. This includes accidental damages, theft or total loss, damage caused by natural disasters such as floods, cyclones, earthquakes, fires, etc., as well as damages from human causes like vandalism, riots, and terrorism.
- Covers the Third-Party Liabilities Arising from an Accident You Caused
- Pays for Damages Sustained by Your Car
- Offers a Personal Accident Cover for the Owner-Driver
- Enhances the Base Coverage with a Range of Attractive Add-ons
- Highest level of protection
- Damage caused to the vehicle due to earthquakes, landslides, cyclones, floods, or riots, etc.
- Damage to the commercial vehicle caused due to an accident.
- Damage caused to a third party by the commercial vehicle.
- Total or partial damage to the commercial vehicle caused by incidents of fire or explosion.
- Loss or damage due to vehicle parts being stolen.
- Injury or death of the driver in case of an accident of the commercial vehicle.
- Accidents caused due to the owner-driver driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Consequential damage that is not a direct result of accident/ natural calamity, etc. damage causes subsequent damage/loss, only the original damage will be covered.
- Accidents caused due to Owner-driver driving without a valid license.
- Damage due to the carelessness of the driver.
2) TATA AIG Own Damage Car Insurance Policy:
Own Damage Insurance protects you from such additional unforeseen expenses. It offers financial security if your vehicle gets damaged in an accident, fire, natural calamities, man-made calamities, theft, etc. Let’s learn more about the Own Damage Insurance Plan, how to buy OD car insurance online, advantages, limitations, etc.
- Damage to your vehicle through third-party liabilities is covered
- Damage due to fire is covered
- Damage due to natural causes is covered
- Comprehensive car insurance covers theft
- Driving without a license is covered
- Damage to wear and tear is covered
- Drunk driving is covered
- Damages due to electrical/mechanical breakdown are covered.
- You can cover these add-ons like Personal Accident Cover, NCB protection, Engine protection, consumables cover, key replacement cover, roadside assistance, and Return to Invoice Cover in TATA AIG on your damaged car insurance.
3) TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy:
his policy covers any bodily injury or death or property damages of any third party that may arise out of an accident with your insured car. The Motor Vehicle Act mandates having this car insurance policy for every car owner, and in its absence, you will have to pay a penalty if caught by the traffic police.
The policy does not cover any damage that is done to your vehicle. It helps you to comply with the law and protect your savings against third-party liabilities such as injuries to someone else or damages to their property. A third-party liability policy will cover you against personal injuries to a third partyand property damages to a third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- For example, your car might accidentally go out of control for a moment and injure a pedestrian walking on the footpath. The Third-party policy will cover the cost to treat such injuries.
- In an unfortunate event, you might accidentally injure a person with your car leading to the person’s death. The Third-party policy will take care of reimbursing the deceased person’s family members.
- Damage to a third person’s property is also covered under a third-party policy. For example, your car might go out of control and crash into someone’s shop along the road. This policy insures you against the expenses arising out of such instances up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- This cover is a part of the third-party property point but is mentioned separately as it is a common occurrence. Your car might run into a third party on the road. The policy will cover damages to the third party as per the terms and conditions.
- A Third-party car insurance policy does not offer its Damage cover. For that, you will have to purchase a Comprehensive plan. Own Damage cover insures you against damage to your car in case of an accident, fire, man-made calamities, natural calamities, and theft.
- Personal Accident cover is mandatory by law. A Third-party policy does not cover you in case of permanent disabilities/death arising out of a car accident. The cover for such instances is Rs. 15 lakh as per the terms and conditions.
- Your Third-party policy will not cover you against situations in which you were found to be violating traffic rules. For example, drunk driving, driving in an intoxicated state, driving without a valid license, etc. will not be covered.
- Your Third-party policy will not offer any cover if you are driving on the streets with an expired car insurance policy.
Why Renew TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
- Instant Quote
- Easy Comparison
- Paperless and Quick Policy Issuance
- Save Money, and customizable
- Safe and secure process.
Tips to Consider before Buying TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy Online:
- Check the Insurance Type
- Check Policy Coverage
- Availability of Add-ons
- Check Insured Declared Value
- Network of Cashless Garages
- Compare Quotes
- Check Claim Settlement Ratio.
What is covered in TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
- Under our comprehensive car insurance policy, we will reimburse you the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the total market value of the car if your car is stolen.
- With a comprehensive car insurance policy or a standalone own damage cover, you will get financial protection against the damages caused by natural disasters like cyclones, floods, snowfall, frost, earthquakes, rainfall, etc.
- The own-damage cover or a comprehensive four-wheeler policy will offer coverage against the damages caused by riots, terrorist attacks, strikes, malicious man-made calamities, etc., along with the fire damages resulting from lightning, explosions, self-ignition, and so on.
- Sometimes you may need to move your car from one location to another through waterways, railways, roadways, airways, etc. The damages caused to the car during transit are covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy.
Your car can suffer minor to major damages based on the severity of the accident. A comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy and a standalone own damage cover will take care of the financial liabilities arising from the repairs necessitated by accident.
In Tata AIG car insurance Third Party Liability will get unlimited coverage i.e. whatever the court awards as your liability to the “Third Party” due to accidental death or injuries caused by your vehicle, will be met with by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd.
In case of your vehicle causing Third Party property damage, Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy will offer to compensate up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
Our comprehensive four-wheeler insurance plans offer Personal Accident Covers of ₹15 lakhs to the owner-drivers. This cover reimburses the emergency medical expenses for the injuries resulting from an accident as well as the cost of carrying the owner-driver to the hospital, such as the ambulance cost. If the owner-driver dies due to the accident, the appointed beneficiary will be paid the predetermined amount.
Theft of the car
Damages due to natural disastersDamages due to man-made calamities and fire
Damages incurred in transit – moving from one location to another through railways, roadways, etc.
Third party liability coverPersonal accident covers for the Owner-driver.
What is not covered in TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
- Consequential loss, depreciation, wear & tear mechanical and electrical breakdown/failure, or breakages are not covered.
- The policy doesn’t cover loss or liability while the vehicle is used outside the scope of limitations of use and/or being driven by a person not duly licensed.
- Accidental loss or damage caused due to wilful Negligence is not covered.
- Damage due to nuclear or radioactivity or nuclear weapons, war, and related activities.
- Accidental loss or damage suffered during the insured or any person driving with the knowledge and consent of the insured is under the influence of stimulating liquor or drugs are not covered.
- The Private Car Policy covers other than Hire or Reward, Carriage of goods (personal luggage), Organized racing, Pacemaking, Speed Testing, Reliability Trials, Use in connection with Motor Trade.
- Policy deductibles are not covered as per the terms and conditions of TATA AIG Car Insurance Company.
How to Claim TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
- Report the incident
- Register your claim
- Inspection of damages
- Submit the documents
- Claim settlement.
Factors Effecting Car Insurance Premium of TATA AIG Car Insurance:
Most car insurance policy purchases are decided on the cost of the four-wheeler insurance policy. Owner-drivers compare car insurance policies based on the premium to be paid and generally choose the lowest priced one. Therefore, if you wish to choose a cost-effective car insurance plan, you need to know the factors affecting the premium. Here they are:
- Age of the car
- Insured declared value
- Type of Insurance coverage
- Engine capacity
- Claims history
Factors like car insurance add-on covers, discounts, the purpose of the vehicle, and safety features such as airbags and anti-theft devices will also be taken into consideration while calculating your car insurance premium. Below are a few premium samples for your better understanding.
||Zero depreciation cover
||10. 34 lakh
TATA AIG Cashless Network Garages:
Add-ons/Riders that are covered in Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy:
You can build up your Tata AIG car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the Tata AIG car insurance policy is mentioned below. You also get to choose add-on covers of your choice with your Car Insurance policy and with our 24x7 toll-free customer service.
Return to Invoice Value Protection: Return to Invoice is an add-on option that covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of your bike along with the registration and other applicable taxes.
Daily Reimbursement: You can have the facility of daily reimbursement if you buy the additional car insurance services from Tata AIG general insurance. The Company will pay a daily cash benefit to the insured if his/her vehicle is in the garage for more than 3 days.
Key & Lock Protection: Loss or damage to the keys or lock of your car arising out of an insured event, you will be compensated for the cost incurred in fitting or purchasing new lock or keys or replacement of keys of your insured car. Generally, in case of theft or robbery attempt of your car, burglars use duplicate keys to make unauthorized entry into your vehicle which would damage the lockset of your car door. The cost of purchase or replacement of your car keys would be covered under the Keys &Locks replacement add-on on payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
Personal Belongings: Under this add-on, the insured is indemnified for the loss or damage caused to his/her baggage kept in the insured car due to an insured peril. Personal baggage generally includes clothing, toiletries, perfumes, bags, and suitcases, or other daily essentials. Baggage insurance compensates for the loss of baggage due to theft or burglary or due to an accident. However, certain items such as Gold, silver items and other precious metals are not covered in addition to the luxury items such as Laptops, Mobiles, etc.
Zero Depreciation Protection: Depreciation is taken into consideration at the time of claim settlement by the insurance company. As a normal rule, each year 10% or more of the car value would be depreciated depending on the parts which are damaged due to an accident. The depreciation cost is the amount that is deducted from your claim amount due to normal wear and tear caused to your car over some time. This depreciation cost would be given to the customer at the time of claim settlement if the depreciation shield is added to the policy at the time of purchase.
Personal Accident Cover: You can avail of this cover for yourself, for the driver of your vehicle, and unnamed passengers as per the seating capacity of the vehicle. The Personal Accident cover to protect the owner/driver is available for Rs. 15 lacs.
Repair of Glass Fiber and Plastic Parts: This add on lets you have the damaged glass, fiber, and plastic parts repaired from the garage and then raise a claim for the damages without affecting your No Claim Bonus discount. However, for each policy year, only one repair claim is allowed against your comprehensive four wheeler insurance policy.
Emergency Transport and Hotel Expenses: Should your car meet with an accident and you’re unable to reach your destination, this add-on pays your overnight accommodation expenses in a hotel and the travel charges to go back home or to the city closest to your destination.
Engine Protection Cover: If you stay in a flood-prone area, this add-on helps you file a claim for repairing or replacing the engine without incurring an extra cost. The comprehensive four wheeler insurance policy does not cover your engine’s protection. This add-on is not effective for old car engines that have undergone extensive wear and tear.
How to Buy TATA AIG Car Insurance Online?
You can now instantly purchase a Tata AIG General Insurance Private Car insurance policy online, avail yourself of the benefit of calculating premium and choose the insurance plan that would best suit your needs. Buying car insurance online can be done through a simple three step process on our website as per your convenience. Follow these simple steps to avail a policy within minutes:
- Fill in the required details and select a new policy or renew the policy
- Give the personal details; select the policy coverage and add-ons of your choice.
- You will get an instant car insurance premium quote. If you are satisfied with the quote, you can proceed to pay the premium online.
How to Renew TATA AIG Car Insurance Online?
With Tata Aig General Insurance, car insurance renewal is a quick and hassle-free process. With Zero paperwork and speedy processing, you can renew your car insurance policy in no time. The renewal process is more or less the same as buying a new policy and can be done through three simple steps.
- Go to the TATA AIG car insurance renewal page
- Fill in the required details and car registration number as well
- Click on the renew option
- Choose the required add-ons such as zero depreciation, roadside assistance cover, Return to invoice cover, Engine protection cover, NCB, and Tyre secure, etc.
- Make sure the information handy about any claims made in the premium is generated and displayed on the screen.
- Complete the car insurance premium payment online, and your expired policy is renewed.
Buy/Renew Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy with PolicyBachat:
At PolicyBachat.com renew Tata AIG's car insurance policy online is easy and quickly sitting at home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your policy within 5 minutes.
- Go to 'Car Insurance Online' to compare quotes above this article. Fill in the registration number of your car and required details and tap on 'Start Save Money.
- On the quotes section, choose an insurer for a new car insurance policy, or for renewing select the one to suit your needs, go with the current provider or switch to the new one to get more benefits and coverage.
- Make the payment and you will receive the confirmation at your email address. If need assistance call: 1800-123-4003.
How to Claim TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy?
A claim against your car insurance policy can either be cashless or in the form of reimbursement of costs. Here is what you need to file a claim against your policy. An insurance claim is an official request made by the policyholder to the insurance company for compensating for the loss/damage involving his/her insured car. The amount of claim that the policyholder is entitled to entirely depends on the type of policy purchased. TATA AIG General Insurance allows its policyholders to make instant claims and provides quick and convenient claim settlements.
Step 1: To register your claim online, you need to log in to your Tata AIG online and click on 'Claim'. Once you are redirected to the online claim form, you will need to furnish the following information:
- Your Car insurance policy number
- A few personal details, including your name, number, and address, the license details of the driver
- A few details regarding the incident
- A copy of the FIR if there was an accident
- Specify the third-party property was damaged
- Enter all the details, click the ‘submit’ button.
Step 2: After your claim is registered with us, we will provide you with a Claim Registration Number. State this number in all your communication concerning the claim status and settlement.
Step 3: After you have filed a claim and submitted all the required documents, an inspector or surveyor will visit you to assess the damages caused by the incident.
Step 4: If you choose a network garage, you can make a cashless claim and get your repairs done without the need to pay anything out of your pocket. If you cannot reach one of our network garages, you can take your vehicle to your trusted garage and pay for the repairs on your own. The cost of repairs borne by you at a non-network garage will be reimbursed against your car insurance cover.
Step 5: Once repair work to your vehicle has been completed, we will move to settle the claim after a thorough inspection of your policy documents; add-on covers additional discounts and claims history. Once all your car insurance claim related documents have been verified, we extend our settlement offer for the cost of repairs.
Documents Required for TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim:
- A verified copy of the FIR
- Vehicle registration certificate
- A copy of driver’s license
- A copy of policy documents
- The original keys to the vehicle
- Duly signed RTO transfer papers
- No trace Report from the police in cases of theft of the vehicle
- The claim form, duly filled and signed by the insured.
FAQs of TATA AIG Car Insurance:
Can I transfer my No Claim Bonus if I want to switch over to another insurance company?
Yes, you can make the most of the benefits of your No Claim Bonus when you switch over to another insurance company. In such cases, the applicate rate of discount remains constant, if you can show proof that you are eligible for No Claim Bonus from your previous insurer on the last policy year. This proof can be in the form of a confirmation letter from your previous insurer or through a renewal notice.
How to Find Tata Aig Car Insurance Policy Number?
For insurance policy numbers you can directly contact the insurance company from which you have taken the insurance policy and submit your details such as phone number, email id, or other details such as Engine number and Chassis number.
Is Tata Aig Car Insurance Good?
Buying car insurance offered by TATA AIG car insurance has a lot of benefits. It provides excellent coverage at the settlement. It provides different insurance plans to protect your car.
How to Download TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy Copy?
TATA AIG Car insurance policy copy can be checked by contacting the intermediary from whom the policy was taken or the insurance policy copy can be found on the mParivahan app which displays the start date and end date of the insurance policy. If you can remember the intermediary from whom the policy was taken you can talk to them about the status of the policy or in case you have taken the Tata AIG general insurance policy from PolicyBachat then you can call our customer care to enquire on the insurance policy.
Is Tata AIG Good For Car Insurance?
Tata AIG car insurance is a good option of availing insurance cover for your car. Tata AIG Car Insurance is a convenient company for the car insurance policy. They mainly focus on the product is very convenient and less expensive as compared to other expensive insurance plans. Their insurance policy offers optimum protection to the insured vehicle by covering it for own damage, third party liability, natural calamities, etc.