Oriental Car Insurance Price List in India
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. was integrated at Mumbai on 12th September 1947. The Company was a wholly owned subsidiary of The Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Ltd and was formed to carry out General Insurance business. In 2003 all shares of the Company held by the General Insurance Corporation of India were transferred to the Central Government. The cost of Oriental car insurance varies depending on the type of policy that you choose to buy.
The company provides great and innovative products for its customers. Car insurance is one of them. Oriental Car Insurance claim settlement ratio of 91.5% and efficiency ratio of 87.1% compared to all the other car insurance companies. The company offers a single plan called Motor Package Insurance Policy for its customers. This plan is packed with all the essential benefits that a person & his/her car may need at the time of an emergency.
Oriental Car Insurance Plans has been deliberated to gratify the need of protection cover for our cherished vehicle. Likewise to its various other plans, ensures all the range of misfortune events are well covered under its Car Insurance Plan. Any Death or injury to driver-owner, Damage to the vehicle, or any liability to third party all is covered under the plan.
Oriental Car insurance plans are offered in three categories, which are:-
- Private Car Insurance Plan
- Commercial Vehicle Plan
- Liability Only Plan
Types of Oriental Car Insurance Plans:
Oriental Insurance offers car insurance plans to cover your vehicle against any damages that may be incurred to you or by your vehicle. Motor insurance plans keeps you financially protected in case of an unfortunate accident that may cause disability, property damage, or death. You can insure your car and stay financially protected.
1. Oriental Private Car Insurance Plan
Oriental Private Car insurance plan protects you from Loss or damage to private car caused by Burglary, Housebreaking or Theft, Fire, Explosion, Self-Ignition & Lightening, Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide or Rockslide, Inundation, Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, Malicious Acts.
Oriental Private Car insurance offers two types of car insurance plans:
a.) Third party liability car insurance
- Third party liability cover
- Comprehensive car insurance
Oriental third party covers all third party liabilities like bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death of a third party as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. Under the third-party cover, you also get covered against accident. The owner-driver gets a personal accidental cover with coverage up to an amount of Rs. 2 lakhs in the case of death or permanent disability caused while driving the insured car.
b.) Comprehensive car insurance
In addition to all third party liabilities, a comprehensive policy also provides insurance for damages incurred by the insured’s car in any road accident, natural/man-made calamity, theft, fire, etc.
What is covered in Oriental Private Car Package Policy?
- Accidental Loss of or damage to the Vehicle
- Liability to third parties, Personal Accident cover to owner-driver
- Various Add on Covers on extra premium
What is not covered under the Oriental Private Car Package Policy?
- Damage by a person driving without a valid driving license
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown and failure
- Damage to tyres/tubes of the Car, unless damage to the vehicle in the accident with liability
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor/Alcohol/Drugs
- Depreciation, any consequential loss
- Loss/Damage attributable to War/Mutiny/Nuclear risks
- Damage, outside India unless covered by extra premium for Nepal, Bhutan & Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka &Maldives.
2. Oriental Commercial Vehicle Insurance Plan
The oriental commercial vehicle plan is calculated to cater the protection needs of vehicles used for commercial purposes. Such vehicles generally travel to larger distances and on roads which are not well maintained. The value of the goods is associated with the vehicle carrying it and hence the insurance to cover both is more critical.
Benefits & Features:
- Accidental death benefits for driver-owner of the vehicle
- The coverage period is for one year, however shorter duration covers are also available
- No coverage in case of damage to property
- Coverage for Pan India Locations
- Nil Depreciation cover in the plan is available on additional premium to cover the full value of parts in claim of partial damages to the vehicle.
- The insured declared value, shall be projected as the sum insured for the vehicle.
3. Oriental Liability Only Insurance Plan
This has been considered to meet the requirements as per mandatory clauses of Motor Vehicles Act. This plan covers two most critical aspects of the motor vehicle’s act.
Personal accident cover: A personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh is provided for individual owner driver of the vehicle insured while traveling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. The cover is for death and any kind of permanent disability
Third Party Liability: Liability Only plan in third-party provides complete protection against legal liability arising due to accidental damages, any permanent injury/ death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property.
Exclusions under Oriental Car Insurance Plans:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, depreciation, wear and tear.
- In the event of any loss or damage or liability which has happened beyond the geographic area as defined in the plan
- For any loss or damage in case the vehicle is being driven by any third person other than a Driver as stated in the Driver’s clause.
- Vehicles being driven without a valid license
- In the event of any war and nuclear perils.
How to Renew Oriental Car Insurance Policy?
It is important to renew it before the expiry date. Usually, Oriental car insurance renewal is an easy online process. You easily renew your Oriental car insurance policy online in a matter of a few clicks. You can opt out of the features that you don’t want to avail of and save some premium. You can also opt for the benefits that you were missing from your policy. Renewal of the insurance policy online is the simplest way.
- Visit their official website.
- At the top of their website you could see the “RENEW” tab.
- When you click on the RENEW tab, you will be taken to another webpage, where you have an option to select whether it is an old OICL policy or non-OICL policy. Select accordingly and fill out the rest of the details including policy number, other policy details.
- Then, proceed to premium payment. If need help call oriental car insurance customer care number: 1800-118-485.
- You can pay the premium through Visa or MasterCard, Credit and Debit Cards, RuPay Debit Cards, payment through Internet Banking, E-Wallets / Cash Cards, UPI, & IMPS.
At PolicyBachat.com renewing an oriental car insurance policy online is easy and quickly sitting at home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your policy within 5 minutes.
- Go to 'Car Insurance Online' to compare quotes above this article. Fill in the registration number of your car and required details and tap on 'Start Save Money.
- On the quotes section, either go with your current provider or choose another one to suit your needs.
- Make the payment and you will receive the confirmation at your email address. If assistance needs Call: 1800-123-4003.
How to Claim Oriental Car Insurance?
To register claims with the Oriental Insurance Company, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
For accidental injuries:
- Immediately contact the policy issuance office and Inform Oriental Insurance about the accident/theft/third-party claim. You can do the same by visiting the official website of the company.
- Login to your account. The company will demand several details from you such as policy number, date & time of theft/accident, the car's location, insured's name & contact number, etc.
- You have to submit a claim form along with various documents such as photocopies (of driving license, policy & RC), car's photos, survey reports, damage estimates, bill of final repair, FIR report, No Trace Report, etc.
- Once this is done, the surveyor/company's executive will check the damages, get the repairs done in Oriental's cashless garage, and release the claim in no time. For more information, you can connect with the team of Oriental Insurance Company.
For accidental death:
- The policyholder should immediately send a written notice to the insurance company with all relevant documents.
- The claim form should be duly filled in and submitted along with the following documentation:
- Medical certificate that specifies the nature of the injuries
- Report from the medical examiner
- Details of the treatment availed
- Name of the hospital/nursing home/doctor
- Employer’s certificate that states that the policyholder was on leave for the duration specified in the claim
- Fitness certificate of the policyholder
The following documents need to be submitted by the claimant in the event of an accidental death:
- FIR or police report
- Post-mortem report
- Departmental inquiry, if applicable
- Report from the hospital/nursing home/doctor
- Death certificate
The Oriental car insurance claim process is easy and hassle-free if you follow the guidelines and report the incident on time. The insurer also resolves all claims and makes the necessary pay-outs within the shortest possible time.
- If your car has been stolen, you should immediately inform the office from where the policy was issued.
- You should also submit a written notification to Oriental Insurance.
- The insurer will t
hen designates a surveyor for investigations. It is also necessary to notify the police and file an FIR.
- Any delays in notifying the police or the insurance company may jeopardize the claim settlement process.
Benefits and Features of Oriental Car Insurance Policy:
Oriental Car Insurance comes with a wide range of features and benefits to make your protection complete and comprehensive:
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Cashless claim settlement in over 2,000+ cashless garages
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
Oriental Car Insurance Add-ons/Riders:
You can enhance your Oriental car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the Oriental car insurance policy is mentioned below:
NCB Protection: NCB is the No claim bonus which is offered to auto insurance customers at the time of renewal if there is no claim during the previous policy period. The no-claim bonus is a form of discount offered to the customers for not claiming in the previous policy period.
Return to Invoice Value Protection: Return to Invoice is an add-on option that covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of your bike along with the registration and other applicable taxes.
Engine Protection: Engine protector provides financial protection to the insured against any repair or loss of the car’s engine due to leakage of lubricant oil or damage to the engine box due to water ingression. If you stay in a low-lying area that has a huge probability of floods during the monsoon season and driving in water-clogged areas also results in malfunction of the engine. Without this add-on, standalone damage to the engine is not covered under your comprehensive car insurance policy.
Key & Lock Protection: Loss or damage to the keys or lock of your car arising out of an insured event, you will be compensated for the cost incurred in fitting or purchasing new lock or keys or replacement of keys of your insured car. Generally, in case of theft or robbery attempt of your car, burglars use duplicate keys to make unauthorized entry into your vehicle which would damage the lockset of your car door. This lockset needs replacement which is covered under the Keys & Locks replacement add-on of Oriental car insurance. The cost of purchase or replacement of your car keys would be covered under the Keys &Locks replacement add-on on payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
Consumables Protection: There are certain parts in your four wheeler car such as Engine oil, Gearbox oil, Power steering oil, Coolant, AC oil, Brake oil, Air filter, etc., which are known as Consumable parts. These parts cannot be repaired in case of damage and had to be replaced at the time of claim. The cost of replacement of these parts, in case of an accident, is generally not covered under your comprehensive four wheeler car insurance policy.
Roadside Assistance: We all need a bit of help sometimes! Whenever you face a breakdown of your car on the road, due to an accident, flat tires, malfunctioning battery, or more, with our breakdown assistance add-on, you will have the benefit of getting assistance 24x7.
How to Calculate Premium of Oriental Car Insurance?
The premium of Oriental car insurance depends on several factors viz. type, IDV of vehicle, make, model, cc, usage, place of registration, past claims history, etc. of the vehicle. You can approach the underwriting office with vehicle details for an exact premium or simply use a car insurance premium calculator. Below are a few premium samples for your better understanding.
||Zero depreciation cover
||10. 34 lakh
FAQs of Oriental Car Insurance:
How Can We Check Policy Number Of Oriental Car Insurance?
For insurance policy numbers you can directly contact the oriental insurance company from which you have taken the insurance policy and submit your details such as phone number, email id, or other details such as Engine number and Chassis number.
How to Check Oriental Car Insurance Policy Status?
Oriental Car Insurance Policy Status can be checked by contacting the intermediary from whom the policy was taken or the insurance policy status can be found on the mParivahan app which displays the start date and end date of the insurance policy. If you can remember the intermediary from whom the policy was taken you can talk to them about the status of the policy or in case if you have taken the policy from PolicyBachat then you can call our customer care to enquire on the insurance policy status.
How to Download Oriental Car Insurance Policy Copy?
Oriental Car insurance policy copy can be checked by contacting the intermediary from whom the policy was taken or alternatively the insurance policy copy can be found on the mParivahan app which displays the start date and end date of the insurance policy. If you can remember the intermediary from whom the policy was taken you can talk to them about the status of the policy or in case if you have taken the oriental general insurance policy from PolicyBachat then you can call our customer care to enquire on the insurance policy.
What is the policy cancellation process for Oriental Car Insurance?
You can submit the policy documents in your nearest branch. The refunds will be directly credited in your bank account, after deducting applicable cancellation charges.