Acko Car Insurance is a digital insurance company that offers car insurance policies in India. The company aims to simplify the insurance buying process and make it more transparent. Acko offers comprehensive car insurance policies that cover damages to the insured car, third-party liability, personal accident cover, and more. Acko Car Insurance has received positive reviews from customers for its user-friendly online platform and fast claim settlement process. However, like any insurance company, there may be cases where customers may face issues with claim settlements or policy coverage.
Acko General Insurance is one of the private sector general insurance providers in India. The company was founded in November 2016 and follows a complete online leading model of selling insurance products. The company offers a bunch of retail products like car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, mobile insurance, etc. The cost of Acko car insurance varies depending on the type of policy that you choose to buy. The car insurer offers all three types of policies namely third party car insurance policies, standalone own-damage car insurance policies, as well as comprehensive car insurance policies.
Acko General Insurance understands that car insurance is a simple and effective way to protect your car from unforeseen risks such as accidents, thefts, fire, natural disasters, or third-party liabilities. To secure your car from various types of damages and losses, the insurance company offers two types of car insurance policies namely third-party car insurance policies and comprehensive car insurance policies both of which are available at affordable premium rates. In addition to these, the insurer also provides personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakh to compensate for permanent disability or death while driving.
Acko Car insurance saves costs, comply with the law, and stays hassle-free with ACKO’s online car insurance policy. Stay safe Car insurance, also called auto or motor insurance, is a simple and effective way to protect your car from unforeseen risks such as accidents, thefts, fire, natural disasters, or third-party liabilities. Drive legal having valid third-party car insurance is mandatory by law when you are driving a car in India. Having good car insurance is a necessity to protect you from financial losses that come along with road accidents.
||Zero depreciation cover
||10. 34 lakh
Types of Acko Car Insurance Policies:
Are you looking for the best car insurance policy? Acko Car Insurance provides different types of motor insurance policies for unique insurance needs.
1)Acko Third-Party Car Insurance:
This policy covers any bodily injury or death or property damages of any third party that may arise out of an accident with your insured car. The Motor Vehicle Act mandates having this car insurance policy for every car owner, and in its absence, you will have to pay a penalty if caught by the traffic police.
The policy does not cover any damage that is done to your vehicle. It helps you to comply with the law and protect your savings against third-party liabilities such as injuries to someone else or damages to their property. A third-party liability policy will cover you against personal injuries to a third party and property damages to a third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
a.) What’s covered in a Third-party Car Insurance Policy?
- There might be an instance where your car accidentally injures a third party. For example, your car might accidentally go out of control for a moment and injure a pedestrian walking on the footpath. The Third-party policy will cover the cost to treat such injuries.
- In an unfortunate event, you might accidentally injure a person with your car leading to the person’s death. The Third-party policy will take care of reimbursing the deceased person’s family members.
- Damage to a third person’s property is also covered under a third-party policy. For example, your car might go out of control and crash into someone’s shop along the road. This policy insures you against the expenses arising out of such instances up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- This cover is a part of the third-party property point but is mentioned separately as it is a common occurrence. Your car might run into a third party on the road. The policy will cover damages to the third party as per the terms and conditions.
b.) What is not covered in a Third-party Car Insurance Policy?
- Damage to your Car: A Third-party car insurance policy does not offer its Damage cover. For that, you will have to purchase a Comprehensive plan. Own Damage cover insures you against damage to your car in case of an accident, fire, man-made calamities, natural calamities, and theft.
- Personal Accident Cover: Personal Accident cover is mandatory by law. A Third-party policy does not cover you in case of permanent disabilities/death arising out of a car accident. The cover for such instances is Rs. 15 lakh as per the terms and conditions.
- Violating Rules while Driving: Your Third-party policy will not cover you against situations in which you were found to be violating traffic rules. For example, drunk driving, driving in an intoxicated state, driving without a valid license, etc. will not be covered.
- Expired Car Insurance Policy: Your Third-party policy will not offer any cover if you are driving on the streets with an expired car insurance policy.
2) Commercial Acko Car Insurance:
A Commercial Car Insurance is a customized motor insurance policy to cover for damages and losses caused to or by a commercial vehicle and the respective owner-driver. This could include damages and losses in situations such as accidents, collisions, natural calamities, fires, etc. If your business owns one or many cars, it’s essential to get commercial car insurance that will financially protect and cover your business from any losses and damages caused to and by your vehicles and the people using them.
a.) What is covered in Commercial Car Insurance?
- Damage caused to the vehicle due to earthquakes, landslides, cyclones, floods, or riots, etc.
- Damage to the commercial vehicle caused due to an accident.
- Damage caused to a third party by the commercial vehicle.
- Total or partial damage to the commercial vehicle caused by incidents of fire or explosion.
- Loss or damage due to vehicle parts being stolen.
- Injury or death of the driver in case of an accident of the commercial vehicle.
b.) What is not covered in Commercial Car Insurance?
- Accidents caused due to the owner-driver driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Consequential damage that is not a direct result of accident/ natural calamity, etc. damage causes subsequent damage/loss, only the original damage will be covered.
- Accidents caused due to Owner-driver driving without a valid license.
- Damage due to the carelessness of the driver.
3) Own Damage Acko Car Insurance:
Own Damage Insurance protects you from such additional unforeseen expenses. It offers financial security if your vehicle gets damaged in an accident, fire, natural calamities, man-made calamities, theft, etc. Let’s learn more about the Own Damage Insurance Plan, how to buy OD car insurance online, advantages, limitations, etc.
What is covered in Own Damage Car Insurance?
- Damage to your vehicle through third-party liabilities is covered
- Damage due to fire is covered
- Damage due to natural causes is covered
- Comprehensive car insurance covers theft
- Driving without a license is covered
- Damage to wear and tear is covered
- Drunk driving is covered
- Damages due to electrical/mechanical breakdown are covered.
- You can cover these add-ons like Personal Accident Cover, NCB protection, Engine protection, consumables cover, key replacement cover, roadside assistance, and Return to Invoice Cover in Acko on your damaged car insurance.
4) Basic Acko Comprehensive Car Insurance:
A comprehensive car insurance policy by Acko General Insurance offers complete protection against damages/injury/death due to an accident. The policy covers expenses arising from the damage of the insured vehicle, injury/death of third-party and also the policyholder.
Acko comprehensive car insurance policy insures your car against damages caused by accidents, fire, theft, natural or man-made calamities, vandalism, and damages that occurred in a riot. All these ensure that you can take your car on the streets without any worry of expenses incurred after an accident.
What is covered in Comprehensive Car Insurance?
- Damage to your vehicle is covered
- Damage due to fire is covered
- Damage due to natural causes is covered
- Comprehensive car insurance covers theft
- Damage to third-party vehicles is covered
- You can cover these add-ons like Personal Accident Cover, NCB protection, Engine protection, and Return to Invoice Cover in the Acko comprehensive car insurance.
Comprehensive Super Saver Acko Car Insurance: Enjoy Comprehensive super saver car insurance cover benefits and superior claim experience. During claims, ACKO will pick up your car, repair it at one of our partner garages, and deliver it back at no extra cost. If you fail to inform ACKO before any claim-related repairs, you will have to pay Rs. 5,000 as a deductible.
5) Basic Acko Zero Depreciation Car Insurance:
Zero depreciation car insurance protects your vehicle against all odds of collision damage, physical damages without considering depreciation into account, this impacts the complete coverage for damage caused. It is important to know what zero depreciation in car insurance is, as this add-on plays a crucial role at the time of claim settlement.
What is covered in Zero Depreciation Car Insurance?
Zero Depreciation add-on covers help save more money for customers as without nil depreciation customers have to shell out more money for the claim. The cost of depreciation of parts is to be borne by the insured if the Zero Depreciation cover is not opted for. But with a Zero Depreciation cover, the cost of depreciation will be reimbursed by the insurance company.
- Higher Claim Amount: Opting for the Zero Depreciation car insurance helps the insured get a higher claim amount compared to that of the claim amount with comprehensive cover. The amount for depreciation can form a considerable portion of the overall claim amount.
- Less Investment More Coverage: The premium paid for Car insurance Zero Depreciation Cover is quite less compared to the coverage it offers. The premium for Zero depreciation in car insurance would normally be a percentage of comprehensive premiums. So more coverage can be obtained by paying fewer premiums. Zero depreciation car insurance premium calculators are used to arrive at the premium.
What is not covered in Zero Depreciation Car Insurance?
- Regular wear and Tear of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by un-insured accessories.
- Damage caused by an uninsured peril
- Damages caused by mechanical breakdown
Zero Depreciation Smart Saver Acko Car Insurance: Zero depreciation smart saver car insurance covers during a claim, we pay for everything, you just pay ₹5,000 above IRDAI/Govt. mandated charges as a deductible. This gives reliable savings to safe drivers who think the chances of them filing a claim are less.
Zero Depreciation Super Saver Acko Car Insurance: Zero depreciation super saver car insurance has superior claim experience. During claims, ACKO will pick up your car, repair it at one of our partner garages, and deliver it back at no extra cost. If you fail to inform ACKO before any claim related repairs, you will have to pay Rs. 5,000 as a deductible.
6) Personal Accident Cover Acko Car Insurance:
Personal Accident Cover is an Add-on cover, to your car insurance. It is mandatory by law to own a Personal Accident Cover along with the Third-party Insurance Plan. It covers both permanent disability/death while driving a car.
A personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh is provided for the individual owner-driver of the vehicle insured while traveling in, mounting, or dismounting from the vehicle. The cover is for death and any kind of permanent disability. Available Acko personal accident Cover of Rs. 15 lakh for permanent disability/death while driving.
Benefits and Features of Acko Car Insurance Policy:
Acko Car Insurance comes with a wide range of features and benefits to make your protection complete and comprehensive:
- Avail wide network of cashless garages service.
- No Claim Bonus is up to 50% discount
- Add Optional add-ons covers and customize your policy. Select from a list of smart rider options, available for an additional premium.
- Guaranteed 24*7 customer support for any queries related to the policy and intimation of a claim call: 1800-123-4003.
- Decision on claims approval within 7 working days from the receipt of all documents.
- Specific car insurance products are designed to cater to the different needs of policyholders.
- Acko Cashless garages list is over 1,300+
- 1-hour pickup for the selected area, instant repairs, and 3-day doorstep delivery at no extra cost
- Third-party damage cover for third party property/vehicle, cover for injury caused in an accident.
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal, or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
- Accidental damages while driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- Accidental damages during war or similar conditions
- Any claims against an incident when your insurance policy was not active.
- Cost of repair/replacement of parts that are damaged due to regular wear and tear and not related to any incident like accident, theft, fire, flood, etc.
- Any claims against an incident where you were driving without a valid driving license.
- Any claims related to personal items stolen from your car.
Acko Car Insurance Add-ons/Riders:
You can enhance your Acko car insurance cover with extra coverage in the form of add-ons or riders on payment of extra premium at the time of policy purchase. The list of add-ons offered by the Acko car insurance policy is mentioned below:
NCB Protection: NCB is the No claim bonus which is offered to auto insurance customers at the time of renewal if there is no claim during the previous policy period. The no-claim bonus is a form of discount offered to the customers for not claiming in the previous policy period.
Return to Invoice Value Protection: Return to Invoice is an add-on option that covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of your bike along with the registration and other applicable taxes.
Engine Protection: Engine protector provides financial protection to the insured against any repair or loss of the car’s engine due to leakage of lubricant oil or damage to the engine box due to water ingression. If you stay in a low-lying area that has a huge probability of floods during the monsoon season and driving in water-clogged areas also results in malfunction of the engine. Without this add-on, standalone damage to the engine is not covered under your comprehensive car insurance policy.
Key & Lock Protection: Loss or damage to the keys or lock of your car arising out of an insured event, you will be compensated for the cost incurred in fitting or purchasing new lock or keys or replacement of keys of your insured car. Generally, in case of theft or robbery attempt of your car, burglars use duplicate keys to make unauthorized entry into your vehicle which would damage the lockset of your car door. This lockset needs replacement which is covered under the Keys & Locks replacement add-on of Acko car insurance. The cost of purchase or replacement of your car keys would be covered under the Keys &Locks replacement add-on on payment of additional premium at the time of policy purchase.
Consumables Protection: There are certain parts in your four wheeler car such as Engine oil, Gearbox oil, Power steering oil, Coolant, AC oil, Brake oil, Air filter, etc., which are known as Consumable parts. These parts cannot be repaired in case of damage and had to be replaced at the time of claim. The cost of replacement of these parts, in case of an accident, is generally not covered under your comprehensive four wheeler car insurance policy.
Roadside Assistance: We all need a bit of help sometimes! Whenever you face a breakdown of your car on the road, due to an accident, flat tires, malfunctioning battery, or more, with our breakdown assistance add-on, you will have the benefit of getting assistance 24x7.
Personal Belongings: Under this add-on, the insured is indemnified for the loss or damage caused to his/her baggage kept in the insured car due to an insured peril. Personal baggage generally includes clothing, toiletries, perfumes, bags, and suitcases, or other daily essentials. Baggage insurance compensates for the loss of baggage due to theft or burglary or due to an accident. However, certain items such as Gold, silver items and other precious metals are not covered in addition to the luxury items such as Laptops, Mobiles, etc.
Depreciation Protection: Depreciation is taken into consideration at the time of claim settlement by the insurance company. As a normal rule, each year 10% or more of the car value would be depreciated depending on the parts which are damaged due to an accident. The depreciation cost is the amount that is deducted from your claim amount due to normal wear and tear caused to your car over some time. This depreciation cost would be given to the customer at the time of claim settlement if the depreciation shield is added to the policy at the time of purchase.
FAQs of Acko Car Insurance:
How to Claim Acko Car Insurance?
You can raise a claim by visiting www.acko.com or by calling us on 1800-266-2256. While raising a claim, you should provide the following information:
- Your contact number or the vehicle number
- Policy number
- Description of the incident and photographs of the vehicle (if possible)
- First Information Report (FIR) in case of theft, or damage to any third-party or their property
- You will also get a periodic status update on your claims. Also, the process might vary depending upon the nature of the claim.
Is Acko Car Insurance Good?
Yes, Acko car insurance is good it provides good insurance purchase or claims, coverages add-ons, etc. Acko general insurance is reliable when it comes to insurance purchases or claims. The company has a good claim settlement ratio of 95%. The claim settlement is quick and hassle-free as the entire process can be done online.
Why should I Renew ACKO Car Insurance?
The top reasons for ACKO car insurance renewal are mentioned below.
- Low premiums owing to digital process and no commissions involved
- Exclusive plans that you won’t find anywhere else
- Great claims service. Claim-related repairs managed by ACKO. Doorstep pick-up and drop off your car. 3-day claim settlement turnaround for most claims.
- Acko general insurance is licensed by IRDAI.
- Acko car insurance delivers policy instantly. All online with no paperwork involved.
How Acko Car Insurance Calculated Online?
Acko car insurance calculator depend on the following factors. There is no standard list of insurers who provide the lowest car insurance price in India for all types of cars.
- IDV of Car: Insured Declared Value of the car is its manufacturer’s showroom listed price minus the cost of depreciation. IDV also equals the maximum insured sum.
- Make and Model: Your car’s model and make also decide the premium price of the insurance policy.
- Age of Car: The more the age of the car, the more will be the car insurance premium price and vice versa.
- Add-Ons Purchased: The cost of availing of add-on covers adds to the car insurance premium cost. The more the add-ons purchased, the higher will be the car insurance policy’s premium price but the more will be the insurance coverage.
- Geographical Location: The car insurance premium is also affected by the location of the RTO at which the car is registered. Two car insurance policies for the same car and from the same insurer will be different for cars registered in different cities or in different areas of the same city.
The price of a car insurance policy from Acko would depend on various factors such as the make and model of the car, the age of the car, the coverage options selected, and the customer's driving history. Customers can also opt for additional add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, engine protection, and roadside assistance, which can impact the overall cost of the policy. Therefore, it is recommended that customers visit the Acko website or app, or speak to an Acko representative to obtain a personalized quote for car insurance and determine the price of the policy based on their specific requirements.