Best Health Insurance Policy in India for Senior Citizens
The human life goes through several different stages, from a toddler to a youth, to the middle age and finally, the old age.
Each stage has its own pros and cons. But the toughest stage of a person's life is supposedly the old age, a time of your life when you might have to go through health degradations, loss of physical strength and worst of all, dependency on others both financially or physically. Especially, when you are physically weak or suffering from various illnesses, the dependency factor might not always prove to be a sweet one.
This is when a Health Insurance Policy can come to your aid and help you pay for your sicknesses by yourself. Getting a medical policy at a young age is easy but if you are planning for a mediclaim health insurance policy at an older age, the process gets a lot more stringent with more restrictions.
Importance of health insurance policy for senior citizens
Old age is a time of your life when your income is almost negligible while expenditures over health issues are manifold. Health insurance India at this stage offers you financial support. You might not understand the importance of a medical insurance when you are young; its importance is greatly felt in the latter part of your life due to the following:
- Ever increasing medical expenditure
- Decreasing earnings or zero revenue
- Reduction of saved money due to daily expenditures
- Unforeseen emergencies that might cost you a lot of money.
Points to note to get the best health policy
Health insurance policy is very valuable for a senior citizen and should be scrutinized on all its clauses before buying, so that during an emergency, the mediclaim health policy provides all the coverages that are required.
- Maximum renewal age: Choose a medical policy that gives an extended renewal age so that you don’t have to worry about renewing the mediclaim policy every year and can renew it only after the maximum renewal period is reached.
- Maximum Coverage: Buy the best health insurance for the elderly that gives maximum coverage, including cover for critical illnesses or pre-existing diseases, at affordable rates.
- Pre-existing diseases coverage with least period: Try to get the best health policy that offers a shorter waiting period for getting benefits for pre-existing diseases, as that will be more beneficial for the elderly person.
- Maximum sum insured: The best health policy is one which offers higher sum insured.
- Minimum exclusions: look for a policy with minimum exclusions as that will enhance the coverage. Exclusions are those diseases that are not covered under the medical policy.
Many eminent health insurance companies in India provide some of the best health insurance policies for the aged. Two of these insurers are Star Health Insurance Company and Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance who offer very good senior citizen health insurance policies. The perfect way you can get the best health policy is by comparing medical policies being offered by various insurers through an online aggregator like www.policybachat.com. In case of queries you can also call insurance experts at 1800 123 4006 / 1800 123 4003.
To summarize, if you understand the importance of a health insurance policy are looking to get the best health insurance in India, then keep the above points in mind and read through the policy nicely before purchasing it.