Buy Short Term Car Insurance for 1, 3, 6, and 9 Months
Short term car insurance is a policy that you can buy for a shorter period of time like 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year as well. It can either be for a month or less, depending on your needs. Short term car insurance policies are typically less expensive than other types of car insurance. This is because they're not as comprehensive and don't cover as many things as long-term policies do. However, it's still important to compare rates and make sure that you're getting the coverage that you need at the price that you want.
Buying a short term car insurance policy with comprehensive and collision coverage is a great way to provide protection to your vehicle. It can be used as a temporary solution or can be extended for long-term use. The cost of this type of policy is usually not too high, but it's important to know that you will need to pay the deductible amount before the insurance company will cover any damages.
Why Choose a Short Term Car Insurance Plan?
When you are looking for a car insurance plan, there are a few things that you should consider. First of all, you should know why you need it. It is important to note that short term car insurance plans are not meant for those who drive their cars for personal reasons. The best time to buy your insurance plan is when your car is not in use and not on the road. This way, it will be easier to find the best deal and avoid any unnecessary expenses.
Benefits of Coverage Offered by Short Term Car Insurance Policy:
The policyholder can choose to buy a 1-month, 6-month car insurance, or 9-month car insurance policy depending upon the requirement. In this type of policy, the policyholder would usually pay less cost of insurance per month as compared to a policy with a longer duration.
- Instant Coverage.
- Coverage against third-party injuries.
- Coverage for third-party property damage.
- Accidental damage.
- Personal accident cover for the driver.
- Fully customizable coverage duration.
- Option to buy the policy 30 days before the start date.
- Peace of mind.
Exclusions of Short Term Car Insurance:
- Not cover theft, and accessories
- Not cover additional drivers
- Not cover driving other cars
- Not covers other than the additional terms and conditions.
How to Buy Short Term Car Insurance Online?
Short term car insurance is the best way to protect your vehicle from damages. It is a type of insurance that provides cover for a temporary period of time, usually 1-3 months. The process of buying short term car insurance online can be quite easy with PolicyBachat. It is essential to compare the prices offered by different companies and make sure you pick the one that suits your budget.
Car insurance for Short term can be purchased online from PolicyBachat portal in two easy steps. In first step you need to enter the details of your car such as Make, Model, Date of registration, RTO location and click on submit to proceed to the next page.
At PolicyBachat we cater unbiased comparison of quotes, 24*7 customer assistance team your motive is to give our customers right quotes with compare car insurance rates online.
- Go to compare car insurance quotes online at PolicyBachat.com
- Fill in required details select your Car Model & Variant, RTO Location, Registration date, and Email address.
- Click on the “START SAVING MONEY”.
- Choose between a Third-Party Liability Only and a Standard Package (Comprehensive Insurance).
- Premiums with different insurance companies are displayed with low premiums
- Select required Add-ons/Riders and discounts, or you can Edit Policy Details as per your requirement
- After that fill in the ‘vehicle owner details and personal details’.
- Purchase best Car Insurance Policy using online payment
- If any queries are raised call: 1800–123–4003.
Who should opt for temporary car insurance?
- Individuals who are just learning to drive a car.
- A person who is driving a rented car for a short-term, may be a month or two.
- A person who has rented a car for a vacation.
- Non-confident drivers riding on heavy traffic roads.
- Inconsistent drivers, i.e. people who do not drive on a regular basis but occasionally.
- Individuals who constantly resell their car to buy a new one.
- Young people and teenagers above 16 years of age who practice driving in their own car.
At what purpose do you need Temporary Car Insurance?
- At borrowing a Car
- In an emergency
- Learning to drive
- Buying a car
- Sharing the driving
- Business use
- Occasional driving
- Young driver insurance.
Different Types of Coverage You Get With A Short Term Car Insurance Policy:
A short-term car insurance policy offers a number of coverage types that can help you get the right insurance for your needs. The different types of coverage offered on a short-term car insurance policy are comprehensive, collision and theft protection. Comprehensive covers damages to the vehicle from things like fire or vandalism, while collision and theft protection cover damages from accidents or thefts.
Types of Temporary Car Insurance:
Temporary car insurance coverage is not as exhaustive when compared to a full-fledged car insurance policy available in India. In a Comprehensive policy, the policyholder is protected against the theft of the car, damages to the insured car, cost of third-party liabilities, damages due to fire or calamities, etc. However, the scope of temporary car insurance is very limited. It may be available in the following types.
1. Gap Insurance
This insurance is for cars that are bought on a lease or loan. It requires the car to be financed by a third-party. The coverage Gap insurance offers, gets activated in case of total loss i.e. damage beyond repair. Here the insurance company will compensate the market value of the car. If the loan amount is more than the market value or Insured Declared Value, then the Gap insurance will pay the balance amount to close the loan on the policyholder.
2. Rental Car Insurance
The type of car insurance policy that covers a rental car is called Rental Car Insurance. Usually, accidental damage, injuries, etc. are covered under rental insurance.
3. Non-owners Insurance
Non-owners Insurance is similar to rental car insurance, however, it is mostly offered to private cars. For example, a person will most likely buy non-owners insurance when borrowing a car from a friend or a relative.
When and Why to Buy Short Term Car Insurance Policy:
Short-term plans provide coverage against multiple liabilities like accidental damage, calamities, the personal accident of the driver, etc. and financial protection against damage arising out of natural disaster and man-made calamities. Opting a short-term policy over a full car insurance policy can be done in certain special situations. The following is a list of such situations:
- In case of using a rented car.
- When driving a private vehicle borrowed from a friend or a relative.
- When you wish to resale a car soon after purchase.
- When learning to drive a car.
- When using a car in another state for the purpose of business or travel.
- When your own car is not usable.
- Drivers with less driving experience.
Best Car Insurance Companies offer Coverages to Short Term Car Insurance:
|Insured Declared Value
||Depends on Make & Model
- Personal Accident Cover
- Third Party liability
- Third Party injuries
||30 days/ 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and yearly.
What is Car Insurance for a Month?
One-month car insurance policies are typically out of the scope of most customers' daily lives. They don't provide any benefits that someone in your position may be seeking. The best thing in relation to one-month car insurance policy might be an effective replacement for your yearly insurance policy and also it will help you to save on your insurance costs.
Case Study 1: Car owners frequently need a policy of insurance that will cover them while they're traveling around the world. A 1-month car insurance policy might be a perfect option for you if it meets your needs. When you're on the road quite a bit, such as when you're presenting monthly reports in an official capacity, your 1-month policy could be just right. The most important consideration needs to be precisely why would you still insure your vehicle if you are not making use of it?
Case Study 2: There are lots of cases where you may need to borrow another car for a short-term, and buying an insurance policy is always necessary. A 1-month insurance policy will be cheaper than buying three months and is definitely worth consideration. There is no doubt that while you are loaning for a car you probably would like to have a complete comprehensive insurance, should the unimaginable happen and you meet an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Is there an eligibility criterion for buying temporary car insurance?
Yes, following are the eligibility criteria for buying temporary car insurance:
- A person who is between the age of 18 years and 25 and carries a valid driving license can buy a temporary car insurance policy.
- If one is looking to learn driving a car then he/she should carry a valid learning license, additionally, someone with a permanent driving license should accompany the driver while using the car.
- If a person has borrowed a car then he/she should be between the age of 17 and 30 to buy short term insurance.
Can I Get Short Term Car Insurance for a month?
Yes, you can get short term car insurance for a month in India. Short term car insurance policies are designed for people who do not own a car and need to drive occasionally. These policies are usually cheaper than traditional or comprehensive policies. Short term car insurance is designed for people who drive occasionally and do not own a vehicle. Short-term policies are usually cheaper than comprehensive policies because they cover less of the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
How Much Is Short Term Car Insurance?
Short term car insurance is the cheapest and most affordable type of car insurance. It is also the type of car insurance that is best suited for a temporary period, or for a short time, such as when you are buying your first car.
A short-term policy usually covers you for up to six months, but some policies may cover you for a longer period. Short-term policies are typically the cheapest option because they do not cover your vehicle against any damages that could happen during this time. If you have a loan on your vehicle, it might be necessary to buy an additional policy to cover the loan amount.
If you know a lot about short-term car insurance, it can be beneficial to purchase monthly coverage. This is the best way to avoid financial liabilities when you're using a car for personal use. Lots of people are switching to monthly car policy as an easy option of money saving, so it could effectively go with a lot of situations.
However, you have to keep in mind that this type of car insurance policy is not available with all the car insurance providers. You need to go through PolicyBachat comparison site to find out an insurance provider that offers short-term or temporary car insurance in India by comparing quotes.