Car insurance is an important part of your financial life. It helps protect you from unforeseen accidents, theft, and other risks that may arise when you have a car. However, it can also be expensive if you are buying it for the first time. This guide will help you find the best car insurance plan for your needs and budget.
Car insurance for 19-year-olds can be costly because of the high risk of accidents among this age group. The average cost for 19-year-old male and female would be around Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 per year for car insurance. However, you can expect to get a small price break of when you turn 19 and a larger price break when you enter your 20s. Car insurance for teens can be expensive. There are ways to save, but the cheapest option is to be included on a parent's or guardian's policy.
Here's What You Need To Know:
- It’s important that drivers of all ages have auto insurance.
- 19-year-olds will pay more for their auto insurance than experienced drivers.
- Insurance quotes for a 19-year-old male will be higher than for a female.
- You won’t see your car insurance rates drop until you’ve accumulated between three and five years of driving experience.
- In most states, drivers who have had their license for three straight years will qualify for good driver discounts.
- It’s best for teens to stay on their parent’s insurance until they no longer live at home to save money.
How to Get the Best Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in India
It is always recommended to get car insurance before you start driving. It is important to check if the insurance company offers discounts for young drivers and also to look at the coverage offered by them. It is not easy to find a cheap car insurance for your 19 year old self in India. You need to be mindful of your driving history as well as your age.
There are some tips that you can follow, in order to get a good deal on car insurance for your teenage self:
- Look for the best provider for your car
- Most insurance providers offer discounts if you insure your car with them.
- In order to find the best provider, calculate how much you would have to spend a month on insurance and then compare what they charge that amount per month.
- Make sure to mention driver-training courses
- Insurance companies often offer a discount if you are a student driver who has completed a driver-training course. This will save you some money on your car insurance.
- Ask for discounts at renewal
- Most insurance companies offer discounts or other incentives if you are able to assure them that you need their services in the future and have a good record of safe driving.
If you are a young driver of 19 Years Old and you are looking for a car insurance policy, then it is important to get a car insurance policy that will cover your driving needs. You need to make sure that the policy includes collision and comprehensive coverage.
How to Buy a 19 Year Old Car Insurance for Teens in India?
It is important for parents to buy a car insurance for their children. A package car insurance policy value can help you cover the cost of any medical emergency or damage to the car. 19 year old car insurance in India comes with a certain amount of coverage, so it's important to pick the right one for your child.
Parent’s package policies provide coverage for children due to injuries and damage caused by an accident and are usually sufficient for the cost of repairs, medical bills, and loss of earnings.
It’s not easy to find affordable car insurance with a lot of insurers when you’re a 19-year-old. One reason that car insurance for a 19-year-old is so high is that teens are statistically much more likely to be in an accident. Regardless how safe of a driver you are, car insurance companies will deem you high-risk if you’re a teen.
There are options, however, so don’t be too discouraged. If you want to get cheap car insurance for 19-year-old drivers, start comparison shopping today by entering your required details. The average rates might be a little higher, but you can still get free quotes. At PolicyBachat we cater unbiased comparison of quotes, 24*7 customer assistance team your motive is to give our customers right quotes with compare car insurance rates online.
- Go to compare car insurance quotes online at PolicyBachat.com
- Fill in required details select your Car Model & Variant, RTO Location, Registration date, and Email address.
- Click on the “START SAVING MONEY”.
- Choose between a Third-Party Liability Only and a Standard Package (Comprehensive Insurance).
- Premiums with different insurance companies are displayed with low premiums
- Select required Add-ons/Riders and discounts, or you can Edit Policy Details as per your requirement
- After that fill in the ‘vehicle owner details and personal details’.
- Purchase best Car Insurance Policy using online payment
- If any queries are raised call: 1800–123–4003.
How are Car Insurance Rates Determined?
Car insurance rates vary depending on a number of demographic details. Car insurance for 19-year-olds is particularly expensive because these drivers are seen as less risk-averse and more likely to get into an accident resulting in a claim. The most common factors that are considered when determining auto insurance rates are:
- Driving experience
- Driving habits
- Motor vehicle record
- Accident history
- Vehicle type and safety record
- Coverage limits
- Rating territory.
- Credit-based insurance score
Insurance for a 19-year-old is generally costly, not only because of the driver’s age but other factors that likely apply to teenagers. Young drivers usually have short driving histories and low credit scores. These things further impact premium rates.
Many people wonder about the role gender plays in finding cheap car insurance for your teenager. While typically the average cost of car insurance for males who are 19 tends to be pricier than that of females who are 19, this trend tends to level out with age and maturity.
Is it best to buy your Own Car Insurance when you are 19 Year Old?
If you’re still living in your parent’s home, that doesn’t stop you from buying your own car and then applying for your own individual policy. Can a 19-year-old get car insurance on their own? Yes, but it might not be a great idea; insurance costs can be a lot for a teen to handle. Here are some of the benefits of staying on your parent’s policy:
- You can get multi-car discounts on your vehicle by adding your policy to your parents’ insurance.
- You’ll qualify for all of the loyalty discounts that your parents are already receiving.
- If your parents have other lines of insurance, you’ll receive a multi-line discount on your car’s rate.
Staying on your parents’ health insurance is beneficial if you live with them. As long as you're living under their roof, they’ll cover your car no matter what and because of that, if you work one job and need another one to earn a certain amount of income, then stay with your parents for a year.
How much is the average cost of car insurance for a 19-year-old female vs a 19-year-old male?
Currently, gender is still a factor that insurance companies will use when determining price. The average cost of car insurance for a 19-year-old female is less than the average cost of car insurance for a 19-year-old male driver. Let’s take a look at some numbers in the table below.
*The above mentioned values are for reference purpose for exact values compare quotes*
What level of Car Insurance can Young Drivers of 19 Year Old Get?
Young drivers are not always restricted to the minimum car insurance level. They can get a higher level of insurance depending on the circumstances. In order to be eligible for a higher level of car insurance, young drivers must be able to show that they have been driving for a year or more and have no history of accidents.
Young drivers also need to provide evidence that they are financially stable and able to handle any financial responsibilities that come with owning a vehicle. Young drivers will have the same three levels of car insurance to choose from:
|Types of Policies
||A fully comprehensive car insurance policy protects you, your vehicle and other drivers from any damage you cause, as well as repair costs, medical expenses, fire damage and theft of your vehicle
|Third-party, fire and theft
||Third-party, fire and theft policies cover repair costs for other people, their cars and their property, as well as your own vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged by fire
||Third-party cover is the minimum legal requirement for motorists – it only offers cover for damage you cause to other people, their cars and their property, and it’s also the most expensive
How much is car insurance for 19-year-olds in each state?
Where you live will have an impact on car insurance rates. Each state has different laws and requirements for the amount of car insurance each driver must carry, and those requirements can influence the cost of insurance in your state.
||19 Year Old Price
*Above mentioned premiums are for illustration purpose. Please check the correct car insurance rates by comparing the quotes with different insurance companies, and choose the one which fulfil your requirement.*
Cheapest Cars to Insure For a 19-Year-Old:
A great way to reduce your car insurance premium is to choose a car that’s cheaper to insure. In the table below, you’ll find a list of the most affordable cars for 19-year-olds to insure.
How to get Cheap Car Insurance for 19-year-olds?
Keep in mind with the figures quoted here, your car insurance policy will differ, as rates are highly customized based on each driver’s profile. In addition, there are many things you can do to lower the price of your car premiums to make your car insurance more affordable. Here are a few suggestions:
Remain on Your Parents’ Policy: It rarely makes sense to buy a separate policy for yourself. By sticking together as a family and remaining on your parents’ policy, drivers can qualify for multi-car discounts
Select a High-Deductible Plan: Your deductible is what you pay in the event of a claim. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly premium. Plus, choosing a higher deductible means you’ll be less likely to file a claim for a low-cost repair something that’s usually not worth the added costs later. Just make sure you don’t set an unaffordable deductible.
Discounts: Car insurance companies offer many ways to save with the help of additional discounts. Good grades are one way to save extra money on your policy. If you spend your semesters away from home, your insurance company could discount your policy to account for less driving time as well.
Maintain a Spotless Record for Your Car: The kind of car you drive can affect how much you pay in auto insurance. If your car is newer, it is less likely to break down or become a hazard on the road. It is also more likely to feature newer safety technologies that can protect you and keep your policy claims-free.
Credit score: Many 19-year-olds do not have an extensive credit report to prove to an auto insurance provider that they are financially responsible. There are still ways to build your credit even when you have new credit, and your car insurance policy will be better for it.
Claims-free record: The fewer accidents on your record, the more likely a car insurance company is to reward you with lower insurance premiums. By driving safely and limiting points on your record, you can enjoy more affordable car insurance.
- Compare car Insurance quotes: Because your premium can fluctuate every six months for various reasons, it's critical to shop around for insurance quotes from as many firms as possible. Depending on the company you choose, your fee may vary significantly. Enter your ZIP code to see what options are available in your area.
- Discount for defensive drivers: Young drivers who complete a professional driving course are eligible for a defensive driver discount. The reason behind this is that drivers who complete the course are less likely to receive a penalty or be involved in an accident. A driver discount is not available from any insurance provider, so check with yours or your agent.
Tips to Save Money on Car Insurance for 19 years old:
The best way to save money on car insurance is to compare quotes from different providers. The more quotes you get, the better the chance of finding a good deal. Many factors affect car insurance rates, including your age, gender, where you live, and your driving experience.
The average cost of car insurance for 19 year old male drivers in India will pay Rs. 3,000-Rs. 4,000 per month for comprehensive coverage with a deductible of Rs. 5 lakhs and an annual limit of Rs. 10 lakhs while a female driver will pay Rs. 2,500-Rs. 3,500 per month for the same coverage with a deductible of Rs. 1 lakh and an annual limit of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Insurance companies will often reward drivers who have been driving for more than 10 years by reducing their rates by as much as 20%.
- Get a driving record and get good student discounts, be a safe driver, and obey the law.
- Use a car with low mileage, if possible, to reduce your risk of an accident and get a lower rate on your auto insurance policy.
- Raise their deductibles to reduce their premiums.
- Keep your vehicle in good condition by following the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations and making sure it is properly insured against damage from collisions or theft, which can lower your rates as well as increase the amount of coverage you have available for collision or theft claims in the event of an accident or theft loss to the vehicle.
- Compare quotes from different companies some may offer better rates than others for similar coverage levels.
||19 Year Old - Male
||19 year old - Female
|Third Party Liabilities
||3000 - 4000
||2500 - 3500
Car insurance for 19 year olds is cheaper than that of older drivers, as they are statistically more likely to be involved in accidents. Teenagers are always known to pay more for car insurance, so this stat makes the market much easier on them. Car insurance premiums may change over time because you're generally a safer person as you get older, but they don't always fall on their own. You can take steps to ensure this happens by taking out an inexpensive policy in the beginning and renewing it in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
How much is car insurance for a 19-year-old?
There are a number of factors used in determining what car insurance will cost for drivers under the age of 21. The average car insurance cost for a 19-year-old female will be different from the average car insurance cost for a 19-year-old male.
- On average, 19-year-old drivers pay Rs.2849 per month annually for car insurance
- 19-year-old male drivers pay Rs. 2937 more per month for car insurance than female drivers of the same age
- Teen drivers should seek out car insurance discounts to help lower their overall rates.
What’s the cost of car insurance for a 19-year-old?
A car insurance rates for a 19-year-old will come with a decent price tag. However, many factors besides your age will impact your car insurance rates. For example, your ZIP code, driving record, credit score, and even your gender can also impact what you’ll pay for car insurance. However, quite a few states will no longer use gender when it comes to pricing your car policy. This means that the cheapest car insurance for 19-year-olds will be calculated using the other factors instead.
What if you get into an Accident with your Parents Car?
If you get into an accident with your parent's car, the insurance company will not cover the cost of repairs. You would be responsible for paying for any damages that are not covered by the insurance company.
How to Renew Car Insurance for 19 years Old Online?
Car insurance for 19 year old insurance can be renewed online by visiting the website PolicyBachat first and then selecting a suitable insurance company. It’s worth noting that each insurance company’s renewal process may differ slightly. The following is a step-by-step guide to renewing an insurance policy online:
Step 1: log in to PolicyBachat.
Step 2: Choose a policy that is about to expire or has already expired.
Step 3: Select the coverage you require and click “Renew.”
Step 4: Read the insurance policy’s inclusions and exclusions, as well as the terms and conditions. Also, make sure to read the small print.
Step 5: Pay for the policy and receive it at your registered email address.