Does your Car Insurance cover Animal Attack?
There have been many instances of animal attack on the car resulting in the damage of the car. These animal attacks can be due to different reasons and the damage caused can be severe to the car. There are many types of animals which can cause damage to the car and result in huge amount for repairing the damages caused.
Ms.Sunaina has purchased a brand new car on her anniversary and insured it with a well known insurance company. She opted for comprehensive cover with all the necessary add-ons and paid the premium for one year period. She parked her car in front of her house; one street dog approached the car and started playing with the rubber part in the front bumper. The dog bit the rubber in the front bumper and pulled down the bumper causing the bumper to bend from its original position. After this the dog went to sleep on the top of the car thereby causing a dent on the top of the car.
Ms.Sunaina was shocked to see her car damaged in the morning and filed for claim with the insurance company seeking compensation. Her insurance company settled the claim under the comprehensive section of the policy. Not only dog, but there are many other animals which can cause damage to your include. These include goat/sheep, dogs, bovines, rats/rodents etc.
What is covered under “Animal Attack” in Car insurance?
Any damage to the car due to animal attack such as dog bite, goat/sheep attack is covered under the comprehensive section of the insurance policy. The damage caused can be internal as well as external, sometimes when the animal gains entry into the car the damage can be internal and severe. The animal can gain entry into the car through an unattended door/window or sunroof and cause damage.
Steps to prevent “Animal Attack” on Car:
It might not be completely possible to eliminate the chance of animal attack but few steps can be taken to prevent the animal attack on your vehicle. Taking few precautions can reduce the risk of animal attack on your vehicle.
- Close windows and doors properly: Check twice for doors and windows before leaving your car unattended. Partially closed windows and doors provide an entry point to the animals thereby causing damage to your car.
- Don’t store food inside car: Food attracts animals, rodents, flies and other types of pests. Hence it is advised to not store food in the car which can attract animals such as monkeys, rodents such as rats into the car.
- Avoid Parking in open places: Cars parked in open places such as roads, near drains are more susceptible to damages to those parked in garages and closed places. In open places it is easy for animals and rodents to get access to your car and cause damage.
- Comprehensive insurance: Having a comprehensive insurance can help you a lot in case of animal damage to your car. Third party insurance doesn’t cover any damage to the vehicle.
- Use car frequently: Not using your car frequently may cause it to turn into breeding places for the rodents or animals. Rodents can also cause damage to the electric system of the car apart from damage to seats and other parts.
For best online car insurance quotes please visit https://www.policybachat.com/ and check for the best car insurance renewal quotes and compare car insurance quotes.